main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Unleashed II and The Old Republic soundtracks

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by QuiWanKenJin, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

We already have confirmed there will be a soundtrack for the Old Republic. Whether it will be released to the public or not, remains to be seen. We may have to burn it via online as some us have done with Star Wars soundtracks that they don't release. Has anyone heard anything about the Force Unleashed II soundtrack? The web has been pretty quiet about it.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I remember hearing about a soundtrack for The Force Unleashed being released, but it never happened. So I'm guessing that they probably won't make any for new games. :(

3. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

I'm talking about the soundtrack for the sequel, that we haven't heard much about. The soundtrack for the first Force Unleashed you can download, or at least you used be able to.:oops:

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    It seems odd that, with commercial releases of video game scores on the rise, and with a built-in fanbase for Star Wars properties, there still have not been any commercial releases of Star Wars game scores.

5. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

I know what you mean. Lucasfilm would be stupid not to harvest this asset. Most likely their reluctance is due to the bad selling of the prequel soundtracks. I don't care if people didn't like them. I did, and that's what matters.:p

6. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Mark Griskey posted on Twitter that the score for TFU2 has been recorded.

There's a great feature on the music of The Old Republic here.

7. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I really wished they would start REleasing these scores to the public.

8. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    The original soundtrack to The Force Unleashed II is available. Use a browser plugin like DownloadHelper for Firefox to get MP3 files from the web site.

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yes, the video game scores would sell well, especially for the most popular games.

10. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    It's probably prohibitively expensive to sell the soundtracks with John Williams' themes included. James Hannigan's scores to the more recent Harry Potter games had all instances of Hedwig's theme edited out, and it was lame. Imagine "Assault on Kamino" with the Imperial March. Is there any point to it? The good news is that we can just download the soundtrack for free... and unreleased music may be in game rips.

11. Stepher

Stepher Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2011
    i have listen some time ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.