main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mayhem, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Any other video gamers out there?
    If so I hope you've heard of the Force Unleashed. Anyways, the demo was just released on XBox Live and whatever online thingy PS3 uses. This game looks amazing. September 16th is the official relase date for the full game. I've only played a few minutes of the demo but it seems awesome so far. The physics are great and the graphics superb. Vader's voice is dead on; I need to see if they actually got J.E.J to do it.
    Story line is pretty cool. We just got the book and graphic novel (as well as art book) at work. From what I've look through of them, Vader and Palps are in top form. I'm in the middle of reading the Clone Wars book now so Force Unleashed will be next. (BTW if you liked the Clone Wars movie and/or are fans of the republic Commando books,,,,read Clone Wars. Karen Traviss is an amazing author and brings a ton of depth to the clones as well as other characters).

Also on the non-star wars front..Blizaard just put out the cinematic trailer for Wrath of the Lich King. As usual Blizzard's cinematics are beyond amazing. Really wish they'd do a movie like that.

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Video games are the ebil!!!! :p

I'm actually wanting to play this one and I know Luis is salivating to get his hands on it.

Has the book been released? <----- still working on post Clone Wars stuff

3. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Yeah the book, graphic novel and art book came out on this past tuesday. My store has it set on their front table display (plus I have 2 different clone wars tables..one showing a behind the scenes vid...and a kids display).

I've played the demo 3 times now (its a very short level) and I must say, slicing an AT-ST in half vertically is sick!

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I just hate getting addicted to video games. I was addicted to Tekken for awhile . . . 13 years ago. :p

5. boba_fett_protector

boba_fett_protector Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2004
    The Demo was fun - but I read the novelization and I was not impressed at all. Granted, it's written exactly like a video game... I guess I was expecting more than chapters laid out like levels with Boss Battles at the end of them. I think the game will be great though, but the story was kind of... well, lame, I thought ha.

I've got it preordered though! ha.

6. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Yeah, the novel was good but nothing special...basically the game written out.
    With TFU it's basically just a hyped up game with all new tech driving it. It's not the media giant that Shadows of the Empire was. With Shadows they went out of the way to make it feel like a movie without an actual movie...a lot stood on its own with Shadows tie ins.
    TFU is a game with a book as an after thought. I read the GN too and if anything it was a bit better just cause you dont expect so much depth there.

Still excited for the game.

7. boba_fett_protector

boba_fett_protector Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2004
    After the game comes out we can discuss spoiler points and stuff, but I just felt that the storyline completely undermines the original trilogy to the point where it makes all of our classic favorite characters just shallow cut-outs.

My review is here.

I would rather it's just a cool idea, this "unleashed" force powers gimmick, rather than trying to make it a "major chapter in the star wars saga" - and you're totally right, this is nothing like Shadows of the Empire - which did feel like a film release without an actual movie. I would love to see them do animated versions of the six films at some point, and slide in these extra 'chapters,' like Shadows of the Empire.

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm reading the book.

OK, if anyone is interested the are doing a midnight release at the Game Stop in Rock Hill.

9. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Ask me tomorrow after I see what my bonus from work is lol.
    spent so much on baby stuff the last few days. Our little Sith Peanut is coming anytime in the next few weeks!

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Exciting times! :D

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I read the book and enjoyed it. :D Maybe that should be our November book club book since a few of us have read it already. :p

12. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I read this book and enjoyed the twist... The art book is a great addition to the rest of my collection and the video game is a lot of fun! I got it for the Wii and the Xbox 360 (Which is obviously better). My son beat it in a couple of days - I am taking my time. The Wii is cool because Target sells a lightsaber controller for the system that looks like a FX saber (Red, blue, yellow or green are available if you can find them) for $20 without sound (Game provides that). I thought about getting a green one and customizing it to make a Yoda saber for my youngling all for $20 + additional grip, plastic and paint.

Anyway - game is great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.