main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Force Users By Tier

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Silas Nightstalker, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Wow, it has been a LONG time since I've logged in. My bad. Anyway, I had this thought recently, that Force users can be classified by different tiers. We know, for example, that Anakin would have been destroyed by Sidious if they had ever fought, yet Anakin was technically more powerful than Sidious. I think when you combine a Force users ability to use the Force itself, as well as wield a blade, that you can divide them up.

Tier 1 Force users would be ordinary Force users not any any special council. Your basic Sith troopers that you seen in the Old Republic getting cut down left and right in the Temple when Malgus attacks, or your standard Jedi peacekeepers.

Tier 2 Force users would be exceptional Force users that may or may not be on any council. Powerful warriors, but not the strongest.

Tier 3 Force users would be those extraordinary Force users with incredible power. I imagine that those powerful enough to be included in this tier would be high ranking in their respective organizations.

I'm curious as to what others think. Is this an appropriate ranking system? Who do you think best represents each tier? I'll list my light side/dark side picks below.

Tier 1: Johun Othone (light) Aurra Sing (dark)
    Tier 2: Obi-Wan Kenobi (light) Darth Maul (dark)
    Tier 3 Luke Skywalker (light) Darth Sidious (dark)

Obviously Mace Windu, Revan, Count Dooku, Bane, Plagueis, and Yoda are all Tier 3 Force users, and it would be a brutal battle if any of them fought, but I feel that Luke and Sidious are the best representatives.

Honestly, Anakin Skywalker never really impressed me much as a Jedi. He was a much better Sith, but even then, he was so much weaker than Sidious. I think he MIGHT be a Tier 3 competitor, but not by much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.