main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Users/Orders In Ep. 9 & Beyond

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ahsoka Blaster, Dec 21, 2017.

?

Should the "Force-using Lightsiders" became more diverse and decentralized as they grow after IX?

1. Yes

61.0%
  2. No

39.0%
  1. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    In Legends, that’s essentially how the Order functioned circa 4000 BBY, during the era of Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Even with those limitations 10,000 out of trillions is still a very small percentage. Luke actually having 30 odd students is quite an achievement.

3. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    And this will ring true when she finds out Obi-Wan is her grandfather. - "Show me.... Grandfather.... the Power of the Light"

4. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Rey: holding up the Bespin saber

Kylo: "That was broken. The Skywalker line is dead."

Rey: "It has been remade."

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Preach CoJ.

EDIT:
    Mods. Sorry for the multiple posts. I was reading through this new thread and responding as I came to those posts.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  6. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    The idea of 'balance' would've been better explained in Ep. VIII, Ep. IX is gonna be crammed as it is.

We've had foreshadowing of what makes 'balance' and a handful of hints but it's never explained outright.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Well Luke specifically told Kylo that he would NOT be the last Jedi, so unless they want to show Luke as being wrong in his final act before death (which is possible) then I'd say Rey is going to be fairly recognizable as a Jedi in her appearance and her actions. I don't think they are going to throw a curveball and have her be 100% different from all Jedi that we've seen before, visually and spiritually. If that was the case, they'd have really burned the books in TLJ. That said, there will likely be some minor differences.

My hope is that Episode 9 skips ahead several years and the film opens with Rey already having a padawan, training him "on the go" throughout their adventure in 9. That's something I've been wanting to see in this ST. I wanted that in TLJ with Luke and Rey but maybe we'll get it this way instead.

I'd love to see Rey, Rey's apprentice, Finn and Chewie off on an adventure together in the Falcon in Episode 9. I liked Finn much better in TFA when he was playing off of Rey so they should be on the same mission this time. Then have Poe leading the fleet, and Rose relegated to a very small part, probably a Connix-level part on the Rebel command ship.

Not sure what they do with the droids. Probably R2 on the Falcon. C3PO at the Resistance Base and BB8 with Rose or Poe if they pilot a small star fighter at some point, which Poe probably will. You know even if he's the Admiral, in the final battle he's not sitting around. He's jumping in his X-wing and flying to the front lines.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Should be no Jedi in IX..

Palp_Faction likes this.
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The whole ending of TLJ was saying that yes there will be Jedi again.

The Jedi have been fading away since New Hope. Down to a handful, and finally just one old guy. But now they are being reborn.

There will be Jedi.

10. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Maybe Rey's new Jedi will be more like lone wolves, or just working in pairs (master and apprentice)...But they live separately throughout the galaxy, some more prominent working with the resistance/government/military, and others almost hidden away just making positive impacts in their communities and home planets. Then these Jedi only meet up when there's a huge conflict or threat to peace that would require them to all work together. Like the AVENGERS.

Maybe the new Jedi realize a lot of their problems start when there are lots of Jedi all together and their egos get big and they lose focus on what the Jedi should be doing at their core.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  11. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    The Jedi are like professional athletes. They all have freakish physical gifts, but they still have to be coached and develop that talent to be the best.

12. Nadroj ilain

Nadroj ilain Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    I just don't think one more episode will give Rey a believable arc that will show her capable of leading a new jedi order.

I think the ST needs to introduce Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka survived her fight with Darth Vader and went in to hiding in the outer rim. Since she didn't know Luke she sensed that Vader was still alive until Luke died believing Luke to be Vader or maybe she went off to grow more powerful, or maybe she's just trapped and will be rescued. However they do it they need her.

Rey has received barely any training at all. Ahsoka would be a great tie in seeing as how she was Anakin's padawan, fought vader, saw the mistakes of the old jedi and to fit in with the ST she's a strong female lead.

Plus it would allow for the return of some of the old jedi traditions. Plus it would allow Rey to be a Padawan which would still allow her to be involved with the training of younglings.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  13. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    But even if they are called Jedi, will they be Jedi at all, save in name?

Rey has the original teachings of the Jedi Order... penned by a group of hermits who spent their lives meditating in isolation in a tiny island in the middle of the ocean in an isolated world in the middle of nowhere. The Jedi Order as the Galaxy knew it had existed for 10,000 years... they changed a lot for sure since the beginnings...

If Rey intended to create something like Chirrut's Guardians of the Whills and bring children to Ach-to to spend their lives meditating and praying... then yes, those books would suffice... but if she wants to recreate the Jedi as an order of active warrior-diplomats, she will start from the scratch and she will have to do everything by herself... The organization she will create may be better or may be worse than the Jedi of the Old Republic, but they will probably be so different that they shouldn't be called "Jedi" at all...

I mean, think of Rey writing he rules of the new Order: "Celibacy? Who thought that would be a good idea? Scratch that... Avoinding attachements? That's dumb... Recruiting babies? I can't do that... Diplomacy? I don't know a thing about diplomacy... " ...etc.

Also, Rey had no formation or training at all. She acts on pure instinct... what could she teach? Even she if she learns some stuff by trial and error, any other Force Sensitive around could learn (and have probably learnt) by themselves without joining her club...

And anyways, are all Force Sensitives going to be as powerful as she is? Because if she has to train a kid who is just an average Force Sensitive... what can she tell him or her to do? It would be like Game of Thrones' Mountain teaching Arya Stark how to fight... "fighting is easy; just grab his seven foot long greatsword and hit your opponent so hard you will cleave him in two halves..."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe Rey won't be the leader of the new Jedi. Even if she survives Ep. 9 maybe the Jedi going forward will be multiple decentralized groups with various different leaders. Maybe Rey will share the contents of the texts with everybody and let everybody figure it out for themselves.

Rodie likes this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Episode X: Battle of the decentralized Jedi Groups

16. King_Kenobi62

King_Kenobi62 Jedi Master

May 7, 2014
    I think a good answer to a lot of problems and worries concerning the Jedi, Rey, and Luke would be not only a good time jump around 5 years to show her progression but also a montage of sorts at the beginning possibly showing Luke and the other Force Ghosts guiding the force sensitives like broom boy along and eventually to Rey. Maybe saving them from their slave masters, the FO, or some other situation. This would show Rey was continuing her training under the ghosts and the books as well as explain a new order ready to fight by episode IX. That way Rey can still be the main hero and physical leader of the Jedi but also the audience can finally see the Jedi being reborn instead of just hearing about it returning since 1983. I get one of TLJ’s themes was letting the past die, and killing it in several cases, but IX could show that you can still respect and learn from it. I think this would a way to please a lot of fans and have a great story too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There will only be one Jedi. Rey. That’s it. Except for the force ghosts of course

18. King_Kenobi62

King_Kenobi62 Jedi Master

May 7, 2014
    If indeed there is I will be disappointed. I’ve already given up hope of Finn being a Jedi after TLJ but I’m still hoping IX will at least be different from VI. If we end with just Rey and the promise she’ll restart the Jedi like Luke from ROTJ that would be terrible in my opinion. We will have gone through three whole movies just to end right back at square one. Surely they’d use where the TLJ ended and build from there instead of take the easy and lazy way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Jedi Order is not going anywhere and I am glad of that.

20. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    And a lot of what people glossed over in TLJ is just how wise Luke was...by the end of the film he was resolved that the Jedi should live on, but IMO he didn't completely change his mind about the hubris of the Order, nor did he say in what way. Yoda's comments about failure being the greatest lesson of all will have to stick with Luke in his guiding Rey (either with a blue glow or another manner).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I’d also love to see Rey interact with the other force ghosts

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    In E9, the Jedi Order might return or maybe Rey creates something new.
    How do Rey and or Luke make the E9 Jedi Order or whatever Force Order they create, defeat the FO? And make it enticing for people to join beyond the end of the war? Next, how do they deal with new Dark Siders potentially destroying the Order every new generation? How do they break the cycle? How can the Order continue to grow?

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE. TITLE UPDATE.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think there was a perfect opportunity after he says the Jedi must end, a new Jedi Order where positive emotions and actions are permitted and it's negative emotions and actions that are forbidden.

25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed. What was one of the first lines of TFA? “Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the Force.” Luke was jaded when he said the Jedi should end. He doesn’t feel that way now.