main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Users/Orders In Ep. 9 & Beyond

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ahsoka Blaster, Dec 21, 2017.

?

Should the "Force-using Lightsiders" became more diverse and decentralized as they grow after IX?

1. Yes

61.0%
  2. No

39.0%
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Where will the Jedi be? Wherever Ben and Rey make a home.

RiddleMeThis likes this.
  2. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I really think it depends on how closely they hold to that ending of The Last Jedi.

In the scene with the young boy using the force and the broom, I believe there is an implication that Star Wars is generally moving away from the Jedi being the organized religion it has been.

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  3. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I think there will be a smaller amount of them compared to the 1000s during the times of the Republic.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...x-future-of-force-using-lightsiders.50048819/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. Resistance Trooper 2

Resistance Trooper 2 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 11, 2018
    If they do away with the Jedi, that will be super boring.

eko32eko7 likes this.
  6. Call me crazy but I hope that Rey, Kylo and the child of The Last Jedi are the last sensitive to the force

Close with them to close the saga would be the best

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  7. Justin Gensel

Justin Gensel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 11, 2018
    TBH, that idea feels like it ends the entire story on the most hopeless note its ever been at. Even without Force Users being active, the Galaxy is still a place of turmoil, war and injustice, in fact, from what the sequel has shown us, it's only gotten WORSE in the 50 years since the Jedi were wiped out. Some things may need to change or be adapted to the times, but getting rid of the Force altogether isn't a solution. It is perhaps one of the most unique things about this series that has set it apart from shows like Battlestar Galactica or Star Trek, that even in a future with faster than light travel, planet destroying superweapons and all different kinds of gadgetry, that simple faith is still relevant and more than that, its followers can be made incredibly powerful because of their trust in the Force. If you want a sci-fi series without 'magic', there's more than enough to choose from, but don't take it away from Star Wars please

8. sabo1990

sabo1990 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

9. Justin Gensel

Jun 11, 2018
    I expect this series will close out with the loss of the old generation, but the next one finally ready to take over. They'll learn from the past instead of trying to burn or hide it and with the knowledge of the first temple, plant the seeds to grow a new Order that will be more adequate to serve the Galaxy and itself. It probably won't happen in Rey and Kylo's time, but Rey will provide the push needed to get things moving again.

10. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I can't imagine Disney spent all that money to kill the franchise. I expect IX will show the beginnings of a new force order, and maybe even 2 new force orders to counter one another. Getting rid of the Force basically kills all life in GFFA, and thus kills Star Wars. I would love to see a new dynamic between the light and dark side force users, but I can't imagine after 1000s of years no one can figure out how use the force all the sudden. Especially since Rey figured out advanced force skills with no training at all.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Star Wars needs to bring Force users back.

Badly.

Enough already of the "Jedi are a myth" or "Jedi need to end" or "Jedi are part of the past" mentality.

It's time to see something fantastic, to be reintroduced to the mystic and mysterious parts of the GFFA.

For the LOVE.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  12. Justin Gensel

Jun 11, 2018
    I think it would be good to revive all of the different disciplines (save for the Sith, which were pure cancer). Solo reintroduced the idea of the Teras Kasi Masters, the new saga is really trying to build toward the reformation of the Jedi Order. Couldn't future movies touch on the Dagoyan Order, the Dathomiri sorcerers, the Krath, the Jal Shey and others? There's plenty of options to grow the Force with. And it's way past time we got to see the Force be AMAZING again. I'd love to see fully trained, confident Force wielders displaying new tricks and abilities. The subtle stuff is still good too, but keeping the Force too constrained all the time just makes it seem like parlor tricks, or as Han would put it 'dumb luck and superstitious nonsense'. The previous saga entries have all shown us this is clearly not the case, and it's time for the Galaxy at large to remember that too

Roosterq likes this.
  13. jimmy92186

jimmy92186 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    I would certainly be fine with SW doing away with the centralized version of the Jedi. I think it would be interesting to see them in a less "arm of the government" group than having their own vision of what should be. Not quite being vigilantes but where they aren't separated. I think the EU was great in that they let the Jedi be "human", marry,love, hate, etc. But I would love to have them be as big a part of the story as they were in the PT and to a different degree in the OT. I think for me to enjoy other SW trilogies or standalone movies that have very little to do with the force, I would want the saga to continue the main story where the big picture is still about force users. And it doesn't have to continue to be Jedi/Sith. Kylo Ren isn't a sith so light side dark side take different forms.

14. Justin Gensel

Jun 11, 2018
    I feel like the Jedi NEED unity as a central theme of their organization. They're a group that thrives on sharing knowledge and passing down experience (in stark opposition to Dark Side groups that foster isolation and hoarding of knowledge to control students) A bigger emphasis might be needed on allowing self discovery to grow as a Jedi, but the Council is there to provide a shoulder to lean on and words of wisdom for those who seek them. A big reason why the Jedi were defeated in the Clone Wars was that they were internally divided, students not trusting their masters, the council not trusting Anakin or any of the senators and the Sith used that to weaken and kill them off and seduce their greatest warrior into thralldom. The new trilogy should give us a sense of the restoration of that former unity, forged by the purpose of bringing peace back to the Galaxy

15. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    From George Lucas:

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/George_Lucas_Sheds_Some_Light_On_Star_Wars_Sequels_181008.asp

....so.....not this

16. jimmy92186

jimmy92186 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    I would definitely enjoy seeing that. I would really like that whatever happens in IX it leaves us with a different view on Luke's story and the movie moves pieces into place so that whatever comes after will involve a new Jedi order.

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    At IHOb.

Roosterq likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe this will be the key to resolving the Force conflict in IX without rehashing ROTJ? Maybe Rey and Kylo put an end to the Whills' manipulations, and with that the Force conflicts.

19. Justin Gensel

Jun 11, 2018
    That's assuming the Whills would even be considered actively malicious rather than having a group of individuals (the dark siders) actively working against them for selfish, destructive ends

20. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    RJ made that call... j/k

21. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Depends on what JJ does with Luke's dialog about believing the Jedi should end, etc. Will the Jedi really end and Rey (or Rey and Ben) start something new? Or will it still be a Jedi order but with a different take on the force? Or will there be no organized Jedi and just an "awakening" of regular people tapping into their Force nature and exhibiting amazing powers? It's all up to JJ...he could take it in a number of directions.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  22. Justin Gensel

Jun 11, 2018
    I fear that leads to a case of 'everyone is special, so now no one is'. While I can agree with the philosophy that the Jedi Order does not possess ownership of the Force, that doesn't automatically translate into 'EVERYONE can now have that power'. The fact of the matter is, not everyone in the Galaxy can have access to the Force. That doesn't make them any less than people that can. All it means is that they have to find different talents that they can nurture to stand out in their own right. Poe doesn't have the power, and he's 50x the leader that Kylo Ren is, on top of being probably the BEST pilot living in the galaxy and a hell of a shot. That being said, the films thus far have made a pretty strong case that even though the Jedi Order messed up, that does not mean that they aren't worthy of a place in the Galaxy, more than that, nothing else has really filled the void their absence has left behind. The Jedi are the final missing piece in the puzzle to help restore justice to the Galaxy, they just need to figure out how to do things better than the last time.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Any new thoughts?

I'm still thinking we might get a new order named after the Skywalkers, founded by Rey to replace the Jedi.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    GregMcP likes this.