main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force vergence

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Turin2221, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I made the following post in this thread... similar ideas to some of the discussion here.

2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm still at a loss as to what the dark side, light side and the balance of the Force have to do with the title of the thread. "Force vergence." The "vergence" in the Force had something to do with Anakin Skywalker's conception, and I'm not sure what the cosmology of the Force necessarily has to do with that.

Perhaps the title is not right for what is being discussed.

3. Turin2221

Turin2221 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2008
    I have to agree with DarthDuckie about the fear part. You have a group of crackheads that your pretty sure are armed. You need groceries. Going to the grocery store on foot is dangerous, but you have no other choice.
    Now you may be be courageous and strong, but still. fear could be there as well as anger.
    When Luke defeated his father it was after he refused to battle his father and said, "I will not fight you". Only when Vader learned of his sister and gloated did Luke become angry.
    -Palpatine: "Your anger has made you strong"
    Anger is a natural component of the force neither good nor bad. This is clear.

4. Turin2221

Nov 23, 2008
    Dawud786's response is in the spirit of my arguement. It's a Taoist version of the living force. -Turanis

5. Turin2221

Nov 23, 2008
    I would respectfully disagree to DarthBoba's commentary with the fact I do not excercise a sorcerer's ways but, Feel the vergence after s lifetime of good deeds. At the peak of my strength I believe that a little philsophical reflection is a good thing. -Turanis

6. Turin2221

Nov 23, 2008
    Typo, sorry. I DONT claim or wish a sorcerer's ways.

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Um..anyway.

If anyone was curious what a vergence is:

In physiology, it's the simultaneous movement of the pupils of the eys toward or away from one another during focusing.

And and in geology it's the direction in which a fold is inclined or overturned.

8. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    And I'm not even Taoist!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.