main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ForceCast with Dave

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Did anybody hear it?

I can never watch/listen to these things live and can never figure out how to hear them after the fact? It shouldn't be this hard Jimmy and Jason!

In any case, I'm wondering if he said anything about season three or the future of the show. Secondary I love to hear what he had to say about season two, the writing, Boba Fett, the Mandalorians and the season finale.

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Just wait til Friday and download the mp3 from their website.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't watch that at all, sorry.

4. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Thanks Gry. Got the link for the website??

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, I think he said something about firing Paul Dini, George Krstic, Melinda Hsu, Scott Murphy, Henry Gilroy, Stephen Melching, and Julie Siege before they started Season 3.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009

Wait wait wait. Paul Dini works on the Clone Wars!? As in, the guy who helped create Harley Quinn Dini!?
    Wow, now thats interesting to say the least. I can't believe I missed that.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I joined the Forcecast late, but they had Dave on there for a while with Jaime King.
    James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein joined in later. (there were some connection issues).

Dave mostly wanted to discuss Season 2 as he did not want to give away too much about Season 3.

James Arnold Taylor was a riot as he kept switching between a myriad of voices (Johnnie Carson, Christopher Walken to name a few). He is insanely talented!

There was an "awww. how cute" moment when a little 6-yr old girl called in and told Ashley that Ahsoka was her favorite character and wanted to know what Ashley's favorite episode was. It's great to hear from the younglings!

Jaime King was great as well! I could listen to her voice for hours. I hope she continues with Aurra Sing. Jaime and Ashley had a good conversation about the interaction between their characters in the season finale.

8. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    Yeah, he wrote Voyage of Temptation and Cloak of Darkness; the Satine and Ventress focused episodes. You'll note the snappiness of the dialogue in those eps.

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    http://forcecast.net/c-forcecastnews.asp

10. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Harharhar. That's crazy enough I could almost believe it.

11. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    Dave was frustratingly vague in EVERY SINGLE ANSWER. By the time he left I was ready to strangle my computer...seriously, Dave...actually, you know what? Seriously, LucasFilm...let him answer at least ONE question.

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That's why I don't even bother listening to interviews with him.

13. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Yeah I agree Lucas film has him by the balls and he never says much.I like Dave a lot too but Interviews with him are pointless.

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I rarely listen to his commentaries or interviews.

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    To be fair, I think the people asking the questions are the frustrating ones. Of course Dave won't be able to tell us whether this or that appears in the next season, so why would you waste everybody's time by asking things like that? Why not ask questions about things he can actually answer? Why not try to get some answers about all those little things we wondered during season 2? Why not simply discuss the merits of some of the choices he made, instead of trying to get some inside scoop on future events?

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    GARTH_MAUL, GGrievious, why didn?t you put the ?high and mighty? emoticon next to your comments? Oh wait?I was just looking over the selection of emoticons and there is no ?high and mighty? emoticon. lol, my bad!

18. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Oh please, that's just petty. Do you not understand the concept of people having different opinions?

19. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    The man's my hero in the realm of TCW, but I don't often read interviews or listen to Forcecasts, as occasionally the site crashes my browser and as always, I'm lazy. :p
    But yeah, I am now presently streaming it. XD

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    how about this? To quote 30 Rock, I don't want you to miss this over-the-top eye roll::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[face_whistling]

That's basically a personal attack and is pretty much flaming. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish there, chief.

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Regardless of what any thinks the bottom line is that Dave is a lackey of GL. I knew for some reason that Henry Gilroy was fired from the program. It made sense, its just that when I posted it, no one could really answer that or confirm it for .......whatever reason it may be.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to season 3. I think I'm done with the vagueness, the mystery, for a series that to me is good, but not all that awe inspiring.

Thats just me though.:)

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Off the top of my head, Filoni talking about why they chose not to give Aurra Sing a lightsaber, and the discussion about stuff that had to be cut out of Lethal Trackdown were the only things remotely interesting during Dave's time talking.

Other than that, questions like "will we see Bariss Offee again" etc. clearly were not going to go anywhere. And the thing is, that wasn't even a caller's question. I think it was from the guy hosting the podcast, and he of all people should know that such a question can't be answered. I remember in last years podcast after Season 1, he was asking about the Mandalorians in Season 2 and Dave had to deflect the question by asking where the word "Mandalorian" originated, which then went off on an uninteresting tangent.

Like Gry said, I don't blame Filoni for how these interviews play out, most of the blame lays with the people asking the questions.

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I think Filoni is a cool guy, but he's obviously handcuffed by LFL.

I'm not going to waste time listening to a bunch of people ask him about S3 and have him say "watch and find out" or variants on i.

We already had Dave & Henry here for an interview with TFN, and though I was glad they did it, they really couldn't talk about much.

24. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Gilroy was fired?

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, he left. Something about "creative differences" or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.