main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ForceCast with Dave

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    /\

I would really like to hear just what these "creative differences" were. [face_plain]

2. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I thought the 'creative differences' was just about the pop-up info project?

3. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    If I remember correctly, "creative differences" is why Gilroy and Melching stopped doing "The Clone Wars: Decoded", not why Gilroy was not a part of season 2.

A long while back on the ForceCast, Gilroy mentioned that they were going in a different direction with the writing on season 2 and were using live-action writers. However, he did not say he left due to any "creative differences". It sounds more like perhaps his contract was just not renewed for another season. The details are vague though, so it is hard to know for sure.

For awhile I thought that perhaps some of the season 1 writers were secretly working on the other animated series for Lucasfilm. However, that was before the "comedy" series was announced. I guess something like that is still possible, but there is nothing to indicate it.

Edit: It looks like XCell beat me to this.

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I would normally pay for any form of Plo Koon awesomeness, but a fight with Bossk would have been awesome. :p

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think that the contract was not re-newed becuase of the direction that the series was going to take. Granted, season 1 looks more kiddie in nature than season 2. But, what at the time I found ironic was that at the time that Luacasfilm was moving in the direction to use live action writers, the Dark Horse Clone Wars Series was not renewed also. Almost like a double whammy, no more Gilroy in the series and the bye bye comic book. I know, I know all that stuff that Randy said about sales. But.......the clone wars issues were selling around the 13,000 issue range which is more than DC's Batman Brave and the Bold comic book, and Cartoon Action Pack (had Ben 10 Alien Force and Secret Saturday stories).

In other words, the clone war comic book from the new series was doing better than the other stuff that was also being aired in the cartoon network. Though I don't like comparing the new clone war comic books to the other star wars projects due to difference in approach and what not. KOTOR towards the end was selling roughly aorund 16,000 issues a month. A drop from what it use to do. The clone war comic was selling slightly less than 3, 000 books than the on-going, so it must have not been doing that bad.

With the Clone War digests, we haven't had a new one in a while, and putting Gilroy's story as a digest don't count. If you look at Diamond top TPB's, the first digest (Gilroy 6 issue series) didn't even crack the top 300. The other new 4 digests have sold trmendously well. They should keep coming out with three of those a year. But what do I know.

I also think Gilroy was more into the EU than maybe Dave. I could be wrong, but, maybe not.

Nevertheless, I wish that they had kept Gilroy. He is a good story teller.

6. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    In my opinion Jason and Jimmy didn?t seam to have prepared themselves for the interview, it really was a waste.

I?m of course thankful for the Forcecast in general, but that was almost 1 hour of "wait and see", when it could have been 60 minutes of talking about what did and didn?t work in s2, the developments from s1 etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.