main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton ForceFest '04: The Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    *nods at Berx's post*

2. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Fair enough.

I just don't see why you are comfortable with two people and not so comfortable with another just because the first two post more. It just doesn't make sense to me, thats all.

And if I did'nt have to work 16 out of the last 17 days, I would go to more meetings ;)

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    That wasn't a jab at your attendance of Fanforce meetings. I seriously meant if you can make a meeting then that would be a better place to discuss this.

Also, I'm not making my decision off of who has a higher post count. I also know Rani more, and I feel comfortable with her.

Seriously though. If there are any objections to who is attending (within reason) then please speak up.

4. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    No offence to anybody, but I am in agreement with Berx.

5. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, Bad news guys.

I asked for that weekend off, and he said (pretty much) that there is now way in hell I can get it off :(

So I asked him for the week before off Aug.24 - Sept.1, and he gave me that (I really need a vaction or im going to kill someone). He would'nt give me the 3,4,5 because we have 5 weddings that weekend. So Im going on a vaction on my own I guess to B.C. Sorry guys, I really wanted to come. The only other option is that I quit, but then everyone there will hate me and I will be unemployed again.

So again, I will not be able to make it, but I hope you have a great time and drink a few for me :(

6. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    No way you can get even the sunday/monday off? :(

7. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Aww :( I was really looking forward to meeting you, fing. I hope you manage to get even a little time off, but if not, any chance you'd like to hook up when you vacation in BC later? How far Southwest are you travelling? :D

8. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    He is probably going to Trail... i'll set my watch and warrant on it... ;)

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Nooooooooo!!! :_|

I mean... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :mad:

Where's your boss live? I'll make him give you the time off [face_devil]

10. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Ya, I know it sucks :(

And yes I will be going to Trail to see some friends.

11. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    So are we going to try and get some sort of Car Pooling thing going for this? No sense all of us driving up seperately.

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    We're gonna talk about this at the next meeting.

The short of it is: Who's going to drive? I know Liann isn't, Steve should be and I'll have to. Anyone else?

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    SO, can we get a head count? How many people are actually coming?

*Derisa*

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    With the people who have dropped out now I put the headcount at about 7 on our end.

15. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm hoping to get my blasted vacation time in order.............grrrr.

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Great news: Barring any mechanical mishaps *knock on wood* I'm getting my Mom's van for the weekend. I can take up to 5 or 6 people (with all the gear, etc.).

Man, that's a big weight off my back. :D

17. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    there have been several cougar attacks in jasper this summer and another one just on the weekend near jasper park lodge, we need to be really careful if we go out on the trails.

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, I heard about those. We'll just need to make sure we stay together and make lots of noise.

19. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I just saw that over the past weekend due to park employees being on strike that pocahontas campground was closed, maybe we should pick a back up campsite in case they arent' open this weekend, I'm sure they'll have another big walkout this weekend since its the long weekend and will be an effective time to strike.

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Oh... poop.

I guess the back-up will be whistlers which is just on the other side of the Jasper townsite. Stay on hwy 16 to get there. The back-up for the back-up will be Snaring river which is also on 16 but EAST of Jasper on hwy 16 (on Edmonton's side).

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Rani's looking up some sites on the other side of the park. Incase we can't find anything open at all then that's where we'll go.

Oh man this sucks. I'm stressin' again :(

22. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    it also said the kiosks and the wabasso campground were also closed but the hotsprings were open.

don't stress out, it'll be fine, just need to make sure that when checking in thursday that they'll be open all weekend and not shutting down on friday.

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    there's really no way to find out if it's a self registering campground. There wouldn't be anyone around to ask.

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    true, that sucks, we don't want to have to leave our campground and try to get in else where. maybe the strikes will deter people going and it won't be busy.

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I dunno. It's the last long weekend but I don't think it'll be prime camping weather either. It's hard to say how busy it'll be. Are first back-up is going to be whistlers. If pocahontas is closed we'll be camping in whistler. IF that's closed too then it'll be snaring river. Both are on hwy 16. Easy to find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.