main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary "ForceFest 2005" - A gathering of the Fans

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    So, I was wandering around in the Western Canada Forum, and I came across this thread:

FanForce Forums » Western Canada Region » ForceFest 2005 Brainstorming

It seems that the Edmontooiners went camping last year, but a bunch of other Fanforce people "crashed" the weekend, and "ForceFest" was born.

They're planning another group campout for August Long Weekend, and it's basically completely open to FanForce people. It looks like they're planning to have it somewhere in the Kootenays this year.

I thought I'd just post to bring it to everyone's attention. It sounds like an absolute blast. If people from Calgary are interested, we could organize carpooling/sharing of tents & coolers, etc. to share on gas costs and whatnot.

If there are any questions about it, I don't know anything that isn't posted in that thread, so I would suggest asking your questions on that thread.

If WE want to send some people, use THIS thread for planning local carpooling, etc...

That is all. ;)

2. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    I can rent a car for free on weekends with my work, so I'm down if people wanna help with the gas.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Cool guys. It'd be sweet if some of our fellow Albertans can make it. :)

If you have any Q's about this thing, visit the thread Veritate linked to, or PM me. :)

Carpooling is probably the best way to get up there. It saves a lot on gas and keeps the whole thing really cheap.

4. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    it would be really great if you guys could make it, we had a blast on the last camping trip, we have pics on our website of it :)

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    looks like were most likely going camping in Revelstoke, or depending on response from out west we have radium as a back up. if anyones interested i can fill you in on the details at the bbq friday :)

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    looks like we're going to Radium for the august long weekend, if anyone's interested in coming we'd like to hear from everyone by friday cause thats when we're looking to book the sites so we need a head count :)

7. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I know everyone down there is busy with Westercon this weekend but I'm bumping this up as a reminder. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.