main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ForceFest 2005: Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Archive: Western Canada Regional Forum' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Yay, a date!!! :)

We're actually making progress here. :)

*Derisa*

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    In the next few months I'll try and get a budget so ppl know how much this whole thing is gonna cost.

Gas is gonna be the only real expense. I think last year only cost about 700 (that is, for the entire trip, not per person).

We should also decide on a location ASAP, because I wouldn't be surprised at all if group sites go early.

3. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i was just talking to someone who vacations in the okanagan every year and she says the campsites get booked up really quickly, people even book a year in advance, so we might want to look into booking some sites pretty soon,

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I found this site, but unfortunately I don't know much about B.C. so I don't know what's in the Okanagan area. If I could have someone who knows the area go through that list and let me know which ones are good then that'd be great. :)

It's important that we get something agreed upon soon.

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, it is about time to get our arses in gear. We can afford to be a little slow to get moving since the movie comes out in three weeks, but we're hoping to have this in about 3 months so it's time to get cracking. :)

What we need:

We need more confirmations for starters. When we have confirmations we can begin planning for supplies like coolers and BBQ's and tents, etc.

We need a location. We have a general idea of where we want to go but that's not enough. We may need to get the sites booked ASAP depending on where we want to go...

I think it would be a good idea to form a planning council. I know it's my idea and generally you guys look to me for guidance, but I cannot possibly plan an event of this size on my own. Not only that, but I don't want to be accused of making arbitrary decisions and being a dictator about it. Having more people to help me along will make the whole thing easier and give more people a voice. It'd be good to have at least one person from every fanforce/area on this council as well as people who are bringing major supplies and some who know the area and/or have experience on this sort of thing.

Having said that there are a few people who I'd like on this 'council'. Rani and Derisa are the first two for obvious reasons (to those who were at the last one). If they're up to it they'd be in charge of the food and serve as representatives of Victory Base. They also have lots of experience with these types of events.

6. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    ok if you need me for something let me know and can work on what ever you want so my hand is in the air so what do you need me to do ?

banana :)

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well right now we need more confirmations from people. I guess we can start pestering people on the Edmonton board to try and get them to come on here and say "I'm coming". That'll get the ball rolling.

8. banana

Apr 29, 2003
    i am coming

9. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    So, I kinda' know the answer to this, but...

"Can people from the fledgeling Calgary Fan Force come too?"

Hehehe... I just wandered in here on a whim today and discovered the thread. No one in the Calgary group has mentioned this before, so it's entirely likely all the Calgary folks are clueless about this.

I'll be sure to post on the Calgary boards about this. I can't speak for everyone, so I can't say for sure that there will be a contingent from Tosche Station there, but they'd likely be very interested to know about ForceFest!

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    That would be totally awesome veritate! Calgary is more than welcome. I was thinking of posting a thread on this on your boards, but I just kept forgetting :S

Anyway, I hope some people from Tosche Station can make it. We need a heavy Alberta contingent if we're gonna be in BC ;)

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    that would be great, we could caravan down :) i'm going to look for some more campsites when i'm bored at work tonight :p

12. banana

Apr 29, 2003
    good idea sis thanks

13. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    What about Golden Ears? I haven't been there in years but I remember liking it.
    Edit:
    "There are two group campgrounds available for reserving, by any group of 15 to 30 or more people. There is a covered shelter available at the Golden Ears group site only. The Alouette group site is located near the lake. Group Camping Fee: $22.00 per party / night"

So we would need to have at least 15 people for the group site.

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    that sounds good, where abouts is it?

15. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    It's further west than I origionally thought, here's the link. (hopefully)
    Golden Ears
    Edit: Or not, try http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/golden.htm#location

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Wow. Can you get me any contact info? I'll see if I can still book the site or if they even take bookings...

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I have a request for anyone interested in attending this:

Please post a thread in your city/regional forum so that people who don't visit the WCF have a chance to hear about this. Hopefully this will garner more interest.

If you would like you can keep the post basic and link to this thread (the link above, "Markup Codes" tells you how to do this). People are also welcome to private message me with any questions.

Thanks. :)

18. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Has anybody looked into Shuswap Lake at Scotch Creek. I camped there when I was a kid and it was really nice. Plus the waters warm for swimming They have a group campsite available. Plus it is alot closer than Golden Ears. Its about 6 hour drive from Calgary to Scotch Creek. Golden Ears is about 11-12 hours from Calgary. I would hate to have to drive from Edmonton to get there. Thats just my 2 cents. I'm in the process seeing if I can get my holidays then, so I'll be able to come along.

Ryan

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Hmm. Scotch creek. I'll look it up and think about it. Thanks Prelude. :)

20. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I'd prefer Shuswap Lake to Alouette or Golden Ears: I grew up in that area and that lake is *cold*. :) and rocky: how is the shoreline of the Shuswap?

*Briana*

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    warm swimming would be nice :)

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yes, it would. We were cold enough last time :p

23. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Shore line at scotch creek provincial campground is all sand. They used to truck in sand for that beach. Most of the shuswap is small flat rock beaches but the provincial parks aren't to bad.

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I'd prefer Shuswap Lake for the closeness, the shorter the drive the better.

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Where abouts is it? I was trying to find it on the map but had no luck. What town is it closest to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.