main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton ForceFest 2006 Information page...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Can somebody give me a summary of what exactly has been decided planned for this year's ForceFest so far so I can create an information page on the website?

Thanks.

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Right.

Date:

June 2 - 5th. It's not a long weekend, that's one of the reasons we chose it. Not as busy ;)

Jasper. Likely a place called Marmot. They have group camping.

Price:

The price will likely be worked out at a later date, but preliminarily, it looks it'll cost $4/person with a little extra for the fire permit, not counting the park gate. (and of course fuel, food, etc.)

[/b]Misc.:[/b]

We talked briefly about starting up a group co-op for a few items/supplies we may need, like an axe (for example) or an extra camp stove, etc.

Kitchen:

We're looking to do the group kitchen again, as it's the most logical course, instead of everyone trying to cook their own food at the same time. There's no details on this like who's in charge, what food we're going to buy and such, but that should all be worked out by early spring.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything.

3. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I am assuming that is $4.00 per day???

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    ...Yes? Terry can answer that. She looked it up last.

5. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    It's $5/day/person, plus a group fee of $7/night fire permit. (sorry the $4/person one was for the no showers one)
    They still haven't got back to me regarding reservations yet, I suspect the whole camping staff this time of year is two people. :p

6. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    O.k. Just to let everyone know this is still being sorted. I haven't been nagging as much as I could have been but now I'm getting snippy. You know the stupid thing is, I was all polite and nice and got no where, I snark and I got a name and an internal phone number. Of course she wasn't at her desk. Even the national parks hire idiots for costomer relations now.:rolleyes:

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    So when's this webpage going up anyway ;) :p

8. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    O.k. I finally got a hold of Wanda. (yes, the name suits)
    We need a confirmed 10 people. If they find we have less than 10 people they will ask us to move to the regular sites.
    There is still lots of room, but she suggests we get it booked soon. (I was good and didn't remind her that she doesn't answer her phone or check her voice mail or we would be booked already)
    I would have booked it already, but I want a roll call to confirm we have enough people. Do not say you're comming if you aren't absolutely sure.
    The deposite is $20 and the balance is due on arrival, so no biggie on that but I think this should be a fees due before we leave Edmonton thing just to make life easier on that end.

9. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    Count me in.

10. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i'm in :)

11. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    me to

banana :cool:

12. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I am in! :)

13. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    This is red 5 I'm going in

14. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Gitty up!

15. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    That's nine, Chris is coming too. We need one more!!!

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  17. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    duh =Heads Up Display backwards.

;)

18. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    WOO HOO! Well Wanda finally got back to me. (she sounded freakishly frazzled so I'm gonna cut her some slack, maybe she does actually work for a living. :p)
    We are officially booked in Marmot group camping from Friday June second through Monday the fifth.

Fees should work out to $17/person.
    We will be doing food the same way as usual, which should work out to about $20/person thread on that to follow.

Confirmed attendees:
    Liann
    Jason
    Shanna
    John
    Berx
    Terry
    Katrina
    Christine
    Kyla
    Jarrett
    Connor
    Errol

Since I was so late in getting us booked, should we extend the deadline to confirm attendance to the 19th?

19. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    that sounds fine

20. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Does our site have a plug in?

Oh, and what about rides down there. I would need one, or else I could rent a car maybe if someone else wanted to go in on it with me. I don't know for sure about the renting because I haven't really checked into it yet.

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    slightly concerned over the # of people going to car ratio plus amount of gear space needed.

i'm driving and take 3 people if people don't mind squishing in. and i think we have 7 people who need rides, Shanna, Terry, Kit, BErx, Kyla, Jarrett, and Christine. John and Jason are you guys driving?

22. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I believe I got a ride booked with Connor, I will have to double check though.

23. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    yeah I suppose I can drive as well I'm going looking for some stuff and then I can let ya know how many I can take

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i'm not sure but i don't think connor is going down as early as the rest of us.

25. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    If there are more people and gear than there are rides, then I could maybe rent a truck or the like, and take all the gear in the back, and one or more people, depending on the vehicle, could ride with me. I will check into rentals today. If anyone knows of good rental places or incentives or whatever, please let me know.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.