main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton ForceFest 2006 Information page...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I would put my likelyhood of coming at about 50/50 at this point; I may be starting a new job that week, so not sure if want to request 2 days off at this point, as well as a concern with the kids which I thought was resolved long ago.

2. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I've been checking out rates on the internet so far, and it looks like a big vehicle, like a truck or SUV will run around $250 in total, plus gas. !!!!! A big car would be about $100 plus gas. Maybe I will scratch the truck idea.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Well if I can't get a ride then don't worry about it... I'm not all that keen on going anyway, so no sense my taking a spot from someone who really wants to go.

I might have a vehicle by then, and if I do then I can drive myself... it just depends on how long the loan takes to go through (which I haven't even put in yet, because I don't have an "official" job until next week).

4. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i'm sure there is room for everyone, its just a matter of getting all the gear in as well, i'm sure everything will fit it always does :)

5. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    good luck on the job john. We;ll we cna bring this up at the meeting as well, We need what like 10 people right?, so we havre how many cars and depending on space this could be an issue, we may need to do another count on who is cxoming so we can plan a back up stratagy

6. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Faye's decided to come so that takes care of rides for Kit, Chris and me. That should also cover us on the head count.

7. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    100% that I am not going to be attending, as my first day at the new job is June 5.

Have fun guys.

8. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    thats too bad

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    We're meeting at Terry's at 11am friday to pack up the cars and head out :)

10. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    I don't know what the space at the camp is gonna be like, but does anyone wanna bring a frisbee or baseball or something like that? Just a thought.

11. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I was thinking of that a while ago. If we have enough room it could be alot of fun.

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Good news and bad news...

I was able to get the time off from work to come, but now I've come down with a pretty bad cold... My sister has it and she's been down for about 2 weeks. I just started getting symptoms on Friday, so if mine's anything like hers I might not be a happy camper this weekend. I don't wanna camp when I'm sick because that just sucks ass, but I might be well enough to go by then.

If you guys absolutely need an answer for the weekend for numbers/whatever then it's a definite no, but if not then I'll see how I feel Wednesday/Thursday.

I'm going to take some time off the internet in general to try and rest up, so I won't be on over the next few days... if you need to get ahold of me then call me at home, but not too late/early as I'll be resting (or at work).

Peace

13. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Can you decide before Wednesday please. We're doing the food shopping on Wednesday morning. I don't know if I can still change the booking at this point, nevermind later in the week. She is freakishly hard to get a hold of, I still haven't heard back from her regarding taking John off the booking; but I imagine Thursday would be too late for sure.

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Like I said, if you guys need confirmation then it's a 'no'. Better to say I can't come at all, then to say I can then back out (and I'm only backing out now because I'm really sick and can barely talk at this point).

15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Gate fee for Adults is $9 per day. so $36 for the weekend. Everyone might want to make sure they have cash for this when we get to the gates :)

16. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Liann you said that you were going to take the canopy down with you guys right?

17. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    if thats ok with your dad? would you guys be able to drop it off to Terry's, i'm working late so can't come by and pick it up.

18. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    yep its all good, when would be a good time to drop it off?

19. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Whenever, just let me know before hand so I don't run any errands while you're on your way. :)

I'm gonna ask everyone to get me the cash for the site Friday morning before we leave, that way it's sorted and ready when we get there. I know, now that I said that I suppose you all want a total. :p Wanda hasn't got back to me but it should be $17.90/person. I will confirm that when I can.

20. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    So $54 total for camping, right? $17.90 for the actual weekend and $36 to get in the gate. Jeez, roughing it is kinda expensive. I'm cool though. :) Oh, and houw much for groceries? $15 or $20?

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    we won't know the price of the food till we've done the shopping :)

22. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Okey dokey. :)

23. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    hopefully we're going to try to fit everything into two cars, i hope :) i'll have food costs up shortly.

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Have fun people...

Peace!

25. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    So I guess that means you aren't going?:( That sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.