main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary ForceFest 2006

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I know we posted asking if anyone from Calgary was interested in coming last year, but it was relatively short notice, and your fanforce was still relatively young as well. This time we're hopefully giving everyone enough notice.

So you might ask, what is forcefest? Boiled-down, it's a bunch of fellow Star Wars geeks getting together at a campground for a weekend of fun and friendship. We sleep in tents, cook over the fire, and find things in the area to do locally. Last year we visited the Hot Springs in Jasper. The year before we did the tramway up to Whistlers. Anything that sounds like fun. :)

So where is it? It's going to be in Jasper again this year.

So when will it be? Past experience has taught us that going on any of the long weekends during the summer is a bad idea. Labour Day is cold, the August long weekend is extremely busy as there's an event in Jasper, and Canada Day/Victoria Day long weekends are always busy, both on the highways and in the camps. This year the definite confirmed dates are:

June 2nd - 5th (Friday - Monday)

That's not a long weekend, but we're all booking time off so that we can enjoy the relatively quiet park.

So if you're interested in joining us, or want to learn more, please pm me or email us. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.

email: forcefest@edmontooine.com

Hopefully Edmonton won't be the only ones out there this year. ;)

2. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    This sounds like fun. I think Radium would be more doable for me.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Apparently I misunderstood something from the meeting last night. This years ForceFest is going to be in Jasper. Sorry guys. My bad :(

You're all still more than welcome to come. It's a bit of a drive, but I can guarantee you it'll be a blast. :)

4. Cobers

Cobers Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Jasper? Ouch. Isn't it cold there?

Who is all going? Calgary Fan force and?

Sounds fun, i'll have to bring a guitar and learn some star wars songs. Too bad there are no sing along star wars songs... unless you want to sing to the dual of fates...

5. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    To be clear, "ForceFest" is an Edmonton Fanforce event that they graciously invite Calgary to.

I don't foresee Veritate and I being able to make this one however. Though it always sounds like fun!

6. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Last time we went it wasn't cold, were going in the summer so it should be warm :) first time we went was pretty cold though but that was labour day weekend

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, most summers it's usually a nice +20 or higher over there. :)

Hope some of you guys can make it. It's a drive, but it'll be a blast, and it'll give you an excuse to drive the parkway, which I've heard is quite nice. :)

I like to consider forcefest an 'inter-fanforce event', not just an edmonton event. As long as your a Star Wars fan, and don't mind being outdoors then you're invited. ;)

8. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I am a member of the Calgary FanForce, but live in Banff. I think I may try to make it to this.

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Awesome!

Keep checking the Edmontooine board for more info, though the planning probably won't be kicking into high gear until the spring. :)

Don't forget to email or PM me if you have any q's.

10. Cobers

Cobers Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Hopefully my car will be fixed by then, or else I have no way of getting down there with Kasious.

What's the link to the Edmonton board?

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
  12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Oh yeah, I should have thought to provide a link. :oops:

Good luck with the car. I've had to make that journey with a crap car, and it's not fun. It actually broke down on me on the way home. Fortunately I was only about a half hour from home. :)

Come to think of it, both years my vehicle has broken down on the way home. [face_plain] [face_worried] ;)

Anyway, I was just thinking. If you want to keep up-to-date, and don't want to worry about checking the boards constantly, you can e-mail me with the address you'd like me to reply to, and I can create a monthly newsletter (at least until early spring, then I'll kick it up to weekly, once planning heats up). :)

13. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    remind me not to get a ride with you :p

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    This year I'll break the curse! :p

Oh, email me at forcefest@edmontooine.com for the newsletter. :)

15. Talmerith

Talmerith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2005
    I don't know if I will actually be able to make it but I am sure going to try! Camping and Starwars combined? It doesn't get much better then that.

Hmm maybe Calgary people should do a more local camping trip, that could be interesting...

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well hopefully some of you guys can make it up there. :)

17. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    yeah it'll be great to see you :)

18. ravencrow666

ravencrow666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    this sounds like fun i would like to be in

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    that'd be cool. email me at forcefest@edmontooine.com and I'll add you to my monthly newsletter list... :)

20. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Just an update if anyone is interested in coming camping with us. We're booked into Marmot Group Camping in Jasper for June 2-5. If anyone is interested in joining us if you could let us know as soon as possible that would be great or at the latest by May 19 then we can add onto the numbers we have booked into the group camping site. You can either let us know in this thread or here We planning on doing group meals, so a menu is planned in advance and grocerys are bought to cover everyone's meals, this usually works out to about $20 a person to cover the whole weekend. If your coming if you could let us know your food likes, dislikes and allergies in this thread that would be great :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.