main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Forces of Destiny: New Animated Shorts Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I wouldn't put too much stock in whatever that man says. He's a known consummate liar. ;)

3. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    How did I not notice it the first time, dammit, IT IS SKORR or his brother or something! [face_hypnotized] He's just standing there like waiting his turn to attempt to capture the Rebels! And if it is not supposed to be Ord Mantell, who cares, I'll just pretend that all planets visited by Skorr are renamed Ord Mantell in his honor! :p

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  4. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    The description for the short on YouTube confirms that it took place on Ord Mantell.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  5. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    This is consistent with the Legends "Instinctive Astrogation" power from WEG that let a Jedi "feel" the right path through hyperspace, albeit on a much smaller scale.

The connection between them is probably obvious to those who've seen them most closely. But there's a big gap between "these two have a lot of chemistry" and "Anakin flouted one of the Jedi's most important laws by marrying Padmé in a secret ceremony." Padmé's pregnancy wasn't known to anyone until the events of Revenge of the Sith were well underway, so there was no reason until then for other Jedi to think of it as anything more than strong chemistry.

Daneira and Iron_lord like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really like the Rey episodes in general, I find her scavenging days on Jakku to be strangely compelling, and she's generally doing good things for creeps who would gladly sell her for portions. I think Brian Dean Foster in the Force Awakens novelization nailed it saying Rey's days on Jakku can be mostly tedium broken by the novelty of sheer, live or death panic.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  7. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Huh, reading your post suddenly made me realize that I find Rey's life on Jakku strangely similar to that of WALL-E's on Earth. Both live on abondoned/sparsely populated garbage planets; they both have business with said garbage; both are lonely; both unexpectedly make friends, go out into space, and have adventures.:) I wonder if this has been mentioned before.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Before the Awakening mentions that Rey has a stash of old holos, or at least flight sims, which is an even deeper WALL-E connection!

TheRedBlade, Nom von Anor and spicer like this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, she does. She even has a functioning flight simulator, which is a canon explanation for how she is able to fly Falcon.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  11. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Kneesaa! A Gorax! [face_love]

12. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I'm waiting for the Gorax/Lorax crossover episode.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  13. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm glad that Padme is at last getting a solo episode...let's just hope there isn't an obligatory Ahsoka appearance at the end

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  14. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Honestly Anakin's fear of getting expelled in canon doesn't make a lot of sense in light of the canon book 'Dark Disciple'. Quinlan Vos did MUCH worse things and still got to be a Jedi Master...

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The Mandoloian jedi, was truly a legend among his people, kind of like Arhtur legend.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    yeah, he's proving to be really interesting. They seem to be setting up a canon version of the KOTOR Mandalorian War with his story.

[​IMG]

Tarre Vizsla. After his death, his clan infiltrated the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and stole his Darksaber. Clan Vizsla managed to unite the Mandalorian Houses afterward. I Wonder what they did next with that kind of unity? Expansion? A War with the Old Republic? :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    BobaMatt and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm beginning to think like Anakin he left the jedi and Started the war. Between mandolorians and the jedi. wound't that be incredible a lone warrior against 1000's. i'm sure they setting him up for a future protagonist in a old repulic animation series. clone wars type show. in 5-8 we will have thatt, i'm sure

BobaMatt likes this.
  18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Tomorrow is an excellent day for new episodes

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Barriss_Coffee and MercenaryAce like this.
  20. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Bit of asset reusing for the Padme episode, that or Plukk's things are really really old!

AV-6R7 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  22. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Well, you wouldn't be the first to note that Anakin has much fear in him.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    It's interesting that Anakin himself, with the arrogance that often surfaces, never thought to use his role as 'Chosen One' as a bargaining chip.

He could literally tell Yoda he's married, get kicked out, and watch the Jedi burn from the greatest Sith threat they've faced in a millennium. When even Mace Windu starts crawling back for the "Chosen One" to come and help them, Anakin can just laugh in his face.

AV-6R7 likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So he was not just a legend, but a god among his people.:D kidding aside. He was Mand'alor, he might have been Mand'alor the ultimate. A jedi leading mandalore, pretty funny if you think about it.[face_laugh] I want a show about him. I have this filling this is Dave trolling and teasing us with a show about Tarre.

25. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm *in love* with that Naboo shuttle.

Also, Ahsoka isn't going to be in Episode IX but she'd make a great teacher for Rey.

I'm very supportive of Hera's crew post Endor including a pair of Ewoks.