main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ford, Hamill, Fisher NOT involved from 8 onward report

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Palpatine's P.A., Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

I'm surprised that this site didn't launch a rumor about Psy appearing in SW7...and doing the Gangnam Style in the background of some Cantina or something.

jaqen and VMeran like this.
  2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    What about the rumour the Harrison Ford had signed on for all 3 ? anyway Lucas once stated the Luke would be in EP 9 ( IX ) as a cameo handing down a lightsaber to the next new hope......

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I think that the danger so to speak of even keeping a powerful Luke around as anything other than a force ghost is that the new heroes will never truly be able to run on their own. If things get to deep, they can always count on Luke helping to bail them out. The knowledge that he is out there should they need him will sort of take the bite out of any danger that they get into.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I expect Leia will die first, which will drive her husband vengeful, then Han will get even and take out someone important, but will die doing it. And then Luke will sacrifice himself by killing the Sith Master this time, leaving the apprentice to find his own student. This will all happen in Ep. VI, too. ;)
    I.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They will get taken prisoner and Liam Neeson will send a threatening holovid to the abductors, informing them of his particular set of Jedi skills that make him a nightmare for people like them. Then, he will kill everyone who gets in his way to rescue them while completely disregarding the continued plight of all of the other slaves. Again. Again.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "I didn't actually come here to free slaves."

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Ford is willing to do films like Expandables. All that is necessary to get him on board is some money. And he is here now, right? So the whole "Ford hates Star Wars" angle isn't a strong argument.

They bust their asses off to be in 7, especially Mark. Look how hard he worked to be Luke Skywalker again. That guy wants to be in Star Wars. 8 and 9 can only profit from the energy he will put in.
    This idea that the actors want to call it quits after 7 is frankly ridiculous and without any proof.

In any case you ignored any business angles here. In RotJ, Han survived because "dead Han Solo toys don't sell". The Big Three are a huge draw and when they are in it should be expected to bring in some extra percentage points in Box Office money. Abrams might kill one for the huge dramatic effect and impact but the rest is going to stick around.

But okay, you can chose not to believe me. Doesn't matter to me either way. I'll just keep the right to tell you "I told you so" afterwards.

Those don't make any money and will be done regardless of whether or not they disappear from screen!

VMeran likes this.
  8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I can't see why they wouldn't want to be in all of the ST. Age is no issue, look how old Christopher Lee was when he played Dooku.

I think that unless their characters are killed off that they should appear in some capacity, even if it is just as supporting roles.

9. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I was thinking this as well, but ever since the announcement that filming has resumed for VII (since they went on that little break), Billy Dee has gone eerily silent on all of his social media. (It's been nearly three weeks.) I think Abrams finally sneaked him up to England to film something for VII.

10. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    Honestly? I worry more for Carrie than for Harrison or Mark in terms of being killed off. This is a Disney film with a female protagonist who, if rumors are accurate, could be classified as a princess... Leia is Doomed. :D

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    If the rumors of a young Han Solo spinoff are correct, they won't be discarding the old characters. Plenty of room for fill-in-the-blank spinoffs. And though this view is an unpopular one (at least as it pertains to the OT), I think a complete saga reboot is likely at some point.

12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    That statement feels like a knife through my heart, don't talk like that [face_shhh]

HanSolo29 and VMeran like this.
  13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah... no reboots, ever!

Anyway, let's not get off-topic on that tangent.

Dak Oolron and AndyLGR like this.
  14. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    if that report is true, i fins this ridiculous and disrespectful to the characters

Dak Oolron and Jobertus like this.
  15. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Carrie's only 57. Why should she not be in VIII and IX in a supporting or at least cameo role?

16. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    No kidding.

People act as though the big 3 are on their death bed.

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Recasting the characters is a huge risk.

I too think that an OT-reboot will happen eventually, because popular movies are always rebooted, but only after the spinoffs and saga episodes take a dip in sales.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Tons of popular movies have never been rebooted.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
  20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Proof, yet again, that diehard fans will believe any old pile of crap that comes flushing down the pipe.

If and when Luke, Leia, and Han check out I can guarantee you the news won't be broken by some site whose claim to fame is:

KpopStarz, your online source for the best in all things Korean pop!

21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    There are too many places that they could go in the Star Wars mythos. There will never be a need for a traditional reboot. If needed, they can simply change eras.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  22. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm definitely not expecting the big 3 to be "significant players" in all the future episodes and I have always braced myself for the likely possibility that all three could be dead by the close of 9.

But Carrie Fisher is 57 years old and Mark Hamill is 62. They could have decades left in them if that's the way Disney chose to go.

Ian McKellen started the X-men and LOTR franchises over 60 and almost 15 years later he's still associated with those franchises. Similar tales can be spun regarding Christopher Lee, Dame Judi Dench, Michael Gambon, Patrick Stewart, Donald Pleasence, and almost the entire original Star Trek crew during their lengthy film series run.

It find it a bit odd that so many Star Wars fans are ready to basically kick out the original actors for aging yet so many actors who are their age, or DECADES older, are embraced elsewhere.

23. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    It's reasonable to think that the Big 3's parts will diminish over the course of the three films, similar to the way Jar Jar's role became smaller as the PT progressed.

24. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Since I started this thing I think I'll chip in. I'd be very disappointed if at least 2 of the original 3 were not involved beyond 7. I think it's a little depressing to assume that people won't be interested in characters because they are a little older. The most exciting thing for most people is to see Han, Luke and Leia again on screen because most of us thought it would never happen and it would be a shame if they were all just pushed aside in favour of youth.
    Fortunately I think it is unlikely that none of them will have a role beyond Episode 7. I still think Luke will die in Episode 9. Han is the most likely to only be on board for one film, just based on Harrison Ford's unenthusiastic attitude towards the character. But hey, if he's prepared to take one huge payday, why not 2 or 3?

VMeran and Darth_Pevra like this.
  25. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Surely you're not comparing Jar Jar's importance to the PT to the Big 3's importance to the OT are you?

I don't see where age is a factor. If anything, the ST is the story of the Big 3 handing the torch to the next generation of heroes. That means their importance to the story being told will diminish over the course of the ST. Do I want to see the Big 3 killed off or relegated to secondary status? No, I think there are plenty of stories left for these characters to tell but in the context of the ST the focus should be on Ridley, Boyega and the other young ones that are being introduced to the SW universe.

VMeran, Dak Oolron, TheBBP and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.