main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga FOREVER AND FORWARD--ISH DOES A/A MUSH!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    It was sometime between the midnight stroke and the rays of dawn, when silence took the stage and dreams were realized in their place, but they were still unable to let go.

The phrase 'goodnight kiss' was entirely relative, since it usually took several tries to accomplish the actual separation, each wishing to hold on just a moment longer, then deciding a moment was too brief.

Instead of being rational and joining the lucky unconscious, they were sitting in the hallway outside Padme's apartment, holding on to a few more eternities.

They should have been asleep long before--the battle of Geonosis had taken more out of them than they could afford--but that was something, once again, that rational people did.

And love did not make people rational.

There was no reason for the location--she was perfectly capable of entering her quarters safely--but it was a favorite place. A half-memory of a cold night when they'd had to take refuge in this hallway when she got locked out and they had to find something to do before Security arrived.

So, they remained there in the force of that memory and the ones they were making now.

She was resting comfortably, seated on the floor with her back to his right leg and her head in the crook of his arm. One hand was holding his mechanical one, the other dangled at her side. His good arm was draped across her abdomen, but they took no notice of any of these things, since they were rather hopelessly lost in each other's eyes.

"I don't want to say goodnight," Padme groused wearily for something like the nineteenth time that hour.

Anakin managed a weak smile, hand rubbing against her ribs. "I know," he sighed, "but Obi-Wan will start to wonder."

She laughed, hand coming up to run through his thick hair. "He wonders too much if we're five minutes late," she countered, "to say nothing of three hours."

"True."

Nothing else on his lips, he bent to kiss her. Her hand slid to his neck, pulling him closer.

"What I like about this," she said breathlessly when they parted, "is that when I'm in your arms, I'm right within reach."

They both smiled at what was left unsaid. In more ways than one.

His eyes caught hers once more and he was about to say something, but then bent for another kiss. She didn't mind the change of priorities at all.

Finally, he pulled away, helping her into a sitting position. "We should stop this now," he reminded himself.

"Right."

She turned to look at him, then was back in his arms, hands clasped behind his neck, forehead resting against his. Sometimes, they just rested like this, but more often, they preferred to be at close range with each others' eyes.

And there was always that insatiable smile he had in that position.

But this time the smile shrank and his eyes drifted shut. "I want to," he murmured, "but I don't know if now..."

He sighed, chest heaving. "You know what I mean, don't you?"

A flush colored her cheeks. "I think so," she confirmed. Then, softer, eyes closing, "Take all the time you need."

Apparently, he didn't need much because his nose nudged hers, forcing her eyes open.

"Padme," he whispered, "will you marry me?"

Her breath left her in a soft, contented sigh. "I'd really like to," she mused.

"That's not an answer."

She shifted, mouth capturing his for a quick kiss. "If I said yes, would that be better?"

"Yes."

She didn't know how long that kiss lasted--the Galaxy could have ceased to be and she wouldn't have noticed it, but it was their first kiss as Promised Ones.

And when he broke it off, there was only one thing he could say.

"You are my angel, forever and forward."

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    *sniffles*

AAAAAWWWWW.... Ishie, that was beautiful! :)

*hugs Ish* :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

Now. Whatever madness drove you into writing mush? I mean, look at yourself! All your Sadistic Sithly ways crumbling into dust because of one sithspawned mushy vignette? Shame on you!

If I may remind you of something one of my friends once said: "Sure, have them fall in love, but, for the Force's sake, don't make it ROMANTIC!"

Does that ring any bells???

And I was once your Sith Apprentice... *shudders with shame*

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "Now. Whatever madness drove you into writing mush?"

The challenge of it all! It was happy, which is something I rarely do. It was mushy, which I never do. It was short, which is my least favorite thing to do!

"I mean, look at yourself! All your Sadistic Sithly ways crumbling into dust because of one sithspawned mushy vignette? Shame on you!"

You wanna say that to my face? ::Draws saber, then thinks better of it.::

"If I may remind you of something one of my friends once said: "Sure, have them fall in love, but, for the Force's sake, don't make it ROMANTIC!'"

Was that me?

4. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    [face_laugh]

The challenge of it all! It was happy, which is something I rarely do. It was mushy, which I never do. It was short, which is my least favorite thing to do!

Point.

You wanna say that to my face?

:eek: I would never dare! :p

Was that me?

Ummm.... yes. ;)

:p

I love ya, Ish. :D *hug*

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My apprentice... ::cracks her neck with a huge hug.::

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *faints* No one died! ;)

Very nice mush Ishie, and so terribly sweet! I loved it!

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Hey! Up!

;)

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So, when should I let everyone know what possessed me to write mush?

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks for the reviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.