main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Forever" - Vader/Padmé AU, Intertrilogy, ****Complete 9/10/05**** Up for Best Romance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Siaynoqsbride, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Hello Siaynoqsbride! I'm a new reader on this forum and I must say I'm enjoying your fanfic immensely. You are a very talented writer. So, like all of your other readers I will now be waiting for the next amazing update! [face_peace]

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    An incredibly well written story! I must admit to lurking a lot! I'm sorry! [:D] I shall try to do better. And this post made me sad... :_|

3. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| [face_worried]

not padmaé...after everything that they have both gone through....to lose her like that....ah man (although, on a side note...i kinda do this all the time....build things up to an epic climax then go the opposite way and destroying their love for one another).....so i can't blame you for something i do in my writing too......

I hope anakin can stay in the light and save luke and leia......what wise words will qui-gon say?

rachel

4. ilymeforever

ilymeforever Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    Ohh My God... this is not happening this is not happening.. she cant die.. I mean is a V/P fic after.. ohh dear.. this is not true *Im in denial, and so what*
    There must be something that he can do right.. after everything.. she cant die.. and now Qui Gon is there.. hmmmm *sighs* He better help them, cuz if he dont... he qill face me..!!!
    Do you really think he will recover and not fall into the dark side again if she dies.. really? lets be real, see what happen in the begining... shakes head* this is not good not good at all..!!!

Wonderful new part, i cant really wait to find out what the Jedi Master has to say... and thanx so much for the pm!!

MARY

5. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Thanks for the PM.

Hopefully she's not really going to die...Afterall, he's just given up the dark side, blown up his castle, etc, she can't die. He does have Luke and Leia but they are already ten years old.

I am glad to see he still struggled with the dark side, especially after she was shot--I think that was true to character.

Great update--can't wait for the next one.

6. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Ani-maniac- Thank you very much! Glad you liked it! [:D] Yeah, poor them. I put them through so much... :(

stormqueen874- Thanks! Lol, sorry if this chapter was a little depressing... [face_whistling]

Pokey- Yeah, Qui-Gon will help things. Yeah, without Padme, I think life for him has no meaning. Of course, there is always his children...

eridani- I know! I can't believe I wrote this myself to kill Padme! :p And that angry mob sounds scary... [face_worried] Thanks, and glad you liked the part with Nilar. And you'll see what Qui's up to.

Kitten- I'm sorry! I have some sort of sadistic delight that goes with torturing characters... lol, not really, sorry if I scared you a little bit there. It relaly wouldn't be nice of me to kill her off, would it? You'll see in the next chapter.

Jazz_Skywalker- Lol, I had the sudden urge to put droid humor in there, don't ask me why. Glad you liked it and thanks!

Dally- Thank you, especially about my portrayal of Vader. I agree absolutley with the reasons you put as to why he is so tragic.

ANAKINSBABY- I know! I am really evil right now. :( Oh, and... *gives ANAKINSBABY a drink* Yeah, things will really improve with Qui-Gon. You'll see! I'm really not that evil, actually. Very welcome for the PM!

AnakinPadmeSkywalker- Speechlesness is good. :D Yes, you are pretty much right about me not being that evil. But don't tell anyone. [face_shhh] Yeah, I feel for him too.

callmesweet16- Thanks, glad you liked it! Always good to get a new reader! People seem to be upset about Padme dying, I wonder why... :p

VA_Parky- I know, sad, isn't it! :( Aww, I'm sorry! *hands VA_Parky a kleenex] Yeah, of course! Happy to brighten (or darken, as it may be) your day. Yeah, he's pretty despairing right now. Yeah!! A sequel is coming!! Probably even longer then this one too...

wendynat- Thanks!

dtdang2- I know! Me either! Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me.

Eirate_rules- Aww! It's ok! [:D] *Gives Eirate_rules her own Vader to comfort her and assure her that Padme really won't die* (But don't tell anyone.)

Mr_Dagobah- [face_blush] Thank you very much, that means a lot to me! Glad you are enjoying the story!

VaderLVR64- Thank you so much, especially for leaving feedback! I lurk sometimes too on accident... [face_hug] And this post made even me sad...

Venus_Star2-com- Yeah, it's kind of fun in a not-so-nice way to throw everyone for a curveball. And as for what Qui-Gon will say, you will see...

ilymeforever- Hey, denial is a fun place to be! *Parties with ilymeforever in denial* Yeah, Qui-Gon had better do something or face your wrath, which I certainly wouldn't want to do... [face_worried] Yeah, everything has a reaction from Anakin, doesn't it? Thank you, and you are welcome for the PM.

Anakins_Force- Welcome for the PM. Yeah, it would be really cruel of me to let her die, wouldn't it? Yeah, he does have Luke and Leia, but there is always the question if he would remain on the light side if Padme dies. Thank you about remaining true to character-- that is something I try to do. Thanks again!

7. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Giving you an update now because I'm nice and don't want to keep you in suspence. (Too much.) Enjoy!
    -----
    Anakin sat, shocked beyond belief for a second, even to the point of forgetting what was happening. He had seen Qui-Gon?s funeral, had seen the flames lick the Jedi Master?s robe until his body was ablaze. And now, the same man stood before him, not in the flesh, but? different. He wanted to collapse into weeping laughter. He had finally gone insane, her death pushing him over the edge.

He looked back to his wife, seeing life ebb from her, knowing there was nothing he could do. The promise he made to his mother?s grave years ago floated up in his memory, taunting him. He was letting her die, just as she had before, only this time they had found each other, this time he had overcome his demons, had triumphed. She couldn?t die. An overpowering, pressing need fell into him. He would stop it; he had to. She was the only thing left preventing his fall into darkness, the only light in a world which seemed to blacken before his eyes. Without her, there was nothing.

The form of Qui-Gon knelt beside Anakin, looking just like he had twenty years ago. Tears ran freely down Anakin?s cheeks; tears of pure grief. There was no anger or hatred; those would come later .There was only pain and despair now.

Anakin felt the Force moving around him once again; shifting. He turned, surprised, to stare out at the Jedi Master, who was gazing at Padmé, his eyes unwavering from her still form. He sighed and turned to Anakin, the first time he had spoke.

?She is alive.?

Anakin clenched his teeth behind the mask, but said nothing. There was nothing he could say, not to an apparition, not while his wife was dying.

?There is still a way to save her,? Qui-Gon continued.

Pain ripped across still-raw nerves, parts of Anakin he knew would never be healed. He turned to Qui-Gon, keeping his hold and his focus on the fading presence of Padmé.

?How?? his voice rasped out of the mask, made weak by grief. He refused to let the fires of hope brighten him.

Qui-Gon stood, and suddenly Anakin felt another presence in his mind, not invading him, but simply there. It was gentle, calming and strong, like the slow lap of waves against shore. It beckoned to him, calling him to go. And so he went, following the presence out of his own mind, traveling far away along to another place, somewhere that seemed infinitely familiar?
    ------
    Padmé was immersed in darkness. It felt suffocating, like she could not breathe. She was detached from all senses; blind, deaf and numb in the dark. There was simply her, nothing else, not even the presence that had been with her before, helping her. She was alone, and in her loneliness, thoughts ran quickly through her mind, a constant stream.

The wound had been mortal. There was no doubt of that, and thus the numbness. Anakin, she thought with a degree of sadness. How would he possibly survive? How could he go on, after her death? A resolution developed in her heart. He must survive, must find a way to go on and find Luke and Leia, before the Emperor got to them.

Suddenly, there was an opening in the darkness. It was not a physical thing that she could see and reach out to with senses that she no longer possessed; it was more like something she felt, like the darkness removing itself, the pressure easing softly.

She saw in a haze her childhood home, where she had lived with her father and mother contently before even thinking of politics. It was astonishingly clear in her mind, and she began to regain her senses, smelling the sweetness of ripe fruit in the orchard behind her house. All thoughts of Anakin and her children were swept away as a new peace filled her heart, and she raised her head, noticing that only now did she have a head to raise.

The door to the small cottage opened, and she looked back with her inner-eye to see the darkness, and to know that it was time to leave it behind. With new-found serenity, she turned back to the home, noticing that there was a freshly-pick

8. AnakinPadmeSkywalker

AnakinPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    Gorgeous! That post was just gorgeous, gorgeous. Once again, I loved the visuals. The field of orchards was Padme's heaven, and yet she left it behind to be with the love of her life. So romantic.

But then she looked back to him, the one whom she called love, the one who she treasured above all others. And her choice was made.

I LOVED THAT. Please continue! :)

9. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Awwwwww, so sweet! :D :D :D I'm so glad you didn't kill her, and yes, I had my doubts. Some writers are just evil like that, having no scruples when killing off characters. Now if they'd only hurry up and go after their children! [face_frustrated]

Hope you update soon!

Stormqueen

10. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Anakin had felt her pull away from him, and had reached out to her with a sense of panic which was more then before, so much that his very soul cried with it, reaching out to her even through death.

Oh, that was so beautiful. Heck, this entire chapter was, especially the end! Absolutely lovely!

Did you guys think I was really going to kill Padme?

Well, I knew you would never separate them.... I really thought you would kill off Anakin too and then they would be together in paradise.

Thanks for the PM!

uppies!

jazz

11. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Did you guys think I was really going to kill Padme?

Hey, I kill off main characters in many of my stories... ;)

Wonderful job, that was very sweet, and I really enjoyed it. As always it was beautifully written as well. :) I can't wait to see where it will go next! [:D]

Ani-maniac

12. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    She chose him.:_|

This was such a powerful chapter. Thank you for sharing it so quickly with us. Could you add me to your list? I don't want to miss a word.

Great job=D=

13. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    =D= =D= yes, actually...i did think for a moment that you did kill padmaé....although an evil twist sometimes sad endings need to happen...take the count of monte cristo....that book had a sad ending......so...although i am happy [face_dancing]

I woulnd't be too mad that you went the other wya and killed padmaé....call it artistic variety or something like that....the toughest writers (like you) write on the edge--go places in which we never go to.....they go where their mind tells them to write...mainly becasue its a story....and sometimes stories have a sad ending.....and you are a fantastic writers...in fact everyone on this board takes risks by posting their own stories.,.....their visions and everyone supports them...

so go us and lurkers everyone=D=

okay.....qui-gon....lets all bow down to qui-gon...he saved the day---whoo-hoo

rachel

14. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    She's alive! YEAH!!! =D= She chose Anakin and forgave him. I couldn't be more happy. :D

15. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Personally, I never think Padme is dead until she is taken to her tomb(and even then I still am waiting for her to come back. It's probaly why I sat through the thousands of credits at the end of ROTS. I'm a little delusional that way.)

Amazing post. Very visual. I almost cried when Qui-gon kneeled next to Ani, I kept think of him doing the same thing when Ani was a child and the difference between then and know. And the part with Padme was simply perfect. Her once again choosing Ani, wonderful. I loved this post.

16. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    :D This is one of my favorite posts! Great imagery, great imagination! I'm glad you didn't kill Padme! Thank you!

17. eridani

eridani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2005
    It's nice to know she's not terminal. I have to say, Padme turning away from Paradse for Anakin- wow, that's a huge decision and she's a better person than myself if she could chose Anakin over the afterlife. Overall, it was a really well presented chapter- my only gripe is that you didn't really pull Qui-Gon's character back in at the end of the chapter. Considering he was the catalyst to instigate the events of the chapter, I think he needed to be mentioned in the last few paragraphs. It just helps with the clarity and smoothness of flow.

Looking forward to the next one,

eridani

18. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    This is a wonderful story and I can?t believe I?m just reading it now. You certainly had me on a roller coaster throughout all of the postings. Thank you for pulling Padme back or rather for have Qui-Gon and Anakin pull her back. In the end though, it was Padme who made the choice. Love, love, love all the angst! :D Please PM me too with updates.

19. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    She chose him, that is so sweet!!!:_|

Really great Post!!!:D

Thanx for the PM

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    AACK! I missed an update! If you send PMs, feel free to PM when you update. And this was a wonderful update! =D= Bravo!

21. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    She's alive!!! YESSS!!!

Those were two amazing chapters, let me tell you,. Utterly amazing. Fantastic work...I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for more...:D

22. ilymeforever

ilymeforever Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    wow that was close... I knew that Qui Gon would see it in my way... good good..!!!
    And of course I though you were going to let Padme die... I dont trust in authors anymore.. they like TO MUCH CLIFFHANGERS AND TWIST IN THE PLOT... shakes head...!!!

That was really beautiful... how hte overcome death together, just great..
    Now that they are together again, they can fight against the emperor and find their childrens thats the top priority right now... but not knowing where they are, so maybe they would need to find Obi Wan and face next demon...

Thanx so much for the PM and I really cant wait for the next update

Mary

23. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Wow.

That were some excellent chapters. It looks like the Qui-Guy is back. I wonder what kind of revelations he will bring...er...beyond what he has already brought.

It looks like Anakin was in emotional shock. I'm glad that Padme didn't die, who knows what he would have done if he had lost her again...Now that Padme is in the clear, I can't wait to see how Anakin reacts to finding out his kids are alive.

24. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Nice update! And actually, I'll kill anyone off in a fic so I wasn't sure if you'd do it or not :D. CAn't wait for the discussion about the living children...

25. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Yes, I really thought you were going to kill Padme, until I read the hidden note to Eirtae in one of your replies above. I like the direction you took your story to, but even if you had killed Padme the story would just have gone in another interesting direction. That's just the wonderful world of fanfiction. Regarding this chapter, it was very touching to see Padme give up 'heaven' to be with Anakin. How poignantly sweet. Great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.