main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Forged By Light: Vindiction

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok, sacul and I thought it would best to start a new thread under the new name of the movie. So, here it is.

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Also, we need to know who is totally commited to this project. I feel a disturbance in the Force that some may not be there when we need them.

So, Tionne if you could hit up your contacts at rebelegion I would appreciate it. We also need to put feelers out to the 501st and the SF fanforce to see if they would like to help in this project. I feel we are going to need bodies people.

And here is the second prop completed!

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/holo4.jpg] with lights off

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/holo3.jpg] when the date card is placed in the slot the red light comes on over the slot

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/holo2.jpg] when you push the red button, the red light comes one next to the button and then the blue light comes on at the top

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/holo1.jpg] this is the side shot of it

Hope everyone likes this one.

Next up, pics of the swords maybe by Wednesday

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok

Here are the credit chips. There is actually three. There will be one data chip as well...

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/credit_chips.jpg]

now, time to sleep...

Zzzzzzzzzz

4. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I am totally commited. I just am NOT looking forward to the drive to Davis. I seriously get ill thinking about it.

5. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Erm, what exactly is that second prop? It sure looks cool.

I'll help out where I can, if you need an extra hand or head or other body part. I could make a website too once production starts.

6. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Whoa....awesome!! totally awesome!! (man I have got to stop watching 80's movies so much)

Don't fret Joe Davis is easy to find and get around in.

and I agree with LDV, we need everyone to really look at the project and the dates (as they come up) and be honest about your level of involvement.

and the more help the better

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    The second prop is used in the slave trade scene. It is the holoprojector Sudo uses to check the names on the data card given to him by Cengwen.

I just went and voted and I didn't get to bed until 5AM. So, I need a couple more hours of sleep.

8. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    No prob LDV, I will make a post on the Rebel Legion now and see if I can't get any extra bodies. Relax Joe, use the Force, you can't get lost if you just use the directions. :) And LDV or I can direct you in if you really need it.

Qui Gundi will not be at the Choreography meeting, he may have to have a private training session of his own.

You know I am most definitely IN and this is taking top priority to a few things right now so let's get cracking! :D

Edit: I also sent a message to Jedi_Tenken asking for San Francisco's help.

9. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    How many times does the freeway split between here and Davis? Can I just stay in one lane the whole way? ;)

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    You can basically just stay on the 80 West without it splitting at all. Just follow whatever signs say San Francisco and you will hit Davis.

11. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    And use your cell-phone and we can guide you in as well.

I remember the worse time I got lost and I was kidnapped by rogue game show hostesses and force into playing strip price is right....wait that wasn't the worst one at all....I guess what I'm trying to say is nothing bad has ever happened to me while lost...ever.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  13. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    dude the props look great.

i'm commited i want this movie to happen i won't be there on the 11th due to cross country.

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Joe, do me a favor and give me the specs on that cord you have for the energy blade.

I need to know how long it is, how wide it is, what material its made out of. I have a black plastic box in mind for the power pack that goes on your belt, I just need to know about the cord you have.

15. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Dudes. I was getting in my car to go to school this morning and my car wouldn't start. I need to have someone look at it, but I think my ignition's shot. I will do everything I can to try to get it fixed by Saturday. I'll keep you posted.

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    "Official troublemaker of the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force"

Earning that sig are ya? heh heh kidding.

Maybe someone can give you a ride, and then you can ride shotgun and relax about getting lost.

anyone?

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey Joe, tell me about your braid for the energy blade.

oh

BTW sacul.... I am trying to put out the flames. ;) LOL But I just sent a volley back of my own. ;) LOL

18. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Give me a link. I'm at work on a realllllly slow cpu.

but I can put up a good fight at home..once I get there

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Great post sacul. ;)

Joe, if you don't get it fixed by Saturday, lemme know. Maybe I can swing by and get you. It's out of my way, but I will come and get you. You will have to ride in the 'sand crawler' though. And fork over a couple of bucks for the extra gas. ;)

20. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I know nothing about cars so I really couldn't fix it myself. I'd probably wind up making it worse. ;)

Anyway. The cord. It's about 6 feet long (I thought it was shorter) and spirals like the cord that connects the receiver to the telephone. The "female" end is a headphone jack, and the "male" end is about twice the size of a headphone input thing. It's black. I took a picture of it with a DVD case for scale, I'll upload it when I finish my homework.

EDIT: Here is teh cord.
    [image=http://www.megadoomer.com/~joesunrider/images/tehcord.JPG]

EDIT AGAIN: I swear, markup codes hate me.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay Joe

Looks good. I will start working on a power box for those connector ends. I have one in mind that will fit on your belt. I may put a switch on it with a power bar on the front.

Either way, bring it to the meeting.

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Message posted on San Fran's boards. I told them to PM me or LDV for directions if they want to come this Saturday. Any decisions on time yet?

Still fighting with my DSL. It was supposed to be hooked up yesterday...if it's not in the green when I get home a certain phone company is gonna have one upset Jedi on their hands. ;)

23. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Sorry folks, but it looks like I'm not going to make in on the 11th. I'm directing my senior project (short film) this weekend, and that kinda takes presidence. If it wasn't all interior shots in a small, cramped apartment buildiing I'd invite you guys down to the set. Let me know if you need anything, I'll be around....sorta.

24. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Dude you've got to get me on set on of these days. (it's sacul btw)

On another note I think I have some more people for the movie.

they can be worked into dying jedi for the montage or background.

I have:

My two Dj partners.

Another DJ

My sister

My neice and nephew...which if we had enough kids we could have a little jedi padawan group walk past the background.

we need to figure out just how many shooting days outdoors and where the montage scenes will be shot.

25. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Maybe in the sequel Runn can have a little Padawan class of his own, a la Yoda. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.