main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Forged By Light: Vindiction

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    So what exactly are these for? Coruscant sky shots?

Umm Joe? We decided we were going to rework your character some. So, you see these poles up there? We are going to string you up there and make you do some Jedi flying.

Kal-El? :D

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Those are are background locations for Coruscant.
    "Son of Jor-el knel before Darth Spice!"

Looking over the info for the crest I don't think it'll work for the premire..it's like 750.oo to rent the place. but the premire is a ways off so we'll worry about that later.

But I have to add those pics don't do it justice. with a little luck (meaning: not too many cars to shoot around) we can use the first spot and have that great view, but if not we've got backup plans and no matter what this will get shot.

Ldv and I talked at length about some shots and fight scene's, and I gotta say this project is coming along nicely. all we have left to do is finish props, have cast set in stone for every scene...then shoot it.

sure it sounds like alot but it's not really...well as long as it all stays on track.

Here's a list of things I think we need before we roll.

1: Everyone's Availablity from now until say...the end of november.
    *For everyday not just weekends. List school/work schedules, any activities you already have planned. and any possible things that might come up (IE: If my baseball team might be in the championship game in Nov)

2. Need to nail down the official cast list for each scene.
    *From extra's to dying Jedi. so anyone you've asked confirm they still want in.

3. At LEAST one more meeting to go over the script and fights.

4. a NEW name for Darth Spice. So put in your suggestions and will pick a winner like we did with the title
    *Otherwise everytime Joe and I speak in the film I'll want to yell "Take it up a notch BAM!!"

5. List your status.
    1. Ready to roll
    2. Almost
    3. Not really
    4. Not even close
    5. I've forgotten all about it

if you need help..ASK. were all here to help get this done.

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    1. M/T: 12-7:30pm until further notice
    W/R/F: 4pm-7:30pm " " "
    Sat: 18,25,Nov. 1 (all day), 15 & 29 (until 7:30pm)
    Sun: 26(until 7), Nov 16 (until 1pm), 23 & 30 (until 1 and after about 4:30pm)

2. Sith #3, Extra Jedi, Extra Sith as needed

3. If we don't have one before then, what about a Halloween meeting? We can discuss the film in costume! I don't know where it would be of course, but I am sure we could come up with something.

4. Darth Vindiction ( ;) )
    Let me get back to you with that one

5. Ready to ROLL!!!

4. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    1: School:
    MWF 8-9:50 am
    Tues 9:30am-1pm
    Thurs9:30am-2pm
    Work varies week to week. I don't have a set schedule.

2: Kevin is in for Republic Officer and Sith Knight #2.

3: Somewhere with good food. Chevy's had kick ass quesadillas.

4: I thought it was Darth Tarragon.

5: Almost. I need to finish me costume.

I'm not really flying, am I?

5. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Nah your not flying. We saw those bars and thought "lets play a joke on Joe"
    Face it Joe we just like messing with you.
    (it was either that joke or the Your going to hang off the side of the building on a cord...but we didn't think you'd buy it)

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Just to clarify, the times I posted are the times and days I am free. Unless I get a streak of rebelliousness and ditch classes.
    *GASP!*

I think Joe should fly. :D

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    yeah those pics don't do the view justice. But some of the video I got is pretty good, and I can see some really good night shots.

And heh heh heh they have power outlets up there. ;) Just got to make sure they work. I may zip down there this weekend and see if they work. ;)

8. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Ok I've been talking to the Atlanta Fanforce (where Deadpool/Sacul is a Ghost Member) and I invited them to film some scenes of Sith killing Jedi. I gave them a rundown of what we'd need and that I'll send them a fight breakdown and list of equipment.

I told them we are looking to have as many locations and shots to pick from to make it seems that Jedi are getting the Royal Arse Kicking Galaxy Wide.
    I made no promise the scenes would get used, but that they would end up on the Dvd somewhere and they would be in the credits if used.

They have a meeting this weekend so we'll know if they are soon.

I think one great way to put seeds of this film far and wide would be to invite other Fanforces to do the same.

Be great if we had other locations, like Sand, Snow, Rain, Greens, Browns, Industrial, etc etc.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

9. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    1.available weekdays at 5:00

2.sith#1 and extra jedi

3.i don't know if i can make the robes

you need to meet again

10. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    1. No Sundays, Mondays after 3pm, Tuesdays after 8am, no Wednesdays, Thursdays between 2pm and 4pm, no Fridays, most Saturday afternoons, unless there's a home football game. I should point out though that if I cut out a couple "free" hours one day, it means I can't do anything any other day of the week.

2. Can't do anything here since I won't be around enough. [face_plain]

3. Bridget's place, if that works for her. Joe, if you like Chevy's quesadillas, you're gonna LOVE the Super Giant Burrito from Guadalajara, conveniently just up the street from Bridget. Mmmmm...Super Giant Burrito... [face_love]

4. Darth Legion. It was a name that went around the rumor mill as a possible villain for AOTC. It's a Biblical allusion to a demon that Jesus casts out of a wild man.

"My name is Legion, for we are many."

Jesus sends them to possess a herd of pigs, who run off a cliff and kill themselves.

5. Ready to roll...in a limited capacity.

If you REALLY need someone as an extra or something, I could do that, but I wouldn't be able to provide my own costume. [face_plain]

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    yes to all questions

and as for the name....

Lord Darth Saribous

It means gate keeper of hell ;)

12. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    oooooooooo scary!!!

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Isn't it spelled Cerberus? In Greek mythology it was the three headed dog that guarded Hades.

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Saribous is the name I have of the "three headed 'female' dog that guarded hell"

shhhhhhh just don't tell sacul its a female. ;) ;)

15. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey now I'm in touch with my fem side....thats the secret to getting the chicks guys....that macho crap don't work for long.

and Drips right Super Giant Burrito from Guadalajara is DA Bomb.

Keep the names coming.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey, I like Saribous, but like sacul/deadpool said, keep them coming.

I also started a new domain name through my web site. www.forgedbylight.swanb.net

We can start filing it up with back stories if everyone likes. So, lets start writing back stories. And come on people, don't ya think we should give all the Sith Knights names so they can be recognized at the end in the credits? ;)

EDIT: BTW drippy, did you by any chance add those words to the SVRF logo you did? I think we all agreed, we wanted to use that logo at the beginning of the movie. Its very cool. And much better than my attempt with an x-wing flying by doing rolls. Joe saw the rough cut, but I think yours looks very very cool.

Also, I have gone completely crazy folks, and it's all sacul's fault! I have looked into getting some magnetized advertising signs for the doors of my sand crawler entitle "Sac Valley Rogue Force Productions." That way, when we are shooting or looking for locations, I can at least advertise us. ;) Someday we will need to get the copyrights for it. ;)

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    ok I added a couple of headers to the web site www.forgedbylight.swanb.net lemme know which one you like. And if you have a better one, lemme know and I can place it up instead.

Okay, now I am tired and crave sleep.

Night all

18. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Wouldn't be the first time I've driven people to madness.

I got in touch with Marcellus and he's down for any scene we want him for, he's got no custume but he can wear mine, so it's covered.

Also he's a sound guy, he was practically begging me to let him be around for when we edit and mix the film. he's been going to school for it.

Site looks good. and yeah we need names for the Sith Knights. heck lets name everyone even in the Jedi Montage make it fun for all.

Marcellus's name is Perma Winew (I think that's his star wars name.)

My SW name: Daymine Val.

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm looking at a Mythology site for names take a look.
    Not just for my name but names in general.

Names:
    KALI
    Hindu Mythology
    Pronounced: KAW-lee
    Means "the black one" in Sanskrit. In Hindu mythology Kali is the fierce destructive form of the wife of Shiva.

MINERVA
    Roman Mythology
    Pronounced: mi-NUR-va
    Perhaps derived from Latin mens meaning "intellect". Minerva was the Roman goddess of wisdom and war, approximately equivalent to the Greek goddess Athena

MITHRA
    Near Eastern Mythology
    Pronounced: MITH-ra
    Meaning unknown. In Persian mythology he was a god of light and friendship, the son of the supreme god Ahura Mazda. His worship eventually spread outside of Persia, where it was known as Mithraism.

MORRIGAN
    Irish Mythology
    Derived from Irish Mhór Rioghain meaning "great queen". In Irish myth she was a goddess of war and death who often took the form of a crow.

NARCISSUS
    Greek Mythology (Latinized)
    Pronounced: nar-SIS-us
    Derived from Greek narke meaning "sleep, numbness". Narkissos was a beautiful youth in Greek mythology who stared at his own reflection for so long that he eventually died and was turned into the narcissus flower.

NEMESIS
    Greek Mythology
    Means "retribution, righteous anger" in Greek. Nemesis was the Greek goddess of vengeance and justice.

OSIRIS
    Egyptian Mythology (Hellenized)
    Pronounced: o-SIE-ris
    Greek form of the Egyptian Asar which is of unknown meaning. In Egyptian mythology Osiris was the god of the dead and the judge of the underworld. He was slain by his brother Seth, but revived by his wife Isis.

PROTEUS
    Greek Mythology
    Derived from Greek protos meaning "first". In Greek mythology this was the name of a prophetic god of the sea.

SINDRI
    Norse Mythology, Icelandic
    Possibly means either "small, trivial" or else "sparkling" in Old Norse. In Norse legend this was the name of a dwarf who, with his brother Brokk, made many magical items for the gods.

SVAROG
    Slavic Mythology
    Means "sun god" in Slavic. This was the name of the Slavic god of the sky and sun. He was originally the supreme god in Slavic mythology.

TARANIS
    Celtic Mythology
    Derived from Celtic taran meaning "thunder". This was the name of the Gaulish thunder god, who was often identified with the Roman god Jupiter.

TERMINUS
    Roman Mythology
    Means "limit, boundary, end" in Latin. This was the name of the Roman god of boundaries.

THANATOS
    Greek Mythology
    Means "death" in Greek. This was the name of the Greek god of death who resided with Hades in the underworld.

Just a few to get started.

here's a few cheesy ones I like for mine.

Lord Xorn
    Lord Magnus

Of the ones above

Darth Thanatos is good.

anyway just a few to get started naming all our cast.

here's the site if you want it Names

20. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Three in a row. it's all DP today kids.

Well tomorrow your Local Merc with a Mouth is headin out to Roseville Farmers Market and Auction...to find out whats new.
    I'm hoping to get the last parts of my costume.

What's every else doing?

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I am making Sith Swords, and starting to create the one and only first lightsaber, as well as looking at locations. I found a spot at a Rec Park close to where I live that I think will be great.

Here is qui-gund as the ultimate Jedi ;)

[image=http://swanb.net/forgedbylight/images/ajjedicloak.jpg]

Pretty good

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    LDV, I like the top design for the title on the website. "Darth Saribous"...very nice!

Hmm..I like "Sith Witch Morrigan" for my character. :D

Tomorrow I am catching up on Z's and homework..joy.

Edit: spelling..grrr

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    ok I changed the banner a bit. banner But I like it. I need background stories for everyone, and Tionne, your name is on the cast list. all other Sith Knights come up with a name

24. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Looks awesome, AJ. I want one. If I pay for material and labor could I maybe get one? My skills as a (what is the male word for seamstress?) are lacking.

Oh, and if we want more of an "urban" location, Sierra College has some good "classic Star Wars" looking buildings around.

25. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey now I'm not sure about that name...still.

I like Lord Xorn alot myself...but that's just me.

I'll write a back story soon, I'll try and do Sudo and Cengwen as well.

Let me try: "he started out as a greeter at the howard johnsons on Naboo.."

Ok I need to work on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.