main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Forged By Light: Vindiction

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Well Joe, I don't have too much information to go on for the site yet, and I don't have FLASH either. If Kevin could come through with that CD, then the site would look alot better.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I find myself getting antsy waiting for the movie to start. I want it now.

I'll get to the backstories for Sudo, Cengwen, both thugs. and some Misc Jedi and Sith for the Montage.

I should have my Practice sword I ordered this week. LDV if you want to modify it and make it my sword I'm cool with it, it's black wood and looks like a Samurai sword, might be nice to have a sword unlike the other sith it adds a level of authority to XORN.

(yes you can paint it, add stuff, etc, as long as it's still functional I don't care.)

3. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    I forgot Drippy how are you involved in B.A 1&2 are you the web designer

Eh...not involved in BA. I just redesigned the website, is all.

LDV: Flash a good website makes not. :p Glitzy animations and proprietary technology are no match for intuitive site layouts.

Honestly, I love Flash, but I think it's overrated. Mostly because there's focus on the animation aspect, and not enough attention paid to user interaction.

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds good Dead. I am cutting hilts tonight. I have a couple of designs I am using.

Then why did you use it Dripy? It is flashy, and catches everyones eyes. The bigger the flash unit, the more it will draw the viewers eyes from any other part of the site. When I first clicked it, I didn't even notice the buttons on the bottom. All I saw was the flash of the montage.

I am all about content not flashy stuff. I can do enough graphics myself, but right now, with this script being secretive, there is not a whole heluva lot I can place on the web site at the moment. When we get into production and what not, I will be able to place more info and pictures on the site.

5. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Then why did you use it Dripy?

Cuz they made me. :p Sorta. It was either that or a montage, and montages on fanfilm sites are kinda clichéd.

I think it's just that I've been exposed to so many astounding Flash sites that using them merely for simple animations seems like a tremendous waste (including, I should point out, the Flash stuff I've done on BA.net).

To get a taste of what I'm talking about, check out KNI, FakePilot, 2advanced, or Born Magazine.

The other thing that bothers me about Flash is that it can be abused and it's often used in ways that ignore basic usability principles.

6. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    [Austin Powers]Nerd Alert![/powers]

heh heh

I kid guys I kid.

So is this meeting going down?
    when?
    where?
    who?

Also when I was doing the show I found this flyer I thought I'd share the info.
    It;s called Robot Media (I'm sure Bridge and Drippy know about it)
    It's a student film thingy.
    check it out.
    Robot Media Student Film Showcase

7. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Runn Eridor

Homeworld: Ennth
    Species: Human
    Height: 5'7"
    Weapon: Jedi Energy Sword
    Affiliation: Jedi Order

Runn Edidor was born on Ennth to parents who were poor farmers. He was identified as Force Sensitive at the time of his birth, and six weeks later he was taken to the Jedi Temple to be trained in the ways of the Force in order to serve the Republic.

At age four Runn began his training. He was assigned to the Mynock Clan, a group of Younglings taught by the Trandoshan Jedi Master Grraall. Although his appearance was frightening, it was overshadowed by Grraall?s limitless warmth, kindness, and compassion. With a calm and nurturing hand he helped Runn and the other members of the Mynock Clan grow strong with the Force in their young age.

At age thirteen Runn completed his training with Master Grraall and was selected by Jedi Master Valdric Yavin as a Padawan Learner. Yavin was a skilled pilot and excelled in combat techniques, and he passed these skills on to Runn. The Padawan would soon come to rival the Master in both fields. Yavin took on the fatherly role to Runn, and their closeness only amplified their effectiveness as a team.

Together they became famous throughout the Jedi Order for solving trade disputes and destroying crime syndicates. They were often paired with Twi?lek Jedi Master Cerean Epako and her human Padawan Jennka Rayner, who was the same age as Runn.

At age sixteen the two apprentices fell in love. Keeping their relationship secret, they were only able to meet in private whenever they both happened to be at the Jedi Temple. When they were discovered, their Masters reported them to the Jedi Council, and they were forbidden from seeing each other again. The resulting heartache and animosity towards his Master made it so Runn was never fully able to let go of his emotions, causing him to become reckless in his endeavors. However, he remained truly committed to the Light Side.

At the young age of nineteen, Runn was asked by his Master to attempt the Jedi Trials. He passed with flying colors, becoming one of the youngest students to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight. Eager to prove himself as a skilled Jedi, Runn presses forward in order to establish himself as one of the top Knights of the Order.

8. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    RobotMedia looks cool, but I can never make their showcases. :(

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Nice. Good Work.

fits Runn perfectly. you horndog.

Ok I had an idea for the montage.

we would shoot this on the one of the roofs LDV and I picked out.

A Jedi lurks in the darkness his/her sword is powered up and he's/she's looking for some unseen enemy.

In the darkness a Sith knight comes into view.

before the Jedi can strike something hits the back of his/her head. (move to shot of the back of his/her head) A toxic dart!

the camera zooms behind the jedi and on a far away roof Xorn stands with a rifle of some kind.

The camera spins around him just in time to see the deadly strike of the Siths blade-cut to next scene (ala Anakin's Tuskin slaughter.)

10. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I figured if we did a sequel maybe Jennka could play a part in it.

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Good work Joe, I will put your web page up after I shower and get all this saw dust off me. I got one of the hilts for the swordds cut tonight, and it fits with the blade perfect. Now all I have to do is sand and form it. It will look good when I am done. This cut was a 'trial and error' kind of cut. Now I know how to do them, the next ones will be alot easier.

I like the idea Dead, hmmmm now I have to add Toxic Dart to my list of props. Ughhhh ;) LOL

Also, Everyone involved with the project, really involved, start thinking about a beginning logo for the film. Like Lucasfilm. I would love to have something good to start the movie with. I still like my rough idea, but lets hear some more.

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Sorry LDV I'm gonna drive you insane by the end of this...you see this is why Hollywood doesn't give filming rights to many writers if others are directing...they'd send them to the funny farm.

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I like drippy's logo. Fits the mood of the film too, and should lead in to the opening montage well.

14. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I have no skill with graphics so...can't help there.

Hey Joe ask Kevin if he's found my final draft program. I think version 6 is the current one.

15. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That extra scene sounds like a good part for Morrigan. Appear out of nowhere, look menacing, and most importantly...stay alive! :D

Nice bio Joe!

I just threw the 26th out there as a possibility because it is one of my free days.

We're all gonna need a long trip to the funny farm before this is over.

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Actually I threw that scene in for you. You have such little screen time since Joe dispatches you so quick.

When LDV and I went location scouting I told him we need more on screen time for you.

So you know what that means...you need to be there when we film the Godric/Fitsu scene so we can film it.

Good thing is Xorn is filmed from so far off I wont need make-up just the costume.

But please people we need this meeting asap! we have to perfect the combat and it's been expanded from the last time.

Julie is going to come to the meeting for a little while but other than that my little Sith Monkey wont be in the way.

I'm good to go, and I think since Bridge has the nice backyard space for combat, if it's cool It would be good there..unless someone else has another idea.

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    eeeexcellent!

So where and when, that is if everyone is good for this Sunday? We can do it at my place again if noone has any better ideas. My roommates got a kick out of watching us. One of them was actually quite impressed with the level of planning going on by our esteemed director.

18. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Duders, I need two weeks in advance. No way can I get this Sunday off. I've been trying to get a hold of Kevin but the homing beacon I placed in his lunch must have malfunctioned.

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    OK well be ready when we go to shoot this monster to ask for the days off.

However talking about it to LDV last week, I think (key word: THINK) we are planning to film some (if not all) Jedi Montages and Godric/Fitsu scenes first, Combat next, Slave trader scene, then cockpit stuff. plus working in all the pick up stuff like the Jedi in the credits Idea Joe had.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah and I can add a line about Runn's forbidden romance into the Godric/Fitsu scene, it's a nice touch and will set up the relationship for the Sequel Runn Erridor: Electric Boogaloo.

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I think we should concentrate on a new logo just in case. So everyone start thinking about a new logo.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I have to put my foot down as the director. Joe, get your toosh in gear and request the sunday of November 2nd off.

We will meet this coming Sunday at Tionnes house to go over odds and ends.

We need the November meeting before any filming can start, and at that meeting, the principle actors NEED to be there. This will pust the shooting schedule back in to mid November. After Dead's addition of the dart scene, no more additions to the script. Its time people to let go of the script and let it walk on its own. Its been pampered and cultivated enough. Everytime something is added, its means more work to break down the script which in turns moves back the scedule. I will have the final script complete in a matter of days. When the break down sheets are done, I will know what the shoot schedule will start to look like.

I am still waiting for a rough design of the ship we are going to use, due to the fact I have the cockpit to design and that will be the biggest pain in the a$$ prop to design.

Everyone needs to concentrate on their costumes.

As for the logo Joe, I asked Dripp several days ago if he could add the words we needed, and I have yet to receive a reply. So, we have to go on the assumption that it can't be or won't be done. I want a logo by the time we start editing the movie, so its in place by the time the movie is ready.

22. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
  23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    well said.

and I promise no more scenes...well that last one wasn't really an add but it's just detail of one of the montage scenes.

Again scripts don't ever get finished...just taken away by the director and the writer/s put in a sack and dropped in the river.

If we do the meeting, can we do a shot for shot of the fights? with a digital camera?

plus I'll video it for myself.

I'm planning some serious practice before we shoot...Deadpool's gotta be a bada$$.

24. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Sunday... but Sundays I get paid extra... =/

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Nov 2 is bad for me. Can we do it on Nov. 1st?

Other than that, let's roll this Sunday and get some more planning done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.