main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Forget Me Not (One-post, Pre-ANH, Luke, Beru)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: Forget Me Not

Summary: Luke asks a very dangerous question. He gets an answer, he must forget.

Notes: One-post, set before ANH.

Author: Sara Kenobi

“Mom, where's mom?”

“What do you mean, Luke?”

“How come I don't have a mom, Aunt Beru?”

Beru stared at the eleven-year-old, not knowing how to begin to explain the answer to that question. She wanted to be honest with her nephew, and at the same time, she knew she couldn't possibly tell him everything. It was too dangerous.

But how could a boy be refused any knowledge about his mother? It seemed like the most heartbreaking thing in the galaxy, that they could do to him. Especially given the circumstances. Padme would have been the best mother any boy could ever hope for.

Beru knew she couldn't be entirely honest with Luke. But she would tell him what she could.

“Your mother died shortly after you were born, Luke,” Beru started gently. “I know that she would have loved you, and would have been an amazing mother to you. I know that she did not imagine she would be leaving you, so soon. I know that having a child, meant everything to her. “

“I miss her,” replies Luke softly. “I never knew her. But I miss her.”

Beru smiles at the simplicity of those words. “Oh, Luke,” said Beru. She hugs the boy to her. “I know that you are not my son. But how I wish you were.”

“What was her name?” Luke then suddenly insists. “Uncle Owen, he never tells me anything about her. Can you just say her name? Just once?”

Beru stares at the boy again. Oh how dangerous this was. But she looks into those earnest eyes and doesn't have the heart to say no to him. “Padme,” Beru whispers. “But never tell a soul, Luke. Her name was Padme.”

Luke smiles at hearing the name. It was then that Beru realized that she had just made the boy's mother real to him. Perhaps the only time in his life. Real. But then it had to be forgotten.

“You need to forget it though, Luke,” Beru tells him firmly. “You can't remember her. Not ever.”

Luke nods his head, promising his aunt. He'd do anything for his aunt.

He would forget his mothers name.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That was lovely and so very Beru to give in and tell Luke Padmè's name, to make her real for him, but then ask him to forget it for his own safety. I love it!

3. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Beautifully poignant. I love fics about Luke & Beru :)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superbly touching and in character. =D=

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Beautiful and so sad. But at least for a few moments he knew her name.

6. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    This was great. I'm not going to lie, I pictured the scene in my head while I read it and I got a little misty there. Well Done. =D=

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Oh, this was lovely and heartbreaking - I love Luke and Beru fics, and this was sweet - and yet the last line is so sad (yet perfect).

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This was beautiful conversation between Beru and Luke.

She knew it was dangerous to tell him, but she knew he needed to know, that is love and her love for him really comes through here.

=D=

Darth_Furio likes this.
  9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was very sweet.

Sad though that such a small thing can be such a dangerous thing

Great job,

=D==D==D==D=

Darth_Furio likes this.
  10. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Such a sad, heart-breaking yet beautiful moment between aunt and nephew. =((

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you for so many replies, everyone. I haven't written much Star Wars fan fiction since the end of the prequel films. But the new Star Wars film, seems to have given me such much needed inspiration to write again. One of my favorite characters to write for has always been Luke.