main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Forget Me Not-- SabeWan romance-- sequel to Dance w/ the Stars-- COMPLETED 10/02/2007!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sache8, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    TITLE- Forget Me Not

AUTHORS- Sache8 and Melyanna

RATING- PG-13 (mush, and? well, yeah. Basically just mush. Although I suppose you could count substance abuse issues)

GENRE- Romance/ Mystery

PAIRINGS- Sabewan, Saché/OC, and even more OC?s

SUMMARY- Senator Sabé Naberrie of Naboo is unexpectedly reunited with an old friend when she requests aid in uncovering a threat to her people. Sequel to Dance With the Stars.

DISCLAIMER- All hail the Great Flannelled One.

[b][i]Author?s Pre-Note:[/i][/b] This is sequel to [i]Dance With the Stars[/i], which was pretty much TPM? with a twist. I?d recommend reading that to understand the details of the Naberrie family and the Naboo government in [i]this[/i] story, which differ slightly from canon. Also, the characters of Helaine Trillium and Lanelle Caine belong to [b]padawan lunetta[/b], and make some fun cameos in this tale.

[hr]

[b][i]Dramatis Personae[/i][/b]

Jon Bakuro- [i]human male ? businessman from Naboo[/i]
    Dooji Bip ? [i]Gungan male ? Gungan senatorial representative[/i]
    Lanelle Caine ? [i]human female - Jedi Master[/i]
    Saché Drianna- [i]human female ? handmaiden to Senator Vána[/i]
    Obi-Wan Kenobi ? [i]human male ? Jedi Knight[/i]
    Ceidron Metz ? [i]human male ? political science student from Commenor[/i]
    Claria Elsinoré Naberrie ? [i]human female ? Princess of Naboo[/i]
    Richard Naberrie ? [i]human male ? Prince and King-Elect of Naboo[/i]
    Sabé Vána Naberrie ? [i]human female ? Princess and Senator of Naboo[/i]
    Yvenne Sorenst ? [i]human female ? Manager of Retisan Ranch, Naboo [/i]
    Anakin Skywalker ? [i]human male ? Jedi Padawan[/i]
    Helaine Trillium ? [i]human female ? Jedi Padawan[/i]

[hr]

[b]Chapter One[/b]- [i]Changes[/i]

[i]Theed, Naboo[/i]

The sunlight that streamed into the east conference room seemed to shimmer, to sparkle. In its midst stood Richard Naberrie, hands clasped behind his back and chin raised high. It was a familiar pose for him, a sign of masked impatience that none but his family recognized. But Padmé recognized it, as she always did.

?Good morning, Richard. Sorry I?m late,? she said as she entered the conference room. ?Did you sleep well??

?For the two hours in which I was asleep, yes,? Richard replied, feeling as if his eyelids were being propped up somehow. ?If I didn?t know better, I?d think my dear sister planned to have the election happen in the middle of the night by Theed time. Why was that, anyway??

Padmé merely smiled cryptically. ?Didn?t you pay attention to the election committee briefings, brother? For shame. I should have the election results declared null and void.?

?All they said was that it would be taking place at 1500 hours, Otoh Gunga time?oh.? Richard lowered his head. ?The Gungans were voting in this election.?

His sister shook her head. ?Honestly, Richard, it?s being hailed as ?the triumph of Amidala?s reign,? bringing the Gungans actively into government.?

Richard planted his hands on his hips and looked at her. ?I think that?s the work of historians wanting to forget that you were the first ruler in centuries to send their sons into battle.?

?Whether or not that is true,? Padmé said in the voice that meant that she secretly agreed with something that could be controversial, ?the Gungans [i]are[/i] the reason the election was held at that time. I spent the better part of two terms convincing Parliament to abolish the old anti-Gungan laws, and Mother spent the better part of her life trying to. The last thing we wanted to do was tell the Gungans that they had to be up at midnight to vote in this election.?

?So it was better to have the actual candidates up later than that??

?Exactly.? Padmé smiled and suddenly hugged him. ?Congratulations, Richard. I couldn?t have a better successor.?

?Thank you, Padmé.? Richard hugged her back a little awkwardly. ?You?ve left me surprisingly big shoes to fill, for such a small person.?

?You know that you?ll always have me around to gi

2. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Yay!! :)

I've been looking forward to this story for quite some time, and I'm very glad to see that you've started posting it.

Very interesting beginning. I can't wait to see how this Saché/Jon thing develops. And Sabé/Obi, of course. ;) I like Yvenne already. Looking forward to reading more!

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OoooHhh it's here! Loving Jon...poor guy, *I* think he should go for Sache!

Oh and before anyone else can speak up, I just think it should be known that Prince Richard is, indisputedly, mine. [face_love]

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey, look at that! It's up! :D *waves to Sache and Mely* Oooh, and it's been a while! Richard is succeeding Padmé? :eek: Cool! :cool: I like Richard. :) From afar, Luney, from afar. I know he's yours. :p

?Well, actually, Padmé,? he said, ?I was talking with Sabé last night before the vote started.?

?Yes??

?She wants to come home soon. Actually, her exact words were ?I?m sick and tired of being cooped up on Coruscant all the time. I want to travel, and it?s frustrating having to be within an hour of the Senate chambers all the time in case there?s a vote.? And then she told me not to tell you that.?

*grins* And Sabé's just the same, I see. :p

It had been two years since their father had died, from the lasting effects of disease and age. Before the Trade Federation invasion, not many people would have realized how old the Prince Consort was, but afterward everyone remembered that while Leiandra had married young, Armand had not. He had never fully recovered from the disease he?d contracted in the camps, and finally his weakened heart had failed him.

Oh, poor Armand. :(

Padmé squeezed his hand. ?You will make a good King, little brother,? she said. ?And you will one day make a good husband and father, if you ever decide to settle down.?

He smiled and kissed her cheek. ?And what a scandal that would cause. Youngest child married before his three older sisters.?

Reminds me of Pride and Prejudice, for some reason. "With three younger sisters grown up, your Ladyship can hardly expect me to own it." Sorry. Moving on . . . :p

?What brings you to the eyesore of the galaxy on this fine day, Bakuro?? the young man called, his voice muffled slightly by the whipping wind.

?The usual,? Jon called back. ?And yourself??

Immen Rizzo grinned. ?Baby-sitting the Princess. What else would you expect??

Hey, Rizzo! And Jon! :D

Jon had been sorely tempted, on many occasions, to forget his promise to Sabé and Eirtaé, and try to woo the shy handmaiden. They had said she?d admired him, after all. Once or twice he had even tried it, but the alarm in her mannerisms on those occasions had led him to conclude one thing. She no longer had any feelings for him, and he?d best leave off.

Hmm. Sounds more like an author's dream opportunity for angst than genuine disinterest on Saché's part. :p

Yvenne laughed. ?Nala?s usually pretty docile, but I?d rather not see what she could do when she feels threatened.?

Nala! :D Great name choice. ;) It'll be interesting to see how the environmental stuff fits into the story, too. :)

How long do you expect this story to be, out of curiosity? As long as Dance With the Stars? [face_thinking] Regardless, it's good to see the story going. :)

5. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Good to see this underway :)

6. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Yay! You guys started this! Very nice start so far, can't wait to read more!!

:Targeter:
    !Love my Boston Red Sox!

7. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    up up up!

8. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Hi, Saché!

A quickie to tell you I'm reading, and that I love the beginning to this sequel to "Dance with the Stars".

I'm off to school. Er, University.

MTFBWY,

Lauré ;)

9. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    *~*~*

Thanks to everyone who reviewed. Replies below!

[b]Chapter Two[/b] ? [i]Enlightenment[/i]

[i]Coruscant [/i]

?How long has it been, Dex??

?Not long, lass. Last time you came to see me was, what, two months ago??

Sabé smiled, and took a taste of her still-steaming pitte, Dex?s specialty. It had lost none of its savor over the years. ?I know that, I meant how long since I first came here??

?Ah.? Dexter Jettster leaned back in his seat and scratched his chin thoughtfully. ?Seven and a half years, isn?t it? Seven and a half years since the blockade.?

?I?m glad I ran into you that day, Dex. It has been good to have a friend here in the city.?

?Well, it has been my pleasure, certainly, but I know I?m not your [i]only[/i] friend here.?

?I respect the Chancellor in many ways, Dex, but I don?t really consider him a friend.?

Dex leaned forward again, a knowing look blazing in his orange-flecked eyes. ?I wasn?t speaking of the Chancellor, girlie. Have you not seen any of your friend Obi-Wan since you came here??

Sabé shook her head and shrugged. ?I?ve only been here a year and a half. He?s been much occupied with missions, I suppose. I?ve only had one letter since then.?

?Aye, aye. I can see how that would be.? Dex crossed his top pair of arms on the dirty tabletop. ?That boy is something else, I tell you. Smart as a whip, he is. I?ve had him in here several times since you sent him my way.?

?He?s thirty-two years old, Dex. He?s hardly a boy.?

?Where I come from, lassie, he?s a boy. You yourself shouldn?t be out of school, and they make you a Senator?? He shook his head, chuckling.

?That?s rich, coming from someone who I doubt even [i]went[/i] to school, Dex Jettster.?

Dex only laughed harder as Sabé took another bite of her pitte. ?Fair enough, Princess, but I did have an education of sorts.?

?Somehow I don?t think you asked me to come to talk about schooldays and old friends, Dex. What?s on your mind??

Dex?s amusement subsided, and he looked quickly around the diner. His new waitress, Hermione, was wiping off the counter, and everyone else seemed otherwise occupied. Dex leaned in even closer, and spoke softly. Sabé noticed, however, that he did not whisper.

?I know a fine, upstanding girl like yourself doesn?t deal much with certain, er, [i]levels[/i] of society. I must say that your family?s reputation is stellar. Almost too stellar. It is a rare thing these days for politicians to rise as high as yourselves without making a few compromises.?

?Our successes in that regard are due to the legacy of our ancestors.?

?Yes, of course. My point, Princess, is that information of a less than savory nature does not cross your path as often as the paths of your colleagues, because your intolerance of it is widely known.?

?That is good, is it not??

?Very. But it can be blinding. That?s why I called you here today. I?ll tell you something you might want to know, provided you ask no questions about my resources. That?s the price, Princess. You?re a good girl, I don?t want to hurt your sensibilities too badly.?

?Now you [i]are[/i] making me feel like a naive school girl, Dex. Very well. Tell me what it is you think I should know.?

?There is a dangerous new drug on the black market, Princess. Absolutely illegal, very harmful. No medicinal purposes, no possible benefit to anyone. It?s called glowquartz.?

Sabé sat up a little straighter, feeling indignant. ?I?ve heard of glowquartz. I?m not that out of the loop as you seem to think I am. I?m a Senator, and a member of a royal family, Dex. It is my responsibility to be aware of things that might bring harm to our people.?

?Good, Princess. Very good. Then you should know that the manufacture or the distribution of glowquartz has some kind of Naboo connection.?

Sabé?s blood suddenly felt colder. ?Naboo?? she repeated, a little shocked. ?We?ve never had major drug problems on Naboo.?

?You do now.?

Sabé was sorely tempted to break her promise and ask him how he ha

10. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Great update, Saché and Mel!

There are so many plots and subplots already. I like it, because it lends so much depth to your story.

Now, I wonder how exactly will Padmé and Ani meet again?

And on a closer future, I think Sabé invited Jon to the ball to make sure he would be there. I mean, it's not as if Saché (who, as a handmaiden, is duty-bound to go with Sabé) would ever dare to be so open with him, right? So while Sabé is dancing with a Republic dignitary, it would leave the path open for Jon to renew the sparks Saché and he felt all these years ago on Naboo.

And as for the Boromir icon, well... I couldn't resist. I'm just soo hopeless, but I don't care.

Namarië, and MTFBWY,

Laurethiel ;)

11. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Drugs on Naboo! The intrigue! :eek: I too like all of the subplots you're weaving into your story.

Sabé's getting some help from the Jedi, hmm? I wonder who she might end up with. ;)

Hehe this part made me laugh for some reason:

Dooji?s eyes bulged incredulously. ?Dissen crazy!? he cried. ?Yousa friend had da bad scoop.?

As always, looking forward to more.

12. CodeName_Vampire

CodeName_Vampire Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    ?Ask the Jedi for help!? Saché then cried suddenly, sitting up very straight, an excited look coming over her face. ?Sabé, go to the Council, they can give you someone!?

?That?s perfect,? Jon agreed, excitedly. ?The Jedi know how to keep things quiet too, Sabé.?

Sabé?s eyes flicked quickly between her three friends. ?Jedi?? she repeated uncertainly. ?I hadn?t thought of that.?

Oh! Is it going to be Obi-Wan that helps her? And then, and then maybe we can get some nice SabeWan mush? [face_hopeful]

Nice post! And yes, your icon is very nice for a RHSer. ;)

13. HandmaidenKenobi

HandmaidenKenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2003
    Ooh, you started it, YAY!!

Aww, little Richie is all grown up and king now!

A sharply overdressed man appeared in the doorway. "If you would come with me," he said, "Lord Retisan is expecting you."

The man turned around and left as abruptly as he had appeared. From behind him, Richard heard Banks mutter: "I'm sure he's expecting us. What else would he do when a King is coming?"

LOL, I like this Banks fellow. I hope he sticks around for the rest of the story. ;) I'm glad Rizzo's back, too! One reason I love your stories Saché, is that you write such a wonderful supporting cast. :)

14. Princess-Sabe

Princess-Sabe Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    I love your stories so far... Update soon...

Help from a Jedi......hm....I think I might know who!!! lol

15. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Ooh so the Jedi is obviously going to be Mace Windu, I think. ;)

Saché laughed along with everyone else, but she felt peculiar on the inside. The thought of Jon and Sabé and balls and dancing put her in mind of the first time she?d met him, at Claria?s coming out. How long ago it seemed, and yet at the same time, how quickly the years had gone by. Claria was now a mature young woman, studying music at the University of Theed. Jon was a successful businessman, no longer hiding in his father?s shadow, and breaking new ground for Naboo commerce all over the galaxy. And Saché? Saché was still a quiet, unnoticeable handmaiden with no great aspirations, and no dream but the man sitting beside her. She had not changed. She could never seem to change, and for that, Jon Bakuro would never really notice her. Somehow I doubt this...but that's just me. ;) Lovely post as usual, Sache! Always love your characters :)

16. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    Ooo, I'm so glad that the sequel's here! I don't think I ever posted a reply on Dance with the Stars, but I really enjoyed that story. Now, for some proper reviewing... ;)

First post:

Does Richard know what he's getting into, deciding to go into politics? Poor guy... He'll be a good king, though. And I'll be interested to see what Padmé decides to do once she's no longer on the throne.

I feel sorry for Jon, not being able to pursue Saché. Perhaps he should anyway... And yay! Rizzo's back. He was always an enjoyable character. :)

Second post:

Sabé shook her head and shrugged. ?I?ve only been here a year and a half. He?s been much occupied with missions, I suppose. I?ve only had one letter since then.?

*glares at Obi-Wan* Get writing, then! Men! Just because you're on the same planet... ;)

At the far end of the room sat a middle-aged man in a high-backed wooden chair that vaguely resembled a primitive throne.

I don't like the sound of this Lord Retisan guy. He's up to no good, I can sense it... [face_worried]

She had not changed. She could never seem to change, and for that, Jon Bakuro would never really notice her.

:_| Poor Saché! If only she knew that Jon liked her too...

So, am I right in guessing we'll see Obi-Wan soon? :) I'm definitely looking forward to the next post! Keep up the good writing! :D

17. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hey, Miss Handmaiden, where's more?! ;)

18. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Yes, more please. :p

19. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Still waiting ;)

20. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Chapter Three- Assignments

Senatorial Sector, Coruscant

?I thank you, Masters, for responding to my request so promptly.?

Strangely enough, prompt was a word that well-fitted the lengthy morning it had taken Sabé to acquire an audience with the Jedi Council. Despite the fact that she was a high-ranking Senator, the Jedi were highly tasked with requests for their time, and a same-day interview with the Council itself was almost ludicrous. In the end, Sabé had appealed to Chancellor Palpatine for help. Perhaps this was a bit childish, but her impatience overcame her desire to contribute to galactic equilibrium.

Now, however, she was regretting her presumption, for she got the feeling that the Council was a little annoyed by her sidestep maneuver. The room itself was stark, containing only eight chairs for the eight members of the Council in attendance. Where the other four sat when they were planet-side, Sabé could only guess. Perhaps they did not need to sit at all. She had a brief image of a Hutt on the Council, then shook her head at this most strange and rather frightening thought, and tried to bring her attention back to the matter at hand.

?Chancellor Palpatine did not inform us as to the nature of your request,? Mace Windu replied. He was frowning a little, and Sabé knew she was going to have to convey the importance of her message if she was to gain any support that was not grudging.

?I did not tell the Chancellor,? she said. ?While this matter concerns not only Naboo, but the larger galaxy as well, I feel a certain modicum of discretion is advisable.? As briefly as possible, and being careful not to mention Dex by name, she told them her information. While their overall reaction was not as dramatic as Saché?s or Dormé?s, or even Sabé?s own, it was nonetheless what she?d hoped for.

?An important discovery, this is,? Master Yoda said shrewdly, almost to himself. ?Keeping an ear out, the Jedi have, for information about this glowquartz, but too little has been found.?

?You?re confident in the reliability of your information?? Mace Windu asked her. The direct authority in his question assisted Sabé in biting her tongue against retorting. She was weary of that question. Did they think her a simpleton? She was a Senator, after all. On the other hand, she mused, as she brought to mind some of her fellow representatives, perhaps it wasn?t such a foolhardy question after all.

?I am, Master,? she said, deciding that any elaboration would only weaken her position. ?Enough that I am going to pursue this matter, with or without your assistance. But I know my chances would be better with the aid of the Jedi.?

?You would conduct an investigation alone?? Adi Gallia asked, eyeing Sabé up and down a little disbelievingly.

Sabé set her chin stubbornly. ?Representative Bipp of the Gungan delegation would accompany me,? she said. ?He is as concerned about this matter as I am.? She knew this probably would not impress the Council very much, but it was the reinforcement she had on hand.

The Jedi Masters all exchanged meaningful glances, clearly understandable to one another, but leaving Sabé quite in the dark. She bit her lower lip to curtail her annoyance. She had always been better at dishing out superiority than in accepting it, but in recent years she had made an effort to handle it more gracefully than she had in the past. Especially in cases such as this, when those she encountered had every right to behave as her superiors.

?The Jedi will offer you some assistance in your quest, Senator Vána,? Master Windu said at last. Sabé let herself relax a little. She was about to ask for specifics, but she was anticipated.

?We shall need to discuss the matter of who best might serve your interests, Senator,? Ki-Adi-Mundi told her in his crisp, distinct speech. ?Please call again tomorrow morning and we shall inform you of our decision.?

Sabé licked her lips uncertainly. She felt incredibly forward, trying to push her boundaries, but timidity had never b

21. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    He also knew that he was the last person Lanelle Caine would have chosen to accompany for an Observance, and honestly, he couldn?t say that he blamed her. Part of the idea was for the new padawan to learn good master-padawan relations by watching the mentor pair, but quite frankly, Anakin was not the ideal example for up-and-coming new Jedi.

*snickers* Yes, Anakin would definitely not be a role-model padawan.... a good looking one though... ;)

And I liked the part with Richard!

Loverly post Sache!

22. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Ooh a ball? :D

Obi-Wan got the impression that she frowned upon him as well, simply for having been Qui-Gon?s apprentice. Or maybe it was because he was Anakin?s master, which was just as likely. Knowing her, it was both.

[face_laugh]

I love Obi-Wan's thoughts in this post. Amusing, but also in character. Well done!

Also should be interesting to see Richard meet Yvenne after all the things he's heard about her. :p

Can't wait for the next post!

23. Princess-Sabe

Princess-Sabe Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Another great post. Wonder whats gonna happen when Sabe and Obi-Wan meet? Update soon..

24. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    Yay, another post! :) You did a great job of building up anticipation for the rest of the story, and setting up some of the other characters.

Perhaps this was a bit childish, but her impatience overcame her desire to contribute to galactic equilibrium.

[face_laugh] I like Sabé's attitude when it comes to the Council. It's good for a laugh, anyhow. ;)

An image formed in Richard?s mind of a middle-aged woman, harsh, curt, well-built from work on the ranch, and with short hair and a shorter fuse.

It'll be interesting when Richard actually meets Yvenne--he'll be in a big surprise, as the descriptions of her in the first post seem to be anything but his impressions. I wonder how that will turn out... ;)

And I'm with Anyanka--the ball will be nice. After all, a ball should be a good place for Obi-Wan and Sabé to meet up again... :p

Looking forward to the next post!

~Padme :)

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Ooh love Richard's first idea of what Yvenne is like. Poor man, having to deal with her. ;) Always lovely to see a Prince, heck, a King Elect being bossed around, humbles them a bit. Though I would never do such a thing. ;)

Obi-Wan meeting again with Sabe at a gala....this should be interesting. Good thing Lanelle won't be around to Disapprove. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.