main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Forget Me Not-- SabeWan romance-- sequel to Dance w/ the Stars-- COMPLETED 10/02/2007!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sache8, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, I began a new take on an Obi-Wan scene that I'm much more satisfied with. As it's hard-core action, it might take me a few days to get through, and I've decided not to make any promises, but as a peace offering, I decided to post a little excerpt:

*~*~*~*

There had been very little deliberation as to seating arrangements. Each vessel would only carry three comfortably, and Anakin and Obi-Wan were by far the most qualified pilots. Master Caine of course did not want to be separated from her padawan, and though she did not say as much aloud, neither did she want Helaine exposed to the flamboyancy and recklessness that was Anakin?s method of piloting. Truthfully, Obi-Wan couldn?t really blame her. So it was he, Master Caine, and Helaine in the first bongo, while Anakin, Sabé, and Dooji comprised the second.

It unsettled him that he should be so connected to how Sabé was feeling, even with a good hundred kilos between the two bongos. He knew, of course, that the distance made no difference whatsoever in cases like these, but he had harbored a vain hope that keeping her out of his physical proximity would make it a little easier on his concentration. Now he knew he?d rather have her here, and not at the mercy of? Anakin?s piloting.

*~*~*~*

So there we go. Lots of poor, poor Ben. ;)

In other wonderful and ecstatic news, I just found out in the last three hours that I'm going to be an aunt roundabout Thanksgiving! :D :D :D

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Dead god, I wouldn't want to be at the mercy of Anakin's piloting either!!

Great start!! :D

3. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Congrats! That's awesome, an aunt!! And I LOVE your excerpt! Hope to see more up soon.

4. Faerie_Ivy

Faerie_Ivy Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2004
    oh, yes! they've taken a bongo from the scene!!!

...now what?

5. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Chapter Sixteen ? Pluck and Blasters

In core waterways of Naboo, two gungan bongos slid silently through fathoms of black water. Obi-Wan could feel Sabé?s jittery nerves on the edge of his consciousness. She didn?t like the smallness of the vessel in comparison with the power of the currents they traveled through? instant death for any human or gungan at these depths. He marveled that space travel, which was essentially no different, did not affect her the same way.

There had been very little deliberation as to seating arrangements. Each vessel would only carry three comfortably, and Anakin and Obi-Wan were by far the most qualified pilots. Master Caine of course did not want to be separated from her padawan, and though she did not say as much aloud, neither did she want Helaine exposed to the flamboyancy and recklessness that was Anakin?s method of piloting. Truthfully, Obi-Wan couldn?t really blame her. So it was he, Master Caine, and Helaine in the first bongo, while Anakin, Sabé, and Dooji comprised the second.

It unsettled him that he should be so connected to how Sabé was feeling, even with a good hundred kilos between the two ships. He knew, of course, that the distance made no difference whatsoever in cases like these, but he had harbored a vain hope that keeping her out of his physical proximity would make it a little easier on his concentration. Now he knew he?d rather have her here, and not at the mercy of? Anakin?s piloting.

It was well nigh time, he decided, to square with the facts regarding Senator Naberrie. That he felt something for her more than Jedi were generally encouraged to feel was inescapable. That moment after they?d cleared the roof in Cliopa? when she?d hovered over him with lightning in her eyes and the scent of her all around him? had been very difficult to shake. He wasn?t sure he ever could, but somehow he was going to have to find the strength to live with it? and without her.

Obi-Wan shook himself from this line of thought, and began a breathing exercise to focus his concentration. There would be time for a brief bout of self-indulgent pity later on. First, he had to get this small and diverse team through the Taxway of Rial with their lives still intact.

Master Caine, who wouldn?t be able to sense his exact thoughts (thank the Force) could still sense him setting his mind in order and began quietly discussing this fact with Helaine. Then she urged the girl to follow his example, and soon the collected calm of Master and Padawan became a welcome bolster to Obi-Wan?s focus. He reached out to the comm station. ?Anakin,? he said quietly. ?Do you sense them??

?Yes, Master. I count a dozen.?

?Fourteen,? Obi-Wan corrected. This wasn?t going to be easy. ?I?m powering down external lights now. When we get to the Kaleback Grotto, wait for my signal.?

?Yes, Master.?

?Initiate radio silence? now.?

With a deep, steadying breath, Obi-Wan turned off the communications panel, then the lights that heretofore had been illuminating his way. Everything was going to have to be by feel now. No one but a Jedi could have managed it, with the exception of creatures like the ones that dominated these waters? which navigated predominantly via echolocation.

This meant that powering down the lights would only help marginally. The real solution would be to convince the fourteen large predators lurking between here and their destination that the bongos weren?t a threat. Although the colos weren?t sentient, their instincts were strong, and right now the only focus of their thoughts was protection of the nests that lay beyond. It was a hard mental barrier to affect, even for four collective Jedi, especially since the attention of the two pilots would also be consumed with not crashing the bongos into the very unforgiving rock of the grotts.

In the lead position, Obi-Wan piloted his bongo slowly, doing his best to hug the sides of the chambers, in the hope of using the rock formations to veil the echo signatures the bongos would cre

6. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    :eek: [face_dancing] :eek: [face_dancing]

Postie!!!

Ah, yes, super long post DEFINENTLY makes up for it!! Sigh, those couples (all three) are so... cute together! Loved how it was resolved... though I sense buried emotions for Jon and his assistant... how will that get resolved? Interesting how Arath played into this... I guess liquidating your father's assets is one way of turning your family against you...

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Alright.

This is my break from writing out my huge master's research paper...(note not a thesis) :)

Anakin/Sabe/Obiwan/Helaine/Master Caine/Dooji

I love the way you describe the occurances in each of the Bongo's--the first through Obi-Wan's musings and reminiscences, and the second through Sabe's...it gave a two sided experience to the events that made it all the more tangable. Anakin is a craaazy driver!

Sache/Yvenne

That was great charach. interactions--especially when Sache said she wanted a blaster, and how Yvenne could tell that Sache loved Jon when she reacted to his coming...

Claria and the Boys

Howls with laughter--the tension here was great, with Jon and Ceideron and Richard all worrying their pretty little minds out about saving the women...and man I bet Claria is going to be MAAAAAAAD when she finds out she's been left behind...the dialogue between them during the rescue was great.

Sache and Jon reunion All I can say is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Saché heard him, but didn?t bother with an acknowledgement. She stepped forward, eyes still on Jon, concerned, but she didn?t achieve half a step before he hastened forward, closing the distance between them. Before she knew it, she was shut out from everything but the solid embrace of the man she loved.

She was next aware of Jon?s exhale. She could literally feel the tightness in his chest release as his breath came out? long, shaky, and broken. ?Oh, Sach,? he murmured into her hair, rocking her slightly back and forth. ?Saché, I was so worried.? The last was a whisper.

Saché really had no idea what to do. Even if she did, she would have been incapable of acting upon it, for she was full of an inexpressible, radiant calm. No, it was more like euphoria, she decided. The most sensible thing that occurred to her was to close her eyes, and so she did, smiling.

A tap on shoulder broke the spell, and she fought back the urge to snap Richard?s head off when she saw he had climbed the stairs to join them. He opened his arms and gave a rakish grin. ?Don?t I get a hug too??

Such a great passage!

Yvenne being stubborn What a nice way to be swept off your feet :)

Hooray! Thanks for the long post :) :)

8. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Next time I will take fewer pages in return for a sooner post ;)

Will reply propperly later =D=

9. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    As it was, she was thinking about having a snack when she got home and throwing it up in protest afterwards. On Anakin?s boots

Heehee, that's my Sabe. You are evil, btw...

Wonderful job! I enjoyed it immensely. Yay for strong women! ;)

*deposits Yvenne on Leda and promtly claims her spot in Richard's arms*

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY!!!!!

So we've got one couple reunited... now if only Ceidron and Richard would get on the ball. :p

11. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Oh Fantastic!! What a wonderful Easter Surprise! I had almost forgotten how much I love to read your writing, so easy to understand yet such poetic description. Love that Sabé is afraid of deep water... poor girl in the bongo with Anakin! :p Really enjoyed the escape scene with Saché and Yvenne. I think it's very interesting that Yvenne and Saché should met and get along so well without ever having the boys introduce them. LOVED how Saché took down Laicha (sorry if I spelled that wrong). Excellent description of that particular take-down.

REALLY liked the renunions! Awwwww!!! Yvenne and Richard! :* So cute that he carried her up the stairs! I'm getting an almost Luke/Mara relationship there... almost. hehe. Love the Saché/Jon and how she sees him and is his arms and OH! It's enough to make a girl swoon ;)

HA! And Ceirdron (again, sorry about the lack of spelling :p) is going to GET IT from Claria. So is Richard for that matter. And Jon. Being left out isn't exactly her thing. And I wonder when Sabé and company will surface and what part they will all play in this whole climax. Interesting that they are sending Saché and Jon away with Laicha, when Saché probably has the best weapons training of them all! [face_laugh] Of course, this provides for plenety of cute moments and Saché will finally be able to get some food ;)

Fabulous job hon! Loved reading every word!

~Obischick~[face_peace]

ps. love how absolutely useless Arath is! Wasting time indeed! :p

12. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    That was amazing. I read it the day it was posted and I just realized I never commented. I love how everything is coming together now. I can't wait to see Claria's reaction to being left behind. Boy, are they all going to get it, once she's sure Sache (and Yvenne) is safe.
    On a different note, I've read some of padawan lunetta's fics, the future of this. Is that the DEFINETIVE OT eqvilant for this universe? I don't suppose you would want to make a slightly happier future version. Not that padawan lunetta's fics are at all bad, in fact they're . . . simply mind blowing work, but it is a sort of sad future for Luke and Leia, even though they do find their family. Going to stop rambling now.

13. Faerie_Ivy

Mar 16, 2004
    Well, this is more than I ever could have hoped to return to when I left for vacation. Finally!

Finally, he cursed under his breath, and headed out the door once more. Saché bent down, seized the jar, heaved it high up in the air, and brought it smashing down upon his head just as he was reaching for the handle to the door.

Glass went flying everywhere, and Mirak fell to the floor with an ungraceful thwump. Saché stood, a little shaken, with the rim of the jar still clutched in both hands, and breathing so hard it surprised her, considering how collected she?d been mere moments ago.

?Nice,? said the red-haired woman appreciatively.

Such a nice (and very credible) first impression for Yvenne. Just the side of Sache we would want to play up in that situation. Great character moment.

Réka was several breaths into a boastful description of the work her brothers did to help her father in his thriving district when Claria chose a tactful place to interrupt her. ?Lady Retisan,? she said quietly, ?thank you so much for your hospitality. The meal was wonderful, but would you mind terribly if we might take a rest for the afternoon? It was a long journey.?

?Of course,? Réka readily assented, though Richard perceived her disappointment and frustration. She wasn?t stupid, after all. She recognized a polite ?shut up? when she heard one.

Haha, yes! A refreshing 'shut up' moment for Reka, this time from Claria, of all people!

Arath had readily supplied each of them with a weapon from his father?s personal stash. All of them had stun settings, which relieved Ceidron greatly. He wasn?t overly fond of blasters, and hadn?t carried one in a while. Still, he?d grown up on Commenor, and while he wouldn?t consider himself the galaxy?s authority on street smarts, he didn?t think it was too great a stretch of ego to presume he was more capable than these guys. He was actually considering taking Jon?s gun away.

Aw, poor Jon going nearly insane over his captive love.....so sweet, yet crazy.

Excellent action sequences all around, especially those with The Boys, (so fun to call them that) and strong moment between Laicha, Sache, and Yvenne. Oh, the dislike in the air! I suppose it's the actress in me that just loves the thought of conveying their feelings simply through facial expression for that pause in action. I myself would love to do it - you could cast me as Yvenne, I'm an excellent hobbler. ;)

And that long-anticipated reunion - perfect, perfect, perfect, is all I have to say. When Sache first spotted Jon, well, you couldn't have conveyed that experience any better. Richard carrying Yvenne? That was charm we didn't even ask for in the reunion and yet love even more all the same. So very Prince Charming of him, it seems he only lacks a white steed to perfect his image. Let him ride an albino tusk-cat home.

Well, that will hold me over for a while. This post has got me so into the whole story again that I think I might just take on re reading it now. All of it, not just the skimming I've done to occupy myself over the past few months. Anyway, no more five-month gaps between posts. Although I doubt I'll be so much of nag now since you haven't left quite so much up in there air; yet there still is a lot to put in place. Thanks for seeing it through and not resorting to those blasted cliffhangers. ;)

Great, great post.

14. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    Just an up, because it'll allow others to find and read this fic.

15. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm going to return to my humble beginnings and actually take some time to reply to reviews before I post.

bobilll - Arath's mostly a sideline character, I guess. Jane Austen would smack my hand for involving a new character to this extent so late in the story, but he was useful for the moment, so... she'll just have to forgive me. ;-) And I suppose you could argue Saché and Jon's feelings are still buried... but not very deep anymore. LOL

jade51999 - You know, I didn't find your feedback until sometime after you'd given it, because I didn't realize you went back and edited it. LOL I was like... "Hey, this is new!" It was kind of fun, though. And thanks for all the great comments! Sabé's POV of the bongo adventure was particularly satisfying when I was finished writing it. She cracks me up. And yes, Claria's none to thrilled with the initative of her 'boys' in leaving her behind. As for Yvenne being 'swept off her feet'... eh, I'm still worried about over-cliché-ing things, but what the heck. This is fanfic, not stellar literature, right? ;)

Shinar - Next time I will take fewer pages in return for a sooner post. You got it. :cool:

Jalen - Evil? Wait till you see the way the next chapter ends. [face_devil] *pries Jalen away from Richard* Sorry, hon. Yvenne still needs her pillar. ;)

Miana - Well, I won't argue, but both those guys are a little preoccupied just now, wouldn't you agree? LOL

Obischick - I liked Saché's taking down of Laicha, myself. Reminds me of the golden, glorious era of the fab five. RHS forever! Mwuahahaha! [face_laugh]

DancesWithBlasters - Luney's stories were written well before mine, and it was her and {b]Melyanna[/b]'s basic sketch of the PT half of things that inspired me to write it, so yes, it is the definitive OT outcome of my stories. I won't elaborate, though, as I don't want to spoil anybody who's not read them. :) And thanks for the up!

Ivy - I suppose it's the actress in me that just loves the thought of conveying their feelings simply through facial expression for that pause in action. I myself would love to do it - you could cast me as Yvenne, I'm an excellent hobbler.

Oh, you cracked me up with that. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Now, moving on...

16. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    :cool: Well, what do you know. Half the length... but less than half the wait. Go me!!

[b]Chapter Seventeen[/b] - [i]Caught[/i]

Though both parties breathed considerably easier when the two bongos emerged safely from the Taxway, they could not afford to relax entirely.

?Good work, Anakin,? Obi-Wan called over the radio when he felt sure they were no longer being immediately pursued any irritated colos. ?How are your passengers??

?Mesa doin? okeday, Mastah Kenobi,? chimed in Dooji. Obi-Wan smiled. There was a noticeable strain in the Gungan?s typically placid manner.

?Good to hear,? he replied. ?Senator Vána??

After a beat, Anakin spoke again, ?Um, she?s? kind of unconscious right now,? he said reluctantly. Obi-Wan could almost hear his wince.

?Unconscious?? Obi-Wan repeated, mildly alarmed.

?Yeah, I?m not sure if it was the force of the impact back there or if she just fainted. I think she?s okay, but we?d better get her to shore. I?m sorry, Master.?

That was Obi-Wan?s cue to say ?it?s okay? but he was just a tad bit too disinclined at the moment. Instead, he gave a heavy sigh. ?Very well. Master Bipp, any suggestions??

?Dere?sa studyin? place way up northaways,? Dooji said knowledgeably. In addition to having been to Rial ? and Lake Erana ? a handful of times in his life, Dooji and Sabé had spent most of their time in hyperspace reading up on the region. ?Deysa have da medical fixins. But de mosta closest place would be da bazaar.?

?Bazaar??

?Nobody dere nowadays,? Dooji said knowingly. ?Big place. All deserted.?

Obi-Wan hesitated, torn. He wanted to get Sabé to shore as soon as possible. If there was nothing wrong with her, or only minor injuries, it was more than likely he or Master Caine would be able to help her. On the other hand, if something was seriously wrong, beyond his ability to heal her with the Force, they would waste time in the detour.

Master Caine spoke up. ?Dooji, is the bazaar on the way to the research station??

?Most ways, yah. Northaways, but not so far.?

?It wouldn?t be too far out of the way,? she advised Obi-Wan quietly. ?If we could avoid announcing our presence in public?? she trailed off.

?Then the whole point of sneaking in this way will be null and void,? he finished, his mouth set grimly.

?I have a feeling she?s fine, anyway. Her signature on the Force is steady.?

He?d noticed that as well. Slowly, he nodded. ?Very well, we?ll try your bazaar first, Dooji. Would you like to help Anakin find the way??

?For certin?.?

?And keep an eye out. There are still a lot of big fish in this pond.?

[hr]

The reception of Jon, Saché, and Laicha Kova back at Retisan Ranch could best be described as bizarre.

The yard was deserted as the dusty old speeder puttered through it and into the little-used family garage. Saché was quite resentful that she had been forced to sit through the entire journey in the backseat with their captive, keeping the blaster trained on her when she could have been alone in the front seat with Jon, who kept looking back at her with eyes so concerned she wanted to find the nearest cookie and give it to him as a reassurance. But there was something else behind them, something that gave her a growing inward hope that thrilled her cagey nerves.

Not even one second passed after Jon had parked the speeder before he was clambering out of the pilot?s seat and hastening to relieve Saché of her burden. His expression became one of darkness and pain when his eyes fell on his former assistant. Saché saw him struggle with something inside himself for a moment, and then he gritted his teeth and opened Laicha?s door. He took her upper arm to tug her out of the speeder, but the tug was not a violent one, and Saché breathed a sigh of relief. She hadn?t even realized she?d been holding it back. Laicha would not meet Jon?s eyes, and didn?t even look up when the sound of the door to the house behind them opening signaled the arrival of the greeting party? such as it was.

?Sac

17. Faerie_Ivy

Mar 16, 2004
    Ha-ha....first to comment! I think.

Well. I see Claria wasn't that upset that she wasn't included. More relieved to find them all in one piece, I'd say. And that's the Claria we're used to; so must sweeter.

Ah, I love Sabe. ?Ben, I?m going to kill you. And then your padawan.?

And the Sache/Jon? When their lips were a mere fraction of breath apart, she closed her eyes and whispered, ?We really are stupid, aren?t we?? *smiles* Maybe just a little.

And here I go, thinking you're just starting to wrap things up... Why Ceidron? Why not Arath, I mean, he's on the right side and all, but nobody knows him from Adam!

Such action these past few posts. For not being too keen on writing it, you do a fine job of it.

18. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wah! That's a horrible place to leave off on! But sigh, I guess it would be interesting to see how dear Claria deals with hardships. Interesting development... poor Richard, though, carrying Yvenne for so long. It's ironic, how she ends up with the prince... really Cinderella-y.

19. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Sache! Thou didst not tell me you had written more! *pout* LOVED it, hehehe Ceidron calling Yvenne Richard's girlfriend, lol! And Jon and Sache's kiss! OooOOo heheheh the medic interrupting was classic! Have I ever mentioned to you how much I hate Mirak???? I'm going to kill him. And Ceidron better not die here...and you, my dear Sache, know exactly why he must not. :D

MEAN way to end it, I applaud and hate you. ;)

MY Prince Richard is behaving perfectly...love the man. :D (So, when's he going to kiss Helaine? ;))

Need.More.NOW!!!!

20. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Ivy: "Such action these past few posts. For not being too keen on writing it, you do a fine job of it." You know, my co-author always says that, but in her case I think it's a ploy to get out of writing the battles. ;)

bobilll: Well, how do you know Yvenne ends up with the prince, eh? ;)

Lunita: The medic is actually a character from Battlestar Galactica who unexpectedly popped up in my story - grumpy ol' Doc Kottle. Trust me, if you watched the show you'd be able to hear him on those lines crystal clearly. LOL

"And Ceidron better not die here...and you, my dear Sache, know exactly why he must not." Oh do I, now? ;) :cool:

21. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    Frankly, I don't what to say. I'm not sure I'm even worthy of reviewing, you're just that good. And I don't think I have anything else to say. Except amazing, amazing, incredible chapter!

22. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Caught

Obi-Wan, Sabe, Ani, Helaine and Company... At first I was confused as to where they were..but now I see...the rescuers are here..will they get there in time to save Ciederon?

I do have to laugh at Ani's description of Sabe's state..that was funny...

Jon, Sache, Laicha uh oh..Lord Resitan doesn't seem happy but hopefully he'll see that Arath is the good son while Mirak is simply a bad seed.

Sache and Claria's interaction was cute...and what can I say about the Jon/Sache moment...dont' worry about being cliche...sometimes doing the sweep you of your feet moment is A-OK

Oh, I could sleep for a year,? she said with a satisfied sigh and closed her eyes, basking in comfort. Getting no response from Jon, however, she soon opened them again, only to find him staring at her like a man trying to find his way back from being lost

That was such a great description of Jon's journey....He was a man lost but now he's realized what he always needed...

....which I suspect is going to be similar to the relationship between Ciederon and Claria...if C-man gets shot (since its implied that he does)

Which brings me to Ciederon, Yvenne, and Richard

Richard--if she's not your girlfriend now she's going to be soon!
    Yvenne...she's such a great charachter!! I love the negotiating

As for the dramatic cliffie...well what can i expect from two of my favorite authors....

Hopefully Ciederon will be ok..

(BTW That was not short...it was perfect...)

Jade

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    He switched his aim to Ceidron Metz and fired. :eek: :eek:

I already told you: I hate you. You CAN'T leave it there!

24. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Ummm... Sache... Darling. You forgot the rest of the chapter... I know you did not leave us like this. Great, now I'm stressed.

*reclaims Richard and cuddles with him to "relieve stress"*

;)

25. joroqez312

joroqez312 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Anything new? This page hasn't been posted upon in in a month and a half... I figured I'd "bump" it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.