main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forget the Chinese Calendar...This is the Year of the Tiger!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by happypig, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happypig

happypig Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2009
    I don't know how many of you have been following the PGA TOUR so far this year, but Tiger Woods is on fire! He is putting like the Tiger that made me select my name, hitting the greens so close to the pin that it almost doesn't matter, and he is a lot more accurate with his drives so far this year. He has won every tournament that he has entered, and in only two official PGA TOUR events, he has nearly 1,000 more points toward the FedEx Cup than Phil Mickelson does in five events.

If Tiger is ever going to win the ever-elusive Grand Slam (all four majors in one calendar year), this is the year that it will happen. Tiger is on such a hot-streak right now that it will be very surprising if he doesn't win the Masters next month. The US Open is at Torrey Pines, which Tiger has won at seven times, so they might as well give him the trophy and the check right now. The Open Championship (British Open) is at Royal Birkdale, which Tiger has only played at once, but it is a set-up that he will do well in. Finally, the PGA Championship is at Oakland Hills, which is another Tiger Woods favorite.

Now, I'm not such a homer that I'm saying that Tiger Woods is a shooin for the Grand Slam, but if he is ever going to do it, the conditions are almost perfect this year for him to do so. You could say that the conditions are right for a perfect storm. And all I can say is I would love to see history made.

No advertising

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.