PT Forgot how sad Revenge of the Sith was

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Theron Solo, Apr 22, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    Also, Anakin looking off into the distance and saying "Something's happening..." is a mirco-second that really embodies the creeping feeling of inevitable dread that rolls up the spine of the flick.
    Samnz likes this.
  2. thesevegetables Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It was the only Star Wars movie that made me tear up.
    V-2 likes this.
  3. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [IMG] "You must train yourself to let go...."
    minnishe and GGrievous like this.
  4. Skelter Jedi Master

star 1
    I think the saddest part of the movie is how ****ing Stupid Anakin got. Really? I can keep your wife from dying if you go out there and kill all the jedi children, because that's the only way that you and I can both discover that power to stop death...Anakin has the IQ that's the equivalent to 20 pounds of homegrown dog [removed]...
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Apr 24, 2013
  5. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    It's a very hard movie to watch but a beautiful film in so many ways. The part that probably gets me the most is just after Obi-Wan says, "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you." You can just see the sadness and the shame on Anakin's face. They both nailed that scene IMO.
  6. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    @Darth Chiznuk Yeah. Imo I connect it with the micro series.

What a burn
    Last edited by GGrievous, Apr 24, 2013
    Sitara and SithStarSlayer like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    How so? I'm curious, I haven't seen the micro series in quite a while and don't remember much about it.
  8. Charlie512 Jedi Master

star 1
    It was a good movie. Aside from the (what I felt was) contrived fall of Anakin and the Jedi's elementary mistakes to make the story work. It has a lot of good and powerful moments. Definitely a sad movie. Watching the Jedi temple go down and the Jedi slaughtered was sickening. Watching the Jedi get shot down was so powerful It was all of the Jedi heroes dying, all of Star Wars dying. It was really sad. There is always hope that things will turn out ok at the end of the movie but seeing all of the Jedi die was one of those moments when you realize that this isn't going to happen. All the Jedi are dead and there's nothing anyone can do about it. That's part of the reason why I wish Anakin's fall and the Jedi's errors were written with less contrivance and handles more carefully. It makes me angry that all of this tragedy occurs without it having to be absolutely necessary within the story.

The ending was perfect though. Watching first Leia, but then Luke, be delivered is my favorite moment (along with ROTJ ending) in the entire saga. It gave me hope for the future. It gave me goosebumps. It showed me that Star Wars wasn't over, a new beginning was commencing. (Classic) Star Wars here I come.
    Last edited by Charlie512, Apr 24, 2013
  9. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Agreed. The "Immolation Scene" track at that point also really captures the feeling.
    Last edited by Jedi Gunny, Apr 24, 2013
    SithStarSlayer and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    Obi-Wan told Anakin, "It's time we became brothers." :p
    Darth Chiznuk and V-2 like this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Ah, I get it now. :)
    Last edited by Darth Chiznuk, Apr 25, 2013
    GGrievous likes this.
  12. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    "I'm not the jedi I should be; I want more."
    "-Obi-wan - may the force be with you.
    -May the force be with you as well. Goodbye old friend."
    "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you."
    "He must stand trial, I need him. No!"

And my favorite...

"-You turned her against me.
    -You have done that yourself.
    -You will not take her from me!
    -Your anger and your lust for power has already done that. You have allowed this, dark lord to twist your mind until now, until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.
    -Don't lecture me Obi-wan, I see through the lies of the jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new empire.
    -Your new empire?
    -Don't make me kill you.
    -Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!
    -If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.
    -Only a sith deals in absolutes, I will do what I must.
    -You will try."

So many incredible quotes in this movie. They tug at the heart.
  13. janstett Force Ghost

star 3
    Which reminds me, Luke sure got the raw end in that deal, didn't he? Leia gets to live in the lap of luxury on an idyllic planet as the child of wealthy royals -- and Luke gets to live in poverty with sand.
  14. Ambervikings91 Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah very sad film indeed
  15. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    "Anakin, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow."

That gets me every time. And when Padme dies...
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  16. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Actually, I remember hearing a review on Australian radio station Triple-J which, despite pointing out a few flaws (they trash anything 'big' as a matter of principle), praised the overwhelming atmosphere of sadness of the film.

It's one of the reasons I love ROTS - the public expected Darth Vader hacking & slashing his way around for a solid proportion of the film, but GL executed the third act of his tragedy exactly the way it should have been done. A mirror image of Luke completing his journey in ROTJ.
    Son of a Bith likes this.
  17. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
  18. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    Nooo! She can't be dead! She's to pretty to die!!! =((
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
Moderators: Bazinga'd