main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forgotten Heart An Obi-Wan on Earth story. JA AU Note to readers.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediANGELA, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Title: Forgotten Heart
    Author(s): JediANGELA
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Oc's
    Genre: Angst, Action/Adventure
    Keywords: Earth, Padawan, Hope
    Summary: After being rejected by Qui-Gon as a Padawan, Obi-Wan is transported to earth, where Qui-Gon looks for him.
    Notes: I know that this has been done before, but I wanted it to be done my way. This is also very heavy in angst.

Disclaimer: All familiar characters dont belong to me.

The world as he knew it was over. Or at least that?s what twelve-year old Obi-Wan Kenobi thought as he sat with his head on his knees on his bed. He was going to be thirteen in two weeks, and not one master had even approached him about becoming their Padawan. Obi-Wan was so lost. He didn?t know what to do anymore. He knew that his future was in the Agri-Corps, but deep down inside he knew that he was meant to be a Jedi. Obi-Wan looked around his room. Nothing he saw could cheer him up. He glanced over at his dresser and there lay his lightsaber. In two weeks, he no longer would be able to hold it. He decided to make the best of it as he grabbed it and walked to the training room.

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn walked along the halls of the Jedi Temple. He hadn?t been there in four years, ever since Xanatos turned to the Dark Side. He always convinced the council to send him on one mission after another. During his comms to the Temple, his former Master, Yoda always tried to convince to come back and choose another Padawan. But always Qui-Gon refused. After Xanatos had turned, he vowed never to choose another Padawan.

Lost in his own thoughts, Qui-Gon soon found himself inside one of the training rooms. In there was an intinate who looked to be of age of apprenticeship. The boy had ginger hair, and from what Qui-Gon could see, gray-green eyes that pierced the sky whenever they were open. The boy was practicing the first and second katas, but they weren?t perfect, far from it. Qui-Gon decided he would give the boy some pointers; after all, he had no intentions of taking an apprentice.

?That?s not how to do it, boy.? Qui-Gon said startling the boy.

?I know,? said the boy, ?no one ever showed me how, Master uh?umm??

?Jinn,? replied Qui-Gon. Taking out his lightsaber.

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened at that. The best swordsman in the whole order was here in the temple and taking the time to help him, a lonely, failed intinate. Amazing!

?Watch me, Intinate?what did you say your name was??

Obi-Wan grimaced at that. ?Kenobi, Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

It was Qui-Gon?s turn to smile. He knew the young intinate as a young child, that one little boy was the closest thing he would ever have to a son. Xanatos had a solo year long mission before his trials and that left Qui-Gon alone in the temple. One day he was walking along a hallway and nearly tripped over a two year old intinate that had wandered away from the crèche. That sparked one of the happiest times in Qui-Gon?s life. Obi-Wan was always coming to see him. And whenever he was sick, Obi-Wan wanted Qui-Gon to take care of him, not one of the crèche masters. When Xanatos turned, Qui-Gon went to Obi-Wan and told him goodbye, he thought he would never see him again. But that same young man was standing next to him. Why didn?t he show any sign of recognition? It frightened Qui-Gon. He gently probed the young man?s mind and came across the normal childhood forgotten memory block. Qui-Gon sighed. What was in the past was in the past.

Qui-Gon proceeded to show him how to perform the kata. Next to him, a not so little intinate was smiling widely.

?Now its your turn, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said gently.

Something inside of Qui-Gon was screaming at him that he was doing what he loved the most, teaching. But the thing on top was telling him, no. But, this was the same boy who?no. He would not.

?I?I? have to go Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said quickly and ran from the training room.

Behind him, a young man began to cry?

2. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
    good job

....ok....now that I say something stupid it lets me post grrr.

anyway, I'm not much for critiquing but you did really well!

3. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    here is the second part. dont worry this is far from over.

Qui-Gon ran from the training room and never looked back. It hurt too much to even think of the little boy who was not so little anymore. He had no clue where he was going; he passed a variety of people in the hall, including one meddling Master Yoda, who shook his head when he saw his former Padawan run down the hall. Master Yoda smiled to
    himself as he walked to the training room where Young Kenobi still was.

?Ben, Ben!? a young girl?s voice in his mind cried.

? Huh? What?? Obi-Wan replied.

?Ben!?

?Owwwwwww!? Obi-Wan came to his senses rather quickly from the strike of the gimmer stick to his shin.

?So sure are you?? Yoda asked him.

Obi-Wan could only stare at him. He held his head in response to the splitting headache that befell him. Using the Force, Master Yoda sent him a sleep suggestion, and brought him back to his quarters. Stopping to call Obi-Wan?s lightsaber to him. Yoda proceeded to tuck Obi-Wan in and left the room quietly. Before closing the door, Yoda turned around to look at Obi-Wan.

?My former padawan and this intinate, meant for each other, they are. Not liking this, the Force is,? Master Yoda thought as he shut the door and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, a light not having a source began to glow in the intinate?s room. The light was first white, and then it turned a brilliant shade of yellow. It hovered around the sleeping young man until Obi-Wan was completely surrounded by it. The light then went inside Obi-Wan and into his mind, and into his heart. It wasn?t a harmful light, just a light that seemed to have a purpose, a mindset, a light brought by the Force.

A sweet-sounding voice came out of nowhere. ?This boy?s destiny is not where it?s heading. He was meant for greater things. I am taking this boy away to a better place where he can live a carefree life and not have any worries.?

As abruptly as it started, the voice silenced. And the light began to glow brighter and brighter and brighter until it spilled out from the room by the space between the frame and the door itself. The light became so bright that the sleeping boy on the bed was no longer visible among the light?s beaming path. Then as quickly as the light started, it faded into nothingness. When a curious Knight peeked into the room, the intinate known as Obi-Wan Kenobi was gone. The only thing that remanded of him was a lightsaber lying on the dresser. The Knight ran to get the crèche masters and the council?

?Ben!? a woman?s voice sounded downstairs.

?Just a few minutes long?? his voice was muffled by the pillows.

?Ben, you?ll be late. Your sisters are both ready to go.?

?Go, where?? Ben shouted.

?Benjamin Adam Davidson, you have until the count of three to get down here, or else I?m coming up! 1...1 1/4 ?1 ½ ?.2?2 ½ ?.. 2 ¾?

?I?m up, I?m up!? Ben replied, as he broke the record for fastest time getting dressed. Brushing his ginger hair back and grabbing his backpack. He ran half-way down the stairs and somersaulted down the rest. Landing in front of a disgruntled mother, an angry twin sister, and a younger sister whose facial expression matched her older sister.

?Benjamin Adam, I?m not going to tell you again. No somersaulting!?

?Yes, mom,? he said putting his head down.

His mother handed him a five dollar bill for lunch. He looked and saw that his twin sister, Jennifer already had money. His little sister Carly was only seven and had to bag her lunch everyday. He gave a grim smile to her. ?Nice going, Benny!?

Ben hated to be called Benny; it reminded him of the crèche. He paused at that thought. What in the world is the crèche? He shrugged it off as being something his mind made up. He walked to the family mini van as his mother drove them to school.

When they got to Woodlawn Middle School, Jennifer and him got out of the van and ran up the stairs. Luckily they were only 3 minutes late, so they ran to their lockers

4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    This is going to be very complicated for young Obi-Wan ;)

The plot bunny's interesting, and the style shows promise.

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Hmmmm this should be fun to read :)

6. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I should have the next chapter up some time tonight. just got to hand it off to my betas...

7. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    This story looks interesting.

8. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This does look interesting. I wonder how the Jedi will find Kenobi and if the Force will even allow it.

~Bek

9. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    heres the next post. sorry it took so long.

The Temple was frantic. No one knew how a twelve-year old boy could disappear into thin air. Every single Council member was involved, and every master, knight, and padawan was on the search.

One such Master was frantic. It was Qui-Gon Jinn. He knew that somehow he was responsible for the missing boy. He was assigned to watch the Temple security cameras and see if Obi-Wan had perhaps left the Temple. But the cameras so far had turned up negative. Something inside of Qui-Gon was telling him to go check out Young Obi-Wan?s room. He left the security room and walked to the lift and pressed the button to go the level where the intinates are housed. Qui-Gon either was oblivious, or didn?t seem to care about the light that was surrounding him. The light was glowing brighter and brighter until Qui-Gon was surrounded by it?

?Ben! Ben!? a voice yelled from behind the ginger haired boy, who was walking to lunch with Peter next to him.

He turned around and saw his sister and her friend Amanda coming towards him.

?Whaaaaaat?? he asked in a very childish voice.

Jen, as she liked to be called gave him a lopsided grin that made the Davidson twins two one of the most popular kids in the seventh grade. ?Sit with us; I have to talk to you.?

?Uh oh, Ben. Looks like trouble,? replied Peter in a mocking voice.

?I know, seems like I am from my younger sister! ? he laughed from this, and offered his hand in a high five to Peter, who accepted it with glee.

?By a mere two minutes,? Jen said sarcastically.

The four of them proceeded to find a table, where they put their stuff down to claim it. They then went to go buy their lunches. Ben followed his sister down the lunch line, but he couldn?t shake the feeling that this was all new to him, like he has never done this before. But that was impossible. He could remember all the ways back to his first birthday party where their parents had costumed Sesame Street characters come. Big Bird scared him, and he cried so hard that he caused a riot with the other children that were there. Jen was the only one who didn?t cry.

He soon found himself at the table sitting next to his sister and across from Peter. ?What was that you wanted to talk to me about?? He asked his sister.

?This morning. You never do that.?

Ben was puzzled. ?What do you mean??

?Oversleeping, its always you waking me up, not the other way around. And we only stayed up till 11 yesterday.?
    Ben opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. He never got up in the morning, what was Jen talking about? He never had a chance to respond when Amanda asked Peter about gym, the only class the four of them had together. Ben smiled at the change of subject and joined in the conversation.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Mr. Davidson! Mr. Davidson!? a young man wearing a suit said to Qui-Gon as he stepped out of the lift.

Qui-Gon looked at the man like he was crazy. He looked up and saw that he had stepped into an office of some kind. It had a giant window overlooking a giant city with a primitive form of transportation on the street below. He walked over the desk and almost had a heart attack. On it were pictures of him and a woman and three kids. Two girls and a boy that looked so much like Obi-Wan Kenobi that it hurt. On closer look, he gasped. It was the missing boy, Obi-Wan Kenobi. He fainted with the thought, What is going on here?

10. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Promising. And the plot gets thicker.

11. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    So Qui-Gon gets to be Obi-Wan's father on this planet? Wonder if the Force will take away his memories too, and replace them with false ones.

~Bek

12. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    This looks good can't wait for more.

13. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Very interesting! I love AU stories, seeing as there's so much room for inventive plots. :D

14. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, the force works in complicated ways indeed! This story has a very interesting start so far! I hope the force is kind enough to give Obi-Wan his memories back! And will Qui-Gon retain his memories? This is going to be complicated. Because it seemed that Obi-Wan was automatically used to his new life, while Qui-Gon is obviously in a "what the heck is going on here" kind of mindset. Qui-Gon has to keep his memories, otherwise what will happen? They don't belong there! Do Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon still have their force capabilities? Otherwise, how will Qui-Gon convince his "son," out of the blue, that they are actually from another world, and they are really jedi? Does Star Wars exist on this earth? I forsee some strange looks from Obi-Wan directed to his "father." Anyways, good idea!

15. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Im so surprised to see so many reviews. Im working on the next post now. Im going to try to ship it off to the betas tonight. If I dont, it will be sunday then. Im going to Richmond for the weekend. I promise it wont be late this time!

>Angela

16. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Have fun in Richmod.

17. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    I have to say this is one of the most unique AU plots I've ever seen. Really interesting. :)

18. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Ill have the next sometime later when the sun comes up. I came back around 11:30, and I realized i did the post all wrong. Im not sure because im so sleepy or if it is wrong. Ill fix it tomorrow, and hopefully have it up tomorrow too.

19. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    He awoke with the sound of the fan turning full blast. ?Wha, wha, happened?? asked Qui-Gon, who found himself lying on a couch in the office he had previously stepped into.

?You fainted,? replied the same young man who had greeted him when he came out of the elevator.

Qui-Gon moaned as he tried sitting up. There was now a young woman in the room. ?Are you alright, Mr. Davidson?? she asked.

?I wasn?t feeling well, yesterday,? he lied.

?Do you want me to call Darlene?? asked the young woman.

Qui-Gon looked at her like she was crazy, who was Darlene. He didn?t want any outside help. But then he realized she may the key to the boy in the picture, and the missing initiate from the Temple. He nodded weakly.

The young woman smiled. ?Charlie, stay with him,? she said, signaling to the young man who had greeted him in the elevator.

Charlie looked at her like she was the most evil of Sith, ?Sure thing Miss Evelyn Brown.?

She sighed real loudly as she walked off to call the mysterious Darlene. While she was gone, Qui-Gon decided to play along with the façade that he seemed to be in. But the thing is though he had no clue who everyone was. He must have been placed into the façade with amnesia. It was time to do some detective work. He must have caught Charlie?s eye somehow. For Charlie was just watching him very closely.

?Charlie, do you remember anything before I came upstairs?? Qui-Gon asked.

?What do you mean? Mr. Davidson??

Qui-Gon looked at him. He had to do this discreetly, yet in a way to express himself. He decided just to come out and say it. ?I don?t remember who I am.?

Charlie looked at him for a second, then as he realized what Qui-Gon had said, ran out of the room to go tell Evelyn to call Darlene and a doctor. Leaving Qui-Gon to search the room?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gym class was intense, Ben thought as the bell rang to go to the next class, which was math. Ben groaned. Math, he hated everything about it. Luckily, he had Amanda there who seemed to know her way around the numbers. He took his seat next to him, and the teacher started class. Mr. Turner or as the whole school liked to call him, ?The Frog? for when he coughed, he sounded like he was croaking like a frog. He had just told the class to take out their homework when the class telephone rang. Mr. Turner went to go answer it.

?Mr. Turner.?

The class leaned in to see if they could hear anything coming from the phone, they usually could. But today they couldn?t.

?I?ll tell him. Is that all??

The class all looked at one another, what ever it was it couldn?t be good. Mr. Turner hung up the phone and walked over to his desk and pull out the pad of hall passes. Whatever it was, it couldn?t be good. Some guy was taking a trip somewhere.

?Mr. Davidson,? Mr. Turner said.

Amanda looked at Ben, with the look that said ?What did you do?? Ben shrugged.

?Take your books, Ben,? said Mr. Turner.

Ben began to look petrified, what did he do that required him to take a trip which looked like to the principal?s office. He handed his homework to Amanda. ?Remember what you did, did you?? a voice deep within Ben?s mind said, coming out of nowhere. Ben gave a single thought to it. It sounded like one of the most annoying voices he had ever heard. He didn?t give a second thought to it as he didn?t hear it again. Ben picked up his books and went up to the desk.

Mr. Turner spoke softly to him. ?Go to the main office. I don?t know why, just hurry.?

Ben nodded, and left the room. Amanda gave Mr. Turner a look that said, ?What did he do?? ?Do you have a problem, Miss Anderson??

Amanda was quick to respond, ?No sir!?

?Good, now class exchange your homework papers??

When Ben arrived at the office that was so far away from his math class it reminded him of going to see the Council. What is the Council? he thought. He walked into the office and saw that Jennifer was already there.

?Hey, s

20. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Great job keep it up. Poor Ben and Jen if I were them I would freakout if my dad lost his memory. More soon.

21. The_Hutt

Jan 7, 2004
    Oooh! Qui-Gon can't remember either! Well, what a predicament everyone is going to be in now! For some reason, I just can't imagine Qui-Gon walking around in a business suit with a brief case. Weird. Anyways, good job, and keep posting!

22. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I can *imagine* it, but not easily, lol! This is really excellantly written! :)

23. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I should have the next post up sometime tomorrow. BTW-If anyone wants to submit their JA fanfics to my site, let me know!

24. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Great job! Can't wait to see how Qui will react to seeing Obi again.

25. The_Hutt

Jan 7, 2004
    Oy! Postie? Postie? Come on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.