main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forgotten Heart An Obi-Wan on Earth story. JA AU Note to readers.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediANGELA, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    I may have the post up late tonight. Im in the process of trying to find housing close to campus for next year since I cant live on campus due to a housing screw up, and its taking up a lot of time.

2. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Sorry this took so long. Ive been livin la vida loca lately. Its short, but I promise the next one will be much longer.

Qui-Gon couldn?t believe all of the fuss these people were making over him. They were making such a big deal of a little amnesia. Okay, so it was bad, but they were panicking; it was almost like he was this big, powerful person who could send them to prison for life if he wanted. He was now in what looked like the healer?s ward of the Jedi Temple, but only it was a separate building. There were people coming in and out of the room he was brought to, checking up on him, and asking him questions that he couldn?t answer or else risk exposing himself as not being who these people thought he was. At that moment, a blonde-haired woman came running into the room, in a frenzy of panic.

?Conner! Oh, Conner!? she said, throwing her arms around him.

Qui-Gon looked at her. She had blonde hair, just like the woman had in the picture. And from what he could deduce, Darlene was his wife, and was obviously the woman in the picture, and that same woman was hugging him now. He decided to play the role of the true amnesia victim, that he knew nothing, in order to find the missing Initiate and bring him back where he belonged.

?Who are you?? Qui-Gon asked.

The woman looked like she was about to cry. Actually, the tears were already falling. Just this morning, her husband had kissed her and the still sleeping children goodbye and went to work. She didn?t know what happened after that; all she knew was that he?d fainted and lost his memory. From her teachings as a RN, she knew she had to take it slow. She never had to experience the pain she was experiencing now.

?I?m Darlene Davidson, Conner,? she all but whispered.

Qui-Gon had a moment of something. It was like something in the back of his mind said that he should recognize this woman, that he has met her before. But he knew that he hadn?t. He was a Jedi Master of the Republic. He had never married, and the only job that he ever held was a Jedi, as he was trained from infancy. But in order to fulfill this mission, he had to play along.

?I?I?I?m sorry, I don?t recognize you.?

Now the tears really began to fall. She was paranoid, and all of her training was hiding from her at that moment. There were fast moving footsteps in the hall, and a voice.

?Carly, Jennifer, Benjamin, wait!? a woman?s voice sounded.

Darlene breathed a sigh of relief. The children were here. ?Its okay, Evelyn,? she said, raising her voice a little, letting go of Qui-Gon and taking a seat in the chair that was next to the bed.

Three kids came into the room at that moment. Each of them had a solemn expression on their faces. Carly was first to make a move. ?Mommy, Daddy!? she yelled as she ran and jumped onto of Qui-Gon.
    ?Oomph!? Qui-Gon said, as he stared into the cerulean blue eyes of Carly. Qui-Gon gasped as he realized that he was looking into his own color eyes. He turned to the boy and girl standing in the doorway, Darlene must have seen him staring. ?It?s okay, you two,? she said with a wave of her hand.

The twins came closer and just stared at their father. ?Mom, does he remember us?? Jen asked, as she saw that her father showed no recognition of any one of his kids.

Darlene just cried and pulled her oldest daughter towards her. Ben couldn?t stand it any longer. He just said some words that would be illegal in the Temple and in school and ran out of the hospital room. Darlene just stared as her only son ran from the room. Qui-Gon, on the other hand, couldn?t believe he heard those words from Obi-Wan Kenobi, one of the best initiates at the Temple. If Qui-Gon had any doubts that that was the missing initiate, they were gone now. The same eyes, the same hair, and the same accent that in later years would make the girls scream at him. Actually, now that he heard it, all three of the children that came with Evelyn had the same accent. He shifted in weight as if he was going to run after Ben, but the little bundle of energy on him wouldn?t let go.

3. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Is the Force going to erase Qui's memory too?

4. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Only time will tell!

5. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Ah, how cute. And how disturbing for Qui-Gon! Seeing the former Jedi who is obviously Obi-Wan living in this strange world and calling him "Dad." Anyways, great post!

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Uh...more disturbing for his "family" who had a father until that day. :(

But this is wonderful, keep it up!!

7. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    How sad for the children. *sniff, sniff* I hope the force doesn't take Qui-gon's memory.

8. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Ill have a huge next post ready for the weekend, and itll be full of angst.

9. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Can't wait! ;)

10. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    This is the first of two today!

Ben ran as fast as he could from the hospital room that held his father. He took turn after turn, stairway after stairway, elevator after elevator, going up and down as he pleased, until he found himself in front of the nursery that held the newborn babies. He looked at the babies, trying to remember if he was ever that young. His earliest memory was of him and Jennifer and his parents at Walt Disney World. Carly wasn?t even born yet. He wished he could remember being that small.

With the Force, reach out, and remember memories long forgotten, you will, said a voice in his head.

The voice sounded so familiar, yet so unfamiliar. Something inside of Ben was saying that he should remember the voice, but everything that Ben knew to be true was telling him otherwise. He turned his thoughts to the babies in the nursery. They were so little, and so perfect. Some of them had name tags on them. One of them was Siri Wallace. Siri, did he know a Siri? That name sounded so familiar, yet so not. Another one was Michael Garen Smith. Garen? Again, that name sounded familiar.

?Ben! There you are!? a voice sounded out of nowhere.

Ben looked around, and saw his mother coming toward him. She saw where he was, and walked over to stand besides him. She put her arm around him. ?You were born here, you know,? she said softly to him.

Ben looked at his mother. ?I was?? he asked.

?Just two minutes before your sister,? she said with a smile. ?You should have seen your father. He was smiling so widely. He was actually the first one to hold you.? Her smile increased at the memory long forgotten.

Ben was at lost for words. ?I?I?I?never knew,? he said solemnly.

Darlene took her hand and placed it on her son?s chin, and raised it so that Ben was looking right at her. ?That?s because we never told you. It never came up,? she said.

Ben looked at her. ?Oh, Mom,? he said as he threw himself into her arms. Darlene hugged him for all he was worth.

She kissed the top of his head. ?Ben, oh my Ben, my little boy.?

He looked up at her and smiled. ?Ben, we need to be strong for your father. Can you do that??

There was no question in Ben?s mind. ?Yes, I can,? he said with all of the determination of a Jedi Initiate who was battling to be chosen as a Padawan.

Together they walked back to the room where ?Conner Davidson? was. Darlene smiled when she walked in the room; Conner was awake and talking to Charlie and Evelyn, with Jen and Carly on him. She couldn?t tell if her girls were awake or not.

?I?m sorry to break up this party, but I have someone here who has something to say,? Darlene said.

The trio stopped their talking. And they all looked at the boy who had run from the room just a few minutes ago. Ben hated to be put on the spot. It was when he did the worst.

?I?I just wantedtosayI?msorry!? he said, merging his words together.

?Huh?? said Charlie.

Evelyn smacked him. He could be so odd at times. She had no idea why Mr. Davidson hired him. She guessed it was because they?ve been friends since childhood living in St. Louis. Now they were both living in Vienna, Virginia, Conner raising a family, and Charlie wooing the ladies. She shook her head.

Ben looked like he was about to cry. He ran and joined his sisters on top of Qui-Gon. At least I got him to come to me, thought Qui-Gon. He turned to look at ?his wife.? She shrugged, as a quartet of doctors came into the room.

One of them, Dr. Brown who was the head doctor in the hospital, spoke. ?It is in Conner?s best interest that he return home. Familiar surroundings may trigger lost memories of amnesia victims. Here are the release papers. I wouldn?t recommend him going to work until he at least starts to remember some things.?

Dr. Brown handed Darlene the papers, as everyone began to stand. The children hopped off Qui-Gon rather quickly, as he got up.

This will give me time to find out what exactly is going on here, thought Qui-Gon, and perhaps a way to find a way home for me and Obi-Wan.

11. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Yay, finally! Another post! The plot is thickening! :D

12. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Ok so Qui-gon gets to go "home". Wow this is getting good. And I love the touch with Obi-wan hearing the voices in his head. More soon.

13. The_Hutt

Jan 7, 2004
    Ooh, another postie! This was a good one. Maybe a little "head trauma" would help Obi-Wan's memory! J/k, Qui-Gon is going to have to do a bit of Father/Jedi Master bonding with his son/future padawan. How interesting!

14. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    sorry about not posting the second post, saturday. i got pulled away from the pc, and somehow i lost what i had written. ill try to have a double post with responses up tomorrow!

15. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I have bad news to my readers. I wont be finishing this story here. Ill be posting it on Ep3.net under JediJerseyLady and on FF.net. I have decided to leave the JC due to some people not being respectful to other people's beliefs.

Thank you all for reading it here, even though I never responded to you guys directly its you the readers that keep me writing.

Thank you all again, and hope to see you guys on Ep3 and ff.net.

16. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
  17. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Bye we will miss you alot :(
    I'll keep reading it!

18. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    *de-lurks*

Awwwwwww.... :(

19. The_Hutt

Jan 7, 2004
    Ach! How sad! Well, I guess I'll have to visit those other sites...why can't we all just get along! waaa!

20. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    We miss you, Angie. :(

21. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    I'd like to continue reading this story.

I could do it on ff.n but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to get to ep3.net? is it part of tf.n?

Velo

22. Jedi_Knight_Leila

Jedi_Knight_Leila Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    This was updated yesterday at ff.net and EP3. The link to ep3 is here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.