main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

forgotten moments of greatness

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by KnightWriter, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    QMAOFT.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I daresay that no single NFL team in history is talked about more on a yearly basis than the 1972 dolphins. if i wanted to, i could probably come up with a dozen articles that mention them from every year, going back to at least 1990 (when there were two 10-0 teams).

they toast themselves every year, are generally arrogant and should be talked about less, not more.

That's a quote from Nick Buoniconti.

not that he has a vested interest in the subject. There are plenty of teams that don't get talked about much that were great for their time, but that history has forgotten. They ain't one of them.

thank you very much.

3. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    "I daresay that no single NFL team in history is talked about more on a yearly basis than the 1972 dolphins. if i wanted to, i could probably come up with a dozen articles that mention them from every year, going back to at least 1990 (when there were two 10-0 teams)."

Where are you getting that there talked about every year? I live in Miami, and they have never had a story written about them every single year; nor did the news talk abou them that much either. What was Talked about the most, was: Dan Marino. But ifyou say that they have written stories about them every single year...show me...I'd really like to see this.

"they toast themselves every year, are generally arrogant and should be talked about less, not more."

What have you been reading? What article or magazine told you this? That they toast them self every single year? I know some of the games we've honor the players and the team, but this is not a yearly thing that's done. I seriously doubt every single year they get together to toast that moment. Just as I seriously doubt there has been something written about them for the last 10 or 15 years (straight). But hey if you can show me that, by all means, show me. I take it you're reffering to Mercury as been arrogant, right? I know it was either him or Paul that was alittle arrogant on the Rome show, but generally must of the players were supportive of the Colts. Either way you're going to get your mix reviews. So if you can, please do, show me some of those articles...As big fan of Dolphins, I enjoy reading articles about them. Especially the 1972 team... Not that I don't have must of the articles already (some new ones would be nice)...Thank you so very much... Good Knight, Rider...

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't know about articles that are strictly about the '72 Dolphins, but they certainly get their fair share of being mentioned. Especially any time a team starts 8-0 (or better) everybody keeps asking "Can they match the '72 Dolphins?" again and again, and the longer they stay undefeated, it just multiplies. It really happens for the last team to be undefeated in a season, but just intensifies when they reach/top 8-0 or so. There certainly was a TON of talk about them last year when the Colts started 13-0 (I think it was 13..). Sure, thats not talking about the '72 Dolphins directly, but its still mentioning them, which is a heck of a lot more than most other things from this thread.

5. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    To me this is better than any championship. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDsigCRtoyg

6. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    you're joking right?

Anytime a team reaches 8-0 and the undefeated talks begin, the 72 dolphins are brought up. This happens every year... and ESPN doesn't help much either.

And yes, the 72 dolphins get together every year when the last undefeated team loses so they can toast themselves for being so cool and great and crap.

7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    To me this is better than any championship. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDsigCRtoyg

brilliant.

i watched that live in 1992, and i couldn't really appreciate or understand it as i can now.

8. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    You learned Japanese. ;)

No I agree, it's a very emotional moment.

9. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    the saints scoring on a miracle play and the John Carney shanks the PAT, if someone can find it on youtube than link me to it.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2w75n567ok

I'll forget that the day I forget the Music City Miracle. Was privileged to be watching both live.

11. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    I saw the music city miracle live, for the River city relay my family was driving to Louisiana to visit family and we heard it live on the radio. When we got to my grandparents house it was all over the news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.