main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Forgotten Realms] - MMM - Memories (Drizzt/Catti-brie)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Jade_Max, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Apologies in advance for spelling mistakes on names; I think I misspelled a couple of them, but I don't have the books in front of me to check. :/

Disclaimer: It?s Wizards of the Coast and R.A Salvatore?s sandbox, I?m simply destroying the sandcastles

[b]Title:[/b] Memories
    [b]Author: [/b] Jade_Max
    [b]Characters:[/b] Drizzt Do'Urden, Catti-brie & Guenhwyvar
    [b]Fandom:[/b] Forgotten Realms
    [b]Genre:[/b] Monday Mush Mainia Fic!
    [b]Timeframe: [/b] Takes place after "The Pirate King" but before "The Ghost King", and reflects back to (non-canon) events after Wulfgar's 'demise' but before his return.
    [b]Summary: [/b] Now married, Drizzt & Catti-brie reflect on a moment of their past not unlike the ones they now share...
    [b]Note:[/b] Haven't officially played with this couple yet, but I have to say I was never as delighted with a pairing as I was with this one when it [i]officially[/i] became canon; enjoy!

[b]If you're looking for an action fic - this isn't it.[/b]

[b][u]Memories[/u][/b]

[i]"Guen!"[/i]

Swatting at the drow with one massive paw, Guenhwyvar sailed over his head to land gracefully on a nearby outcropping, the haunch that had just moments before been in his hand, now swinging in her mouth. She turned, regarding the elf who held her magical figurine - the finest Master she'd ever had - with intelligent eyes that seemed to dare him to make her.

"You know as well as I do you're not going to eat our dinner," Drizzt crossed his hands over his chest and regarded his feline companion with exasperation. "Give it back."

"You won't win," laughed the red-haired woman poking at the fire of their campsite several yards behind Drizzt. "It's been too long since you called her to play."

"I'd [i]hoped[/i]," Drizzt tossed back without glancing over his shoulder, his eyes never leaving the panther "to have some time alone with my wife."

Catti-brie's throaty, full laugh was nearer as she approached from behind. "It's been too long since it was just the three of us; right Guen?"

The panther sat, dropping the haunch delicately on her front paws, to ensure it wasn't dirtied, and growled as if agreeing with the human.

"See?"

Drizzt wisely held his tongue about stubborn females as his wife coaxed Guenhwyvar from her ledge and recovered their dinner. He waited for Catti-brie to leave he and Guen to place their meal over the fire - and lunged at the cat as Catti-brie moved beyond range.

Guenhwyvar moved in the same instant he did, turning to accept the hit, and rolling to take them both to the ground.

Playful bites and swats of her paws were accompanied with growls and laughter as they wrestled. Rolling, spinning and scrambling, Drizzt realized the truth in his wife's words as he played with the panther. Except Guen wasn't the only one who'd missed their play sessions; had his life truly become that busy he couldn't take time to spend with his friends? No matter; it was something he'd rectify this trip back to Mithril Hall. The great cat eventually pinned him, running her rough tongue across the side of his face affectionately, and Drizzt conceded as he made to push her off.

"I never thought I'd see the day when I was jealous of you and Guen."

Both black faces turned Catti-brie's way at her amused observation, Guenhwyvar's ears perked forward attentively.

"Cat?"

Her tease was delivered almost deadpan. "You never play with [i]me[/i] like that anymore; why shouldn't I be jealous?"

Not one hundred percent certain if she was speaking about him or the cat, Drizzt started to reply - but Guenhwyvar beat him to it. Leaping away, she made to swat Catti-brie with the swipe of her great paws. Still on the ground, Drizzt pushed himself up on one elbow to watch Guenhwyvar include his wife in their play, the cat turning Catti-brie his way with bats of her paws and a shove of her head. Stumbling and overbalanced by the great cat's ploy, Catti-brie didn't even try to do more than direct her momentum his way.

Seeing she would fall short, Drizzt dropped to his back and rolled - and was promptly smothered in laughing woman. Not

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww luvy dove! Loved it! (despite my anger that her and Wulfgar never got back together... :mad: but then again, the poor guy did go thru a lot and juz couldn't get it back together, so to speak:_|. He has always [besides Bruenor :D he's my other fave] been a fave character of mine in those books)

Great work! Loved Guen :D she's such a hoot!

3. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

You know, it's weird - I've always like Cat better with Drizzt *shrug* but her and Wulfgar were cute in the beginning ;)

Thanks for reading... I'm of the same opinion on Guen - she's so funny sometimes when she doesn't have to be in battle.

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I remember Drizzt D'uordon. (Or however his name is spelled. :p ) I read the comic books years ago. My brother forced me to, saying how great the series was and he was right, of course.

I really enjoyed this little fic. Mush is always good. [face_love]
    And I have a vague memory of Cattie-brie as well.

Time to dig out those old comic books. :p

5. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    He's not really a character you forget, eh? Fabulous comics - the novels are better ;) I find the comics almost always come up short somewhere when I'm imagining things...

Thanks for reading, I had a lot of fun with this little Vig!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.