main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Former President Ronald Reagen dies. 6/5/4

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jedi_master_sal, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Regardless of your political affiliation, I hope that you will take a moment to reflect on the passing of Ronald Reagan.

For me, he was the President I "grew up" with. I respected him.

He took great strides for our country and the world. As demonstrated by the tearing down of the Berlin wall.

Some trivia about the man:

He was our 40th President.

He was the oldest man to be elected as president.

He was the oldest lived president at 93.

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

2. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag]

*bows head*

3. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Ronald, you will be missed.

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow. This was unexpected, at least it was to me.

He was the first President I remember hearing about as a child, and I sorta "grew up" with him too.

And yes, he will be missed.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    and I sorta "grew up" with him too.

Me too. It is sad to see him go but he is in a much better place now. God bless [face_flag].

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    This was unexpected, at least it was to me.
    Unexpected? The man's health had been slowly fading over the last few years, and while sad...it was a matter of time.

I remember Reagan as being the president of my childhood, remember he got shot, had a thing for jelly-beans, was involved with something call "Star Wars" (having nothing to do with the movie), was involved with some big court thing (Iran-Contra)where people said he'd done something bad, and he was the face on TV trying to make people feel better after the Space Shuttle blew up? It's funny how a child's perspective views the world around them.

Later on, you hear more about both the good and the bad of his presidency...so I try to keep who and what he was in perspective. Either way, his passing is a sad thing and he'll be missed.

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Unexpected? The man's health had been slowly fading over the last few years, and while sad...it was a matter of time.

Um, I didn't know he was 93, and I really don't keep tabs on former Presidents. I didn't know he had health problems. I don't know about anyone else, but in college with my experiences with John Carroll, it becomes its own little bubble and you lose sight of a lot of the world outside of it. Then something happens and brings you back to the rest of the world. This is one of those instances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.