main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Formula 1.................oh yeh its back ! ! !

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Lord_IceMan, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_IceMan

Lord_IceMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Well its that time again when we all sit down and watch the fastest people on earth trash each other for the greatest honour.....

being the FIA FORMULA 1 WORLD CHAMPION !!!

if you need to find out what happening in any department of the world of formula 1 visit

www.f1gamers.com

i have a game called Grand Prix 4: its brilliant i post screenies tonight.

come on guys lets go Karting

2. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3RJ6QT2Y8XLBE16P6QVN1MRHPR

a reminder of last year by me....

3. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    match in the gas tank...boom boom

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    that was great to watch! LOL at the farce in indy (again!).

bring on sunday, 10.30am.

but, what has happened to jim rosenthal? it was the dude who does the golf on bbc2 on the trailer yesterday.

5. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    who nwatched the race......very impressive start.

6. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    i watched it. it was great! love the new qualifying sessions too, although i feel they are over complicating things (as usual). gutted that schuey didn't win, but i am well chuffed that ferrari is competitive again.

7. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    LordIceMan: Dude, seriously, don't even try to compete against me on GP4!! I taught Geoff Crammond everything he knows. I'm a god at that game, I cannot be beaten. Though I haven't played it for quite some years now. But the Microsoft F1 games are the best i've ever played and they are the games that got me into F1 in the first place. Your probably too young to remember, but the first GP came out in 92 and I played that and the 3 sequals soooo much, it pretty much messed up my schooling. ;)

But it was worth it. I have car and track knowledge that is second to none!! My Monaco lap time has never been beaten. Though if there is a way to play against each other online, we should set that up. Maybe we should look into getting an online game going.

Good race in Malaysia. Glad to see Fissi win. He deserves some good luck for a change. Can't beleive that they let Massa beat Schumi. I don't think Barrichello was ever allowed to beat him at Ferrari, very interesting stuff.

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Seeing as Schumacher shot himself in the foot at Monaco, is the world championship effectivly over?

I know Schumy managed to limited the damage caused by his stupid, stupid stunt in qualy, but he's lost so much ground now that its going to be hard to see him catch up.

Shame about Mark Webber, he's shown just what he can do when he has the car to do it.

That guy should make the decission to go to Renault NOW! He's not getting any younger and they have 2 empty seats next year in a championship winning car. Flavio begged Mark to join them, but for some reason he wants to stay at Williams.

He's making the same mistake Alesi made staying with Ferrari when Williams wanted him. He could have been world champion if he had used his head instead of his heart. Don't make the same mistake Mark, make the move now!

9. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    i would hate to think that the championship is over this early into the season, but renault's reliability is top notch and i can't see it going wrong for them. the only thing that could trip alonso up is if he crashes in a couple of races and that would give the others a chance to climb up the points table.

was schuey's stunt really a cynical move to halt qualifying for the drivers behind him? i'd like to think that he is the consumate professional and wouldn't do such a thing (he is the president of the drivers association), but then again i wouldn't put it past him. he dropped a bollock with it anyway and ended up starting from the pit lane. he had a blinding race to finish fifth.

and i loved the red bull racing teams overalls with the superman logo on the chest, and lol @ coulthard on the "podium" in that cape!!

and have you noticed that us midlanders have our own formula 1 team? [face_whistling]

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, somewhere near the back of the grid isn't it? :p

Not exactly the most glamorous of team names is it? Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Midland... Doesn't quite work.

I think Schumy has shown in his past that if you put him under a lot of pressure, he is more than capable of cheating in order to get what he wants.

It worked for him in 94 when he took out Damon Hill to win the world championship, but not in 97 when he tried the same thing on Villenueve.

I think this weekend it has become clear just how much the other drivers don't like him. Be it because of his success, wealth or arrogance, he has made more enemies than friends and it may be time for him to leave the sport while his reputation is still somewhat intact.

Had to laugh at Coulthards cape. ha ha!!
    Flavio didn't seem too impressed though. ;) I wonder if James Horner did keep his word and jump in the Superman swimming pool naked? Not the kind of PR Warner would been keen on I think?

You got to think that this is Alonso's championship again. The guy is a machine. He is always in the right place at the right time and never makes mistakes. In normal circumstances, Schumacher would probably be winning the championship by now, but given Renaults reliability and Alson's talent, they are just unbeatable.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I must say I'm amased at how well Renault are doing

I know Alonso is a brilliant driver, but how does he go so fast in a Renault?
    I mean, I'm no car expert, but Renault are not renound for making very efficient or fast cars

If they make F1 cars this good, how come their ordinary cars are rubbish? :p

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well the way I look at it, their ordinary cars are made in France and their F1 cars are made in Britain. Kind of says it all to me. ;)

Renault just seem to have hit a sweet spot right now. They're main strength is the fact that while they may not be massivly strong in one ares, they continually win races by being very good in ALL areas, and thats the secret.

A combination of driver, engine, chassis, pit crew, tyres and tactics make this outfit the best all round team in the pit lane.

While some people may think that a pit crew isn't that important, just try telling that to Jenson Button, who lost a certain podiums to their incompitence.

Hell, or even Nigel Mansell, who lost world championships due to the crappy Williams pit crew.

13. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    F1 imo is pretty boring, the only time I watch it is when its raining so that there will probably be crashes. :p

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    For my current views on F1, be sure to check out my "RIP F1" thread on the main FFUK page.

Basically it says that F1 now SUCKS and watching that rubbish is like some form of evil torture.

It's become so mind numbingly boring that even I am starting to channel surf in the middle of races.

15. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Horah someone who shares the same view on F1 as me :p.

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Actually, having said that, it would seem that F1 has taken a slight upturn in the last race. With Michael Schumacher realing in Alonso and Ferrari back on top, it would seem that we are in for an interesting final third of the season.

At least on paper that is. It remains to be seen if the racing can match what is happening in the points table.

17. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Wait, F1 is happening now? Since when?

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well it was only one race, so it might very well be a blip.

But at least the German GP had some overtaking, even if most of it was missed by the TV cameras.

A few more races like that and I might not be falling asleep at the wheel.

But the next race is Hungary, which is impossible to overtake on. So lets see what happens.

19. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Overtaking?!?! In F1!?! Blasphemy!!!

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Looks like Kimi and Michael will be driving in the same team next year!

Michael has never really had a team mate that was anywhere near his level, so it will be interesting to see just how he copes with having Kimi as a team mate?

How long before he starts doing a Prost and gets his machanics to "tamper" with Kimi's car so he doesn't beat him in a fair fight?

21. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    I HATE Formula 1.
    Football, I can dig.
    Stupid looking go-kart things I cannot.
    [face_frustrated]

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I also like football, in fact I'm the current FFUK Fantasy Football champion don't you know. ;)

Gotta start thinking about getting my team together soon. Not long till the start of the season.

So who do you support Rhi?

23. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Horah another F1 hater. :D

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!1

A good race.

Scrap that...

A GREAT RACE!

It's taken long enough, but finally we had a race worthy of F1 on Sunday. Not only was it a barnstorming race, but Button also won, which added icing onto the cake.

Now if only we could get races like that every other week instead of every 5 years.

25. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I missed the race, did anyone crash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.