main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forsaken and Begotten - Chapter 33: When One Door Closes.... *COMPLETE* Quick note 2-21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Up! Can't wait anymore. :D

2. Wittezaele

Wittezaele Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2004
    Finally caught up. Last post wasn't boring at all - the plot widens. So who is pulling the strings to make the Jedi unpopular, I wonder.

I can see how the Jedi Council feels it is between a rock and a hard place, but somehow given the behaviour over Obi's collar I don't think more adherence to the rules is the answer. I think a little more listening to the Force might be in order - it's easier to tolerate powerful individuals if they are compassionate and friendly rather than arrogant bureaucratic morons.

Speaking of which, Arldetta, is your Even Piell an agent of the Sith? Or am I being paranoid?

3. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Thank you all for the wonderful UP's!! I never expected to see that. But I am really thankful for it!! Just so you all know, I was able to jot down a draft today!! :D SOOOOO, hopefully with in the next few days you should be seeing a post here. Thanks again for your patience and support!! :D It means so much to me. :D

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweeeeet!! *And there was much rejoicing!!*

Can't wait ;) well yeah I will :D

5. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Glad to see that a post is coming soon!!! I'm really looking forward to it!

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  7. waterlilee

waterlilee Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2004
    dude...'nother post?? sweetness....that rawks!

<><~waterlilee~><>

8. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    So we should be expecting a post in the next few days. Bout time.

9. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
  10. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    A post, a post! Yay! I've been dyin' here! :D

11. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow, Thank you all so much. Ariagato gozaimasu!! ^_^

Sorry for the delay still, but the chap I sent my Betas (who were absolute dolls trying to get back to me when I have a full e-mail box!!! Love you guys!! [face_love] ) is not what you will be getting today. :_| I feel horrible to make them read and help me on something when I go off and decide to junk pretty much the whole thing and start over! *sigh* So the chap you will be reading today is what I wrote this morning. Or rather throughout the day today. I like it much, much better than my first draft. I hope you will too. (And Betas, I'm sure you'll see a familiar line here or there. Had to keep a few I liked. ;( )

Anyway, I would actually consider this a very good draft so if any one has any suggestions on how to improve points let me know so I can update. I know I'm shooting my self in the foot here, by up'ing this (especially when you finish reading it) because I have no idea when my muse will strike again. I wasn't even expecting it to work with me this far, so maybe if everyone prays to the Goddess of Muses I'll be able to bang out another chap real soon. Otherwise I'll be galavanting off somewhere enjoying the bliss of nothingness!! [face_laugh]

Hmmmmm, :confused: I think me's in a wierd mood. OH well, On with the post!!! :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27: Rude Awakenings

The galaxy is vast far beyond comprehension. But for what it is, it still knows the frailties of life and death. Stars like all living things are born and die. Deaths ranging from huge blasts to silent vortexes that create leaching voids in an angry attempt to drag the rest of existence with it. The cycle of life continued as he watched on. Stars flared into being all over the dark canopy, but there was one that seemed to catch his attention. He didn?t know why it had, it was bright but not overly so. Its size was average. The colouration no different than any other, yet there was
    something about it that kept him fascinated.

Entranced by this particular ball of fire, he did not notice the tragedy to unfold until it was too late. He wanted to scream - shout a warning to the star but nothing escaped him. He would be a silent witness to the story that played before him. From no where a sinister comet hurtled toward
    his star. And he was powerless to stop it. Suddenly a brilliant explosion made him cover his eyes. When he was able to look back again, he was surprised to see the ripple effect that the collision caused. It was almost as if the entire universe were being reflected on the surface of a glass pond.

His mind pondered this only for a heartbeat as he thought he heard a scream in his mind. Instantly, he searched for his star. A sigh of relief escaped him when he saw that it was not destroyed, although he could see that it had not gone unharmed as well. The light was so much dimmer than before, as if it clung onto life by a strand. Somehow, it slowly rebuilt itself, gaining strength again. But it was all in vane.

Apparently the fates were not finished tormenting this star. Other comets came to bombard the fading light. Constant assault denied it time to recover. He could take no more of this cruelty. Closing his eyes, he summoned all the energy he could muster, stretched out his hand and screamed with all his might. ?STOP!? He was shocked to realize how much the effort exhausted him, but at least when he opened his eyes he was rewarded to see no more streaks of chaos hurling toward the star. But the attack had taken its toll. The star barely flickered with life. But even that dim light shone starkly in the night?s sky.

It was then that he realized that everything around the star had been obliterated. Leaving it alone in a void of solitude. Even without catalysts it seemed as though the darkness spread through out the rest of the galaxy, snuffing out thousands upon thousands of stars. As it grew closer to him, he could sense the foul evil t

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, you should feel horrible - making us poor betas read your stuff and then tossing it away!!! LOL. You are something else, Ari.

Another great chapter. Again poor Obi-Wan has to carry the brunt of others hostility and revenge. At least he was able to connect with Qui-Gon for a brief moment before it was taken away again.

Don't worry. I'll prod you to do the next one!

13. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    That was so beautiful. It always makes my day to see an update on this story. I hope you get around to more soon. :)

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Touching and heartwarming!! Ahhh poor Qui feels like he's done nothing but in actuality he's provided some comfort and some hope for Obi! Sweeeeet!

Um hope that chick sees the light... even though she thinks Force-users are 'abominations' (umf! imagine that...) perhaps the love she sees that Qui has for the kid and as well as the affection doc has for Obi as well will make her realize that everybody feels and has hopes.

Hang in there Obi... hang in there kid. A Master awaits to love you and raise you once this all blows over. Juz don't pass up this blissful opportunity!

15. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh, this is so breat-takingly beautiful. I am at loss for words...
    Except: MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor poor baby. To have the collar removed and then put pack on again.

I love how everyone kept telling the ooficial that she would fall for Obi the minute she met him.

17. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I've already been prodding her to do another one! Ready and willing to beta again - soon! :D

18. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Hey there Master, you couldn't even let me have a day go by without pushing me back toward my muses??? That's not fair considering I haven't seenanything on Betrayal recently!! :p Man am I exhausted. You really do now how to work your Padawan. ;) But I had a great time at the Museum and everything!!! Thanks again! You rock! Hey wait a sec I meant to yell at you here. *sigh* nothing ever works out the way I intend it to. Oh well. Catch ya later.

Kynstar - [face_blush] I don't think I was very clear at the end there and I am very sorry for it. What Fama thought was an abomination was not Force Sensitives but the collar. She never really thought the collar had any 'real' effects on people because she never saw the transformation. But now that she saw how much the thing does effect those shackled by it she sees why they are often referred to as an abomination.

Who knows, I know what the next chap has in it, it will just be a matter of convincing the Muse to work with me for a few hours to get it down. So encourage them all you can and together we may be able to strap her down long enough to get another chap done. ;)

Thanks again everyone!!! :D

19. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Wonderfully done! I've been waiting for this chapter and now I'm waiting for the next one! Great job!

20. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    [face_blush] Sorry, don't want to push you, but I am somehow addicted to this story! :D

Will Obi-Wan meet Joda in the next post? Hope they treat Obi-Wan not too bad in that prison he has to go. :(

And diane: well done! ;)

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    jeday I can but try!!! ;)

Ari You have guilted me into writing. Okay, I can safely say there will be a post on Betrayal Thursday. Are you happy now?????

22. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Now Arldetta: well done! ;) :D

23. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm so glad Obi's out of the Bacta bath, now I can use all of the tissues I have stocked up. ;) 7 :D

24. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    LOL, no prob. I have no trouble forcing people's hand as best I can when it come to more chaps. Well, at least any one else's hand that is. ;)

I did forget to mention when I posted that I certain Jedi Master will be making an appearance next chap!!! *cough*yo*cough*da*cough* ;) And hopefully it will be a bit revealing! :) Hmmm, of course 7 you may need those tissues you stocked up. But I guess you'll just have to wait uintil Fri to find out. :p

Well, thanks all!!!! :D ttfn!

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Coooool, glad I am glad I misunderstood then :) I like her ;) was hoping I took that wrong! *whew!*
    Can't wait for next chappy then! Umm mystery Jedi? Ohhhhhhhh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.