main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forsaken and Begotten - Chapter 33: When One Door Closes.... *COMPLETE* Quick note 2-21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  2. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Wow! :) This is always my favorite scene of this story. I've re-read F&B several times (no comments about not having a life, please :p), and Tuuvu's protectiveness towards O-W & concomitant hatred of Q-G always melts my heart.

I really, really like this story & hope that someday you'll be able to continue.

3. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Arldetta - Bant's hand came up to trap the rogue's, she did not want to let the dream go, fearing that she would never have it again. - Sorry have got a bit behind. That was beautiful! Sniff! OMG! What will happen now? Will Tuuvu let Qui-Gon go? Will Obi-Wan reach them in time? Looking forward to finding out.

4. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    LOL, I kinda forgot that I had spilt chap 11. That throws off my schedule a bit. I guess that means I'll have to add one more post in for this week. :D Probably Sunday night. I really, really, really want to get out a new chap by Thurs! I'm sure you guys would definately appreciate it. Right? [face_worried] I hope I didn't lose too many of you during my sebatical. :( But I really think you are gonnna like what's coming. And I shouldn't have an interuption in the story for at least a month and a half. I'll be keeping up a weekly schedule after Thurs! Thanks again for reading!!! :D

Now on with the post!

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 11: When the Lion Roars and the Lamb Cries (part 2)

It has been said that actions can speak louder than words. And at this moment, they would find some of the truth behind it. Gently, a small slender hand touched a furred forearm. A soothing cultured voice added weight to the motion, ?It will solve nothing.?

Slowly, ever so slowly, the finger resting on the trigger relaxed. The Pirate Captain was delighted yet distraught to hear the voice he sought whispering to him. Wanting only to destroy the man beneath him, he wished he had blasted the Jedi before his cub showed up. His deep emerald gaze still bore down at the Knight in his grasp even as he addressed the youth, ?But he?s the one. The one who caused you so much pain. He does not deserve to live.? Memories of nights watching over a fevered boy who cried and begged a Qui-Gon Jinn to explain what was wrong with him, came rushing back to Tuuvu. One might call it fatherly love to want to get rid of something that had caused their child pain. Most would call it revenge.

If you were not familiar with Togorians, it would have been hard for one to discern their facial expressions. However, Obi-Wan was very familiar with them and he noticed the caring Captain?s brow furrow in confusion. Suddenly, he felt extremely tired. Kneeling down next to the taut pair, he peered up at his friend and guardian. He knew that killing Qui-Gon would do them little good and he no longer wanted blood on his hands. Wearily, he reasoned with the Captain, ?He is only one of many reasons. And you know that killing him would not erase the past.? Intently, he watched the internal struggle within his friend. And his need to end the cycle of hatred and regret drove him to add, ?Please, Patron.?

Slowly, the Togorian glanced over to look at his cub. Years ago, when Obi-Wan had recovered from the pain of his body and heart, Tuuvu and his mate told the boy that they cared for him as if he were their own cub. It was then that they offered, should he decide to, that he could call them Patron and Matron, as if they were his true parents. Taken aback, Obi-Wan graciously accepted their love and kindness but could not yet bring himself to call them his parents. Not for lack of love, but because he still had had doubts about his place in their life. This was the first time Obi-Wan used the name Patron to address him. Tears welled in the emerald gaze. Tuuvu could see the affection flow freely from the gentle seas he had grown to love.

Instantly, Tuuvu released the Knight and embraced Obi-Wan scooping him up in his arms. ?Oh, cub,? was all he could manage through the hiccuping sobs of joy. Overpowered by the depth of emotions coursing through them. Everything around them melted away and they held each other for what could have been an eternity. Obi-Wan dismissed the discomfort he felt from the man?s tight hug. His body still not one hundred percent due to the self inflicted wounds and the accepted beating he withstood earlier.

For the first time, in he didn?t know how long, Obi-Wan felt like he was home. Held in arms that loved him, really loved him. All the pain in the universe could not disrupt this moment in time. And he didn?t want to let it go. Yet those moments can never last forever, they are meant to be treasured. And so it was that Tuuvu finally loosened his

5. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    OK now for major replies!!! I've been a bad girl! :(

OK, first off, the Farscape reference was the use of the word Dren which is the Peacekeeper equivilant of Shyte. (trying to keep it somewhat clean. ;) )

dianethx - What, you mean you like this piece of crep??? [face_shocked] How could you!? LOL, I know I know. It's ok, mostly. :p

Sabe126 - Don't worry. I haven't caught up in my replies yet. ;)

CrystalKenobi - Keep all those feelings in mind. Of course some may never come to fruition but I don't want to spoil anything for you either. [face_devil]

Ginger_Jedi - Oh yes, Poor Obi, but if you really think about it, Jedi initiates really don't have a choice in their path. They are either chosen for Padawanship or shipped off to something else. But that's a whole other topic for another time. ;)

ca-tron - You a Scaper too? [face_hopeful] I'm wondering because I'm working on another fic right now that I would like to show a couple of Scapers, to make sure I am getting characterizations right. It's not very far along but I want to make sure I've got a handle on things before I dive headlong into it. ;) And since when does a Jedi not use all the tools they have to their advantage?? Although I have never heard that analogy. Very interesting point. :)

Jenny the Jedi Girl - OK! :)

dianethx - All this time I thought you were lying! :p I thought you wanted me to keep going just to prove how awesome your own stuff was. ;)

Keeper of Swords - Yeah, I really liked that line too. I couldn't help but put it in. Afterall, Lessik isn't Jedi so he can say stuff like that without getting in trouble. :)

CyrstalKenobi - Well, thank ye very kindly. :D

Ginger Jedi - Complicated? You can say that again! I've actually had to try and simplify things so I could get this story moving again. o_O

6. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002

Jenny the Jedi Girl - Don't forget to breathe. ;)

dianethx - Aww, Master, they are just so much fun, I can't resist them anymore. And if they lead to the Darkside, I guess you'll have to call me Lady Ari. ;) Maybe Master Clunk head can find a loophole to work with. [face_devil] Tuuvu is a very passionate man. He has not lived with the restricions of feeling as Obi and the Jedi have. And I really wanted to express that within his character. I can only hope I do him justice. :D

CrystalKenobi - Thanks. I love my cliffies. [face_love] *sigh* Anyway, I am finding that I have enjoyed writing the sections that were more than hurt/comfort. I'm having fun developing the relationships anew and really allowing them to talk through their problems and issues. I'm happy you are enjoying reading them too. :D

jedi7 - [face_blush] Wow, thanks. I didn't realize that this was so well liked. I know this is my baby, but I still find it amazing to hear others enjoy it so much as well. :D

PadawanKitara - ;) :D

Lurkalidth - [face_blush] Wow, again for me! I can't believe some of you guys really like this story this much. I mean I know it's my opus but to see that others are really enjoying too really gets me! Thanks. And I love this scene too. I have a few key scenes that really get me. And I think another big one will be coming in a few chaps. I hope you like it as much as I do. [face_devil] And don't you fret too much, that some day is Thurs!! Oh and thanks for the up on Menagerie. Let me get a little farther along in this and I'll try and get a new post for that too. Sorry I've been away so long to let them fall so far. [face_ashamed] I never meant to let them go this long. :(

Sabe126 - Like I said before, don't worry about it. I've been gone so long, that anyone falling behind a bit is nothing compared to the wait I've already put so many people through. And for that I'll always be sorry but I can only hope the wait was worth it all. Thanks again!

Until Sunday peeps! Chow! :D

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Arldetta, you are so full of it. Of course I love this fic. Why else would I keep bugging you about it??!!!

Well, Obi has gone and done the noble thing (a Jedi by any other name is still a Jedi). Good for him. Hope it doesn't cost him everything that he is.

Good job. Now, send me some of that writing energy...I need to jumpstart my own fic!!!

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Obiwan's father isn't going to be happy about this, i feel so sorry for obiwan during all this poor guy, and i still dislike quigon greatly!

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I love this part- Obi-Wan proves that above all else, he is still a jedi :)

10. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    ?Because in exchange for all this, I offer myself in their place. You give me your assurances, on your oath as a Captain, that they will not be brought up on charges, and I will remain your captive for prosecution once we get back to Coruscant.?

I have to agree with everyone. Obi-wan is a jedi still where it counts. In his heart.

11. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, I for one am glad this time around there wasn't so much of a debate on how Obi has been acting. And I hope everyone likes what I've done so far. I'm enjoying getting back into the swing of writing again. And I alomst forgot about that post for tonight. Shame on me right?

Anyway, here you go......

Chapter 12: Right of Delusion

?It?s always been up to you.
    It?s turning around, it?s up to me.
    I?m gonna do what I have to do.

Give me a little time.
    Leave me alone a little while.
    Maybe it?s not too late.?
    ? Tomorrow (Let Go ? Avril Lavigne)

The silence was deafening. No one moved since they were still trapped in a shocked stupor. The passing minutes felt elongated by the utter quiet that surrounded them. The young man in the middle of the room waited patiently for an answer to his proposal. Only the tension in his shoulders betrayed the cool confident demeanor displayed. However, a well-trained Jedi never missed a detail. And a proud thought filtered into the Knight's stunned mind, What a superb Jedi he would have made. What a waste of perfect potential.

Captain Lessik finally broke through his stupor, staring at the youth he asked, ?Do you realize what you are proposing? Do you have any idea of what will happen once we return to Coruscant??

?I understand fully the implications of my decision. Does that mean you accept my terms?? The rogue responded with a certainty the astonished the Captain.

Another moment passed, as Fen took a step closer to Obi-Wan, staring at the youth with a leery gaze. ?And what makes you think that I will not retaliate once we are returned to civilization??

?It?s a matter of faith on both parts,? Obi-Wan stated plainly, as if it were obvious to everyone. ?You are unsure of our plans as we are unsure of yours. If we truly are meant to backstab the other, I am certain we would safely be on our way while you waited here in hopes of a rescue.? Now the youth took a step closer to Lessik, brining them within reach of each other. Those captivating sea-change eyes peered into the man, making Fen feel like the boy was staring right through him. Obi-Wan continued is hushed tones, ?However, I know how much you care about your men and I am sure you know how I feel about my family. I will not hesitate to protect them, and I will take whatever measures I must to ensure their safety first. I would prefer everything to run smoothly. I trust that you care enough for your men not to risk their lives again.? Something flared behind those eyes, a passion full of love and loyalty. Suddenly, Fen realized that if there was no other option, the young pirate could become lethal when the need arose.

?And what assurances do we have that you will uphold your end of the bargain?? His voice a little colder than he intended, the Captain wanted to verify that when they reached their destination the ruffian would hand himself over.

?I give you my word Captain. I may be a pirate, but I was once a Jedi.? He glanced over at Qui-Gon briefly before adding. ?I know that you understand the meaning behind that.?

For Qui-Gon, the world suddenly seemed to narrow and a new realization birthed. It was true, Obi-Wan was once a Jedi, but he was lost. Now he was in league with a criminal organization and utilizing his Force skills to harm not protect. No matter how light the charges, he would still be considered a rogue Jedi and would have to be dealt with now that he was discovered. The tall Knight?s mind raced with new questions; What will become of Obi-Wan? Is his life as a Jedi over? Will the Council accept him back? Will I have lost him again? His heart clenched at the thought. He had felt an emptiness deep within him since the boy?s disappearance. He couldn?t bear loosing the wondrous young man again. Quickly, he stayed his building panic. No, the Force brought us together again. His fate is still undecided. There is still a chance. Ceasing the inner turmoil, he colle

12. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    At this declaration, Obi-Wan suddenly stopped and turned on the man. ?I told you not to go down that path. I?m not worthy enough to be a Jedi. I?m jaded remember?? What he had done and what he must do were already draining his reserves of strength. He could not waste anymore on the past he could not change. He just hoped a dose of reality would end this conversation. Unfortunately this didn?t have the effect he wanted.

Poor Obi-wan

An excellent post.

13. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    dianethx - Of course I'm full of it, but it's in my nature to poke fun! :p OH and I LOVE the ref you have about a jedi by any other name. It actually suits the underlying nobility of said ruffian quite well. :D I hope to see more of your fic soon, too. :D

Jenny the Jedi girl - No, I don't think Tuuvu will be pleased, but you'll just have to wait to see how that all turns out. [face_devil] Oh and ditto and ditto. ;)

PadawanKitara - Yeah I thought this was a good section too. It really shows a leopard can never really change it's spots. ;)

CrystalKenobi - Yes, I like to think so. And everyone else likes to think so. Now we'll just have to see if we can convince him. ;) :D

OH, I can't wait until I post that new chap! Then I can finally remove that darned *re-post* thing in the title. :D

Night all, off to write!! :D

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  15. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm working on it.... really. I wrote 2 paragraphs yesterday (for me, that's a lot).

Great job as always. I loved that both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon realized that the Jedi would go after Obi-Wan as a rogue. Glad that Qui is trying to help Obi deal with this. Only hope that Qui can help him enough!

I won't be able to reply for the next couple of posts. Have a good Christmas and see you in the New Year!

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~HAVE A VERY MARRY SCARY CHRISTMAS ALL~

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    This is where you left us before, isn't it?

18. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Alright! It's two days to christmas, has everyone been good little readers? If you have then maybe you'll get a double post on Thurs! ;) How does that sound?

Well, here's tonight's post! :D

Chapter 13: Conversations of the Proud

?Tahl you should have seen him. His skills as a negotiator are astounding. He will make a great Knight.? Qui-Gon finished his recap of everything that happened.

Tahl watched as her beloved paced the room excitedly. In her eyes, he reminded her of the young man she hung around during their first years as Padawans. A small smile lighted her features at the memories, enjoying the change that seemed to wash over the man. How she wished it could have been her to bring about such a dramatic alteration of Qui-Gon?s perception, but she knew that the Force had wanted the pairing between her love and the captive pirate. Still, she was happy that someone was able to bring back the vibrant man who seemed lost forever when his first Padawan turned. Agreeing, she said, ?I?m sure he would have.? Her tone was meant to be bright and hopeful, however there was a hidden element of sadness that drifted along the words. Her emotions were mixed and bled into her observation.

It appeared that the Knight picked up on the flux, for he stopped pacing. It was not just her tone that stilled his excitement, but her words as well. Would have, Obi-Wan would have made a great Knight. Reality smacked him in the face again, taunting him with what could have, should have been. Slowly, he made his way over to her and eased himself onto the bed. Regret crept into his weathered features. ?Why did I not accept him? Why couldn?t I see his potential? Could I have truly been that blind??

?Oh, Qui-Gon,? her gentle voice tried to sooth, ?you could not see because you were blinded by love.?

His head cocked to the side as he looked at her in confusion, ?Love? I do not understand your meaning.?

Reaching out a hand she pulled his to her, ?You have always allowed your heart to guide you. It is your strength - and your weakness. And when your heart was broken, you denied it everything. Your love was betrayed, and in turn you betrayed your heart.?

Qui-Gon started at this absurd narration. ?You believe the fall of my former Padawan caused me to be blinded to the will of the Force? That I had forsaken everything I had been taught??

?No,? she disputed. Holding on tight to his hands so that he could not escape, Tahl attempted to elaborate, ?I am saying that when Xanatos turned you closed your self off from everything and everyone. You hid within yourself to protect and heal your wounded heart. You did everything in your power to ignore the world around you. To save it from further hurt. And when Master Yoda suggested taking on another Padawan, you didn?t want to listen.?

Qui-Gon sprang from his seat, managing to break away from her grasp and began pacing again. This time in agitated concentration and not the previous enthusiasm he was in. ?So I am self-centered?? he snapped sharply.

Quick to defend herself, she answered, ?That?s not what I meant. You were hurting. You did what you had to do.?

?And by doing so, I have destroyed a young boy?s life,? he countered. ?Is that what a Jedi is supposed to do? To be selfish and ignore the will of the Force because it suits their purpose??

The conversation had taken a sudden turn Tahl never anticipated. Desperate to reverse the damage she argued, ?You?re twisting my words. I am not blaming you. I?m just telling you what I saw, my perception of what happened. It was neither right nor wrong.?

?Does that matter? By ignoring the Force I have altered its destiny. My own self-interest had overpowered my judgement. And with my lack of judgement I may have brought about serious changes.? Qui-Gon was caught up in this new ascertainment, showing him the errs of his past in a new light.

Tahl hesitated for only a moment before getting to her fee

19. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002

CrystalKenobi - You sometimes really know how to sneek in there don't you. ;) LOL. Thank you! :D

Jenny the Jedi Girl - ;) [face_devil] :D Mwahahahaha!

dianethx - Well I still want to see what you got, I'm anxious to read anything for your fic. :D OH, I hope Qui can help too and that Obi can accept his help. I think that will be harder. And you have a safe journey. Enjoy your holiday and I'll wait patiently for your return Master. :D

Jenny - You too Chicky! :D

PadwanKitara - In two more chaps, I'll be all caught up. The first new chap to be posted if 15. Which is very, very soon!! :D

20. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Sneaking in again.

I'm a quick reader sometimes.

I love the interaction between Tahl and QG. She is good for him I think.

Tuuvu?s is not going to be happy I think. I hope QG has not lost his lightsaber. (sorry bad joke, I was thinking about how lightsabers kept getting lost in ATOC)

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Arldetta, I came back. We had driven an hour when we decided to turn around and go home. At last, a Christmas at home, after 30 years! Ah, joy!
    As for my story, yesterday, my D drive started going bad and guess which sector was corrupt. Yep, that story! Luckily, I have the pieces in various places and printed it out. But I'm getting a new computer and putting it back may take some time....

Love this fic but you know that already. I am looking forward to seeing what you are going to do with the chaps I've seen so far. I'm sure everyone will love them as I do!!!!!

This one was so sad - that Qui-Gon is finally realizing how much Obi is giving up and that his sacrifice will be hard on all!

Great job!

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    :) sorry, too tired for serious comments- but at least the baking is finished!

23. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I enjoyed this.

There was some delicate dialogue in Chapter 11.

Chapter 12:

With even more conviction wrought by glistening hope of the future, Qui-Gon spoke from his heart. ?You can not escape your destiny. You are a Jedi.??liked this

The choacha was a beautiful flower found deep within the forests of Togoria. A deep well of an orchid that held a small amount of nectar. Various insects were attracted to the sweet fragrance, none more than the kleyfly, only to find themselves trapped inside. The deep violet bloom would close and hold the insect inside to drown in the very liquor that enticed them???Interesting.

Nice conversation going on in Chapter 13.

24. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, with this next chapter being posted, I will have finally caught up to what I had already done. From this point on, any new chaps will be NEW!!!!! :D

I thank you all for reading!

And have a great Holiday!!! :D :D

Chapter 14: Stoking the Fire

?Are you out of your mind? How could you agree to such a thing?? Kuuur growled in frustration. What his friend and Captain had just told him was beyond belief.

Tuuvu knew he wasn?t going to like the idea, but there was little that could be done now. ?I did it because it?s the right thing to do.?

?You have gone mad.? Kuur threw his hands up. For a moment he stepped away before turning back to address the commander, ?We are Pirates, there is no ?right thing to do.? To them we are criminals and I don?t think they care about if we do the ?right thing? or not. You have sold us to the enemy without any thought of your crew.?

Shaking his head in denial, Tuuvu stated, ?I would not think that cub would have agreed to anything that would place us in danger.?

?You let that boy overrule your better judgement. One day you will regret it,? snapped Kuuur.

Taking a threatening step forward, he warned, ?Watch yourself. He may look young but his judgement is better than most, yours included. And if it weren?t for your insistence on raiding this ship, we wouldn?t even be in this position.?

Never backing from a challenge, Kuuur met the Captain nose to nose, ?So this is my fault? Have you forgotten that as Pirates we are meant to raid any passing vessel? This is our means of income. There is no reason to pass up a bounty simply because a little human boy has a bad feeling. If anyone is to blame it?s you for insisting that boy be part of our crew.?

?You leave him alone.? Paws gripped tightly to soft cloth. Through clenched teeth, the devoted Patron guarded, ?You were there during Drrov. You saw what he went through. How dare you blame me for saving him? And through all that somehow that boy has persevered and made our lives better. We fight better, think better, move better all because of him. And we have become much more profitable because of him. Do you think that was a mistake? That somehow things just started working for us? No, I tell you. That boy has rescued us, just as much as I have him. He has earned his place on board. Have you??

Kuuur easily knocked the hands away, ?So Drrov would have lead us all to an early grave, a criminal?s life is generally a short one. We all accepted that when we came on board. I?ll admit that Obi has helped us in the long run. We all lead healthier, richer lives. But I tell you this right now. This - is - wrong. If we take these people to a port I guarantee that you will regret it. That if we make it home in one piece, our lives will never be the same.? The Togorian?s gut was screaming that all was not right, he just could not determine what exactly was wrong. He had hoped that this was the last time they had to deal with the humans on the other ship. All he wanted was to protect his clan, now he knew that it was impossible.

?If that is what fate decides, then it will be so. I will not go back on my word. I have promised cub and that is final.? Before the point could be argued further two figures stepped out of the failed vessel. Easily transferring his aggression to a more appropriate target, Tuuvu emitted a low growl as he questioned, ?What is he doing here??

Before Obi-Wan could answer, the Knight spoke, ?You asked me to protect him, did you not?? Qui-Gon did not wait for an answer, ?Well, how am I supposed to do that if I am not there to do so??

This response did not alleviate Tuuvu?s tension, ?I told you to make sure nothing happens to him while he?s on your vessel. We are heading back to ours, so you are no longer needed.?

?In your opinion, not in mine.? Qui-Gon remained calm and collected in the face of opposition.

?And you think I will accept your opinion over mine? Go

25. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    And here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for! A Brand Spanking New Chapter!!!!! :D YEAH!!!

I hope you enjoy it. I happen to like it now after some minor work. And I hope it was worth a little of the wait you guys had to do. [face_blush]

Thanks again for reading!! :D

Chapter 15: Appearances can be Deceiving

"We don't fare well with endless reprimands
    We don't do well with a life served as a sentence
    This won't work well if you're hell bent on your offence
    I am a man who understands your reticence." - A Man (Alanis Morisette - Under Rug Swept)

Most of the disgruntled crew returned to their stations to await the arrivals. However, a few did linger behind. The Captain?s weary gaze transferred from his cub to the Jedi and back again. Liior had stayed to talk with Obi but wasn?t able to for very long, as his father pulled him aside. In a corner, Kuuur and his son argued quietly.

Meanwhile, a tan and black Togorian approached the rogue. Tuuvu could see his young charge cringe slightly under the medic?s attention and was about to rescue him when he was stopped by an old friend, [?Do you think this is wise??]

Tuuvu turned to regard the dark grey Engineer. Shrugging, he replied, [?I?m not sure what I should think. I know that this is the right thing to do. But Kuuur had a point. In their eyes we are criminals, would it matter what we do??]

[?In my experience, once deemed a criminal, always a criminal. I suggest we watch them carefully.?] Both were gazing at the Jedi now. [?He?s one of the Jedi, is he not??]

Tuuvu nodded, [?That is Qui-Gon Jinn.?] So many emotions poured into the simple statement. His comrade?s eyes widened in shock. Many of the Pirate crew had heard the name. It had almost become legendary, amongst a few other names - some good, some bad and some in-between. Of course, not much was actually known about him, merely what he represented. After a tense moment passed, allowing the Captain to gain control again, he changed the subject. [?We will need our spare homing device for the other ship. Can you please get it ready for us, Benhd?]

Nodding, the head engineer answered, [?Of course. I?ll do that now.?]

[?We?ll be down to pick it up shortly.?] Benhd lingered for a moment longer, sensing an underlying issue that wanted voice. But decided against pushing the subject and left to get what his Captain asked for. He knew that there would be a time to discuss what was really bothering the Commander, just not presently. So he resigned himself to his task, waiting for the best opportunity to approach the subject again.

Tuuvu?s gaze drifted back to his cub and the healer. It was obvious that their issue had not been resolved. He quickly made his way over to see what he could do to smooth everything out. Despite the tension engulfing everything, Tuuvu couldn?t resist the chance to tease his friend, [?Naaur, you know how cub is, why do you even bother??]

[?Because I would not be a healer otherwise. It?s my job.?] The medic replied in a mix of exasperation and annoyance. He returned his attention back to Obi-Wan. [?Why won?t you let me exam you??]

Forcing himself not to stomp away like a spoiled child, Obi-Wan crossed his arms and stated with as much conviction as he could muster, ?Because, I?m fine.? The pair stood, staring the other down. Silently willing the other to bend to their wishes.

[?Fine, huh??] The healer struck out suddenly with his paw and connected with tender ribs. It was not a hard hit, just one meant to make a point, which it did. Obi-Wan grunted and winced in pain at the flare in his burnt side. [?Mrrogh told me about the mishap on the ship. And based upon the bruise under your eye, I would bet my life that more has happened since then.?]

Obi-Wan fought to regain his calm center. He just couldn?t understand why Naaur was pushing so hard for this. Most of the time, Obi could convince him to leave well enough alone, as long as he said he was fin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.