main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forsaken and Begotten[JA/AU] ~*~ Question for my Readers 10-22-03 Please respond. thnx ~*~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arldetta, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
  2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    LOL froggy, you must be desperate if you have to use the dictionary here.

la la la

um

if i say up, then will you UPdate?

*bump*

3. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Main Entry: in·spi·ra·tion
    Pronunciation: "in(t)-sp&-'rA-sh&n, -(")spi-
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century

1 a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation ie, Cynical's stories

b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions LE's latest posts

c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions Yoda waves claw. "Post you will."

2 : the act of drawing in; specifically : the drawing of air into the lungs gasp! need post!

3 a : the quality or state of being inspired DWB is cut in half with a lightsaber and thrown down the power chute!

b : something that is inspired <a scheme that was pure inspiration> Obi-Wan in leathers dressed as a pirate

4 : an inspiring agent or influence the desperate urge to escape any more froggy definitions

- in·spi·ra·tion·al - adjective
    - in·spi·ra·tion·al·ly - adverb

Entry Word: inspiration
    Function: noun
    Text: a divine or seemingly divine imparting of knowledge or power <inspiration is the only plausible explanation for her exquisite work>
    Synonyms: afflation, afflatus, inflatus
    Related Words: animus, genius, muse, vision; enlightenment, illumination; brainstorm, brainwave

4. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Froggy is at it again!

Have we gotten across to you yet, Arldetta, not to be pushy or anything, just curious AND waiting for MORE.

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    See Arldetta, It wasn't me that is hounding you to update (at least this time)!!!

We'll have to get your Muse out of that rain-drenched hiding place and back where she belongs - at your side!!!

6. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I am So SORRY. I am working on it, but like I said, I've become a dentist. It's like pulling teeth to get these posts written! I think I'm semi happy with my third draft. I'm going to try and finish that up and then get my second oppinions. Once I have the ok, I'll touch it up and post. Again, I apologize. But I'm confident that after I get past this, things will smooth out. I know what I want, but I can't type it until I get this one done. Please don't kill me! I really, REALLY want to get this post done, Honest. Cross my heart.

*going back to type again*

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  8. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
  9. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Almost, guys, almost. I'm getting much closer. My muse is starting to wake up!

Maybe if we all start chanting in ewok we can create some inspiration. Let's try!

*sings*

Luka luka lu-lah. Luka lu. Luka lu.

*dances around*

10. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Well, she's dancing around, that's a good sign, right? ;)

11. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    sigh, only if we actually needed any more rain.

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Ah Ha! Now I know who to blame for the miserable wet weather the past two days!

13. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Hey I wasn't doing a rain dance! I was doing a clear sky dance! with a hint of bring on the Summer!!!!! :p

I'm almost done, just have to 'touch it up' and then I should be able to post!!!! :D YEAH! I am starting to get excited again to write. And that's a very good sign! Cross your fingers it might be by cob today!! :D

*goes trotting off to finish up post*

14. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    YEA!!!! Now, if I can only remember what the plot was about... ;)

15. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    posty?

here posty posty posty

here posty posty posty

has anyone seen a posty?

16. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Postie? Here Postie! No Postie? No Postie...

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I thought we were promised a postie? I'm going to vanish in 2 days with no lap top (unless it miraculously arrives in 2 days) so PLEASE postie before then :)

18. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm sorry folks. I though I was going to get that post done, but have been caught up at work. There was a sudden influx of phone volume and requests. I will work on the post as soon as I can and hopefully get it up by Sunday for you. ;)

Typing any message or response has taken me a min of like 10-15 min to type and post all week. It get's very aggrivating. And I have more to work on for that post that I did for Catch me. But I finally goa new post up there today. In case anyone wanted to read something. ;)

I'll chain myself to my comp at home and deny myself food and water until I'm done. How does that sound?? ;)

Hmmm, lots of winky faces. Better change that up. Thanks for all your patience. :D

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    can't skip meals and water. if you pass out and die, we'll never get our posty.

20. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    The frog is right. ;)

21. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    I did it!! I Did it!! I DID IT!!!!!! :D :D

Yes, I actually have a post for you! Not that I'm particularly proud of it, but hey it get's what I want done accomplished. I would like to thank my Betas(Shan & Diane) for helping me out with this. Your advice is invaluable!! :D

Well, I hope you guys like it better than I do. ;) :p Enjoy!!

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 14: Stoking the Fire

?Are you out of your mind? How could you agree to such a thing?? Kuuur growled in frustration. What his friend and Captain had just told him was beyond belief.

Tuuvu knew he wasn?t going to like the idea, but there was little that could be done now. ?I did it because it?s the right thing to do.?

?You have gone mad.? Kuur threw his hands up. For a moment he stepped away before turning back to address the commander, ?We are Pirates, there is no ?right thing to do.? To them we are criminals and I don?t think they care about if we do the ?right thing? or not. You have sold us to the enemy without any thought of your crew.?

Shaking his head in denial, Tuuvu stated, ?I would not think that cub would have agreed to anything that would place us in danger.?

?You let that boy overrule your better judgement. One day you will regret it,? snapped Kuuur.

Taking a threatening step forward, he warned, ?Watch yourself. He may look young but his judgement is better than most, yours included. And if it weren?t for your insistence on raiding this ship, we wouldn?t even be in this position.?

Never backing from a challenge, Kuuur met the Captain nose to nose, ?So this is my fault? Have you forgotten that as Pirates we are meant to raid any passing vessel? This is our means of income. There is no reason to pass up a bounty simply because a little human boy has a bad feeling. If anyone is to blame it?s you for insisting that boy be part of our crew.?

?You leave him alone.? Paws gripped tightly to soft cloth. Through clenched teeth, the devoted Patron guarded, ?You were there during Drrov. You saw what he went through. How dare you blame me for saving him? And through all that somehow that boy has persevered and made our lives better. We fight better, think better, move better all because of him. And we have become much more profitable because of him. Do you think that was a mistake? That somehow things just started working for us? No, I tell you. That boy has rescued us, just as much as I have him. He has earned his place on board. Have you??

Kuuur easily knocked the hands away, ?So Drrov would have lead us all to an early grave, a criminal?s life is generally a short one. We all accepted that when we came on board. I?ll admit that Obi has helped us in the long run. We all lead healthier, richer lives. But I tell you this right now. This - is - wrong. If we take these people to a port I guarantee that you will regret it. That if we make it home in one piece, our lives will never be the same.? The Togorian?s gut was screaming that all was not right, he just could not determine what exactly was wrong. He had hoped that this was the last time they had to deal with the humans on the other ship. All he wanted was to protect his clan, now he knew that it was impossible.

?If that is what fate decides, then it will be so. I will not go back on my word. I have promised cub and that is final.? Before the point could be argued further two figures stepped out of the failed vessel. Easily transferring his aggression to a more appropriate target, Tuuvu emitted a low growl as he questioned, ?What is he doing here??

Before Obi-Wan could answer, the Knight spoke, ?You asked me to protect him, did you not?? Qui-Gon did not wait for an answer, ?Well, how am I supposed to do that if I am not there to do so??

This response did not alleviate Tuuvu?s tension, ?I told you to make sure nothing happens to him while he?s on your vessel. We are heading back to ours, so you are no longer needed.?

?In your opinion, not in mine.? Qui-Gon rema

22. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    It is not [insert bad word here]!!! I really enjoyed it. It has a lot of tension, stress among the crew for the foreign Jedi and Tuuvu is definitely NOT going to be happy when he finds out what cub has done!!!

Kuuur is probably going to berate Tuuvu forever when the bad stuff hits the fan!

I liked it a lot....I very much look forward to more and soon!

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    it's just fine :)

24. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Upping it so that more people can comment. Come on, you know you want to...

25. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Diane - You are such a sweetie!!! :D I have a little gift for you. I'll PM you. ;) Thanks for the up. :)

Kitara - Well, I'm glad you like it. It was difficult to write but I got it done. ;)

Alright, what happened to everyone? Didn't you guys want a post? :( Is school ending this week? Did I miss something? I hope everything's ok and you make it back here soon. I miss you!! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.