Fortune and Glory (Sequel to My Name is Myra)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mirax Terrik, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    Hello. This is the sequel to the fanfiction "My Name is Myra".

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=841969&replies=359

I had very much fun writing and finishing the first story so I decided to make a sequel. Okay, that was a bit of an understatement. I wanted to do a sequel because I enjoyed the reactions of my readers, and I have much to thank them. They have helped me with their critic and loyal reading. Thank you all, you've made this incredibally fun for me to write. :)

Some info:

This is a fanfic written by me, and edited by padawan lunetta, and a few other friends. Please don't add on. If you're interested in being an editor for this story, please PM me. With all that done and over with, on with the story! :)

FORTUNE AND GLORY

Quietly, I slid into the darkness of the cantina. Some patrons were sitting in the corner, enjoying the latest ?hot dish? from the Hutt?s palace. Apparently, Jabba found a way to make money by ?renting? his slave girls out to the public. I hid my disgust and walked on ahead.

The band was playing music, if you could call it that. Recently Jizz players had come into popularity. I thought it was a bunch of nonsense lyrics screamed into the air combined with pointless Jizz playing. I dubbed them Jizz wailers.

Peering around, I categorized the rowdy crowd into three labels:

There were the drunks, who were only there for the ale and company. Not surprising in a cantina. The lowlifes gathered around to brag about their latest theft or murder while increasingly befuddled by their drinks. Come to think about it, more of their drinks ended on their clothes than in their loud mouths. Many of them were in abundance today, making me wonder if someone had slipped spice into the newest batch of local brew.

I brushed past a small Chandra-Fan, briefly feeling the creatures delicate fingers probe the reaches of my shaggy nerf hide vest. After he, or she since it?s hard to tell the gender of them by sight, passed deeper into the crowd did I look back to study him. The small diminutive height combined with a boring color of brown made the creature hard to see in the dim light. Perfect for pickpockets, who were scattered around the room, working their finger magic.

I was here neither for the music nor the drinks. I was here to make a deal. Or rather, finish a deal, since I had already delivered the product. I was here for a dealer.

A few months back, a regular consumer of mine wanted a exotic vest of Calamari make. I was certain he knew the regular procedure, I didn?t require him to put down a payment and arrange for a pay day. My mistake.

Since then, he has disappeared from his regular hangouts and made my searching for him very difficult. In the end, a few friends of his sold him out when me and my
    friend had told them who my father was. They quickly told me where he was, and I paid them. It never hurts to reward, they might come to use later.

So that?s how I ended up in Chalmun?s Cantina.

Wuher, the cantina?s regular bar tender, gave me a small nod. I shook my head but went over and told him who I was looking for. He pointed towards a booth. I thanked him, and moved in a table near the booth.

The garish flowered drapery in front provided no other purpose except privacy. Because of it, it took me ten minutes to access how many people were in there. Ten minutes where I turned down two invitations for a good time, and a noisy gambler,
    grumbling how he would make me into the next Kinnin Vo-Shay.

I sat there for a moment longer, waiting for some inspiration to come to me on how to approach the situation. Nothing sparked my mind. Too bad, I would have to do things the old way.

Boldly I reached up to sweep the curtain away, revealing three startled and drunk Twi?leks. I found the one I was searching for, he sat in his own cushioned seat.

Reaching for my blaster, I clicked it on kill in front of their eyes and pointed it towards the other two Twi?leks. I smiled sweetly. ?I?m sorry, gentles, but I have some business to conduct with
  2. Corell Jedi Master

star 4
    Happyhappyhappyhappyhappy! A new Mirax story by Mirax! Yay! Up!

And the figure in the shadows is Wedge right? Please say yes!
  3. Ejedir2 Jedi Master

star 4
    WAHOOOOO! Where's the rest? *grin*
  4. Dark_Soldier Jedi Master

star 4
    She posted it! She posted it!
    Great writing, Mirax!
  5. Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! Wonderful start! I'm glad Mirax is posting again!
  6. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    Morning everybody! :D

LOL, you know I can't answer that question, Corell.

So, does anyone want me to continue? ;)
  7. Corell Jedi Master

star 4
    *waves hand wildly* ME! ME!
  8. Dark_Soldier Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Please
    Please
    Pretty please?
  10. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is not the post you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along, move along. :)
  11. mara03 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yay! I loved My Name is Myra!

On another note, I assume this story too deals with a young Mirax...but I suggest you keep writing stories 'till you get to a grown up married Mirax (and heck, now that she's missing from the NJO . . ). That would be awesome progression, and you write her better than even Stackpole did.

Jen
  12. PaysonTerrik Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great beginning! Good use of the ?mystery person? at the end ? you know how we all love/hate that!

And along the lines of what Mara03 said, it's a shame that so many great characters (such as Mirax) have been neglected in the NJO. Maybe the Fan Fics will just have to make up for that. . .
  13. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    *hops up and down* ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!! Great beginning Mirax! My compliments to your editor... who wants more! ;)
  14. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    mara03, you're too nice. I afraid my ego will just swell up and pop. ;)

Mirax is 17 is this story, not young but not old yet either. :)

LOL, lune! :D I'll send the next piece over soon, as soon as I get back from school. :D

Welcome back, Trooper IA-8148! I assume you're here to return to your partol duty? ;)

Oh gosh, I'm just full of smileys today! :D :D :D :D :D :) ;)
  15. Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeepee! You finally posted your sequel! I will be following this with grest interest!
  16. PaysonTerrik Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just doing my part to keep this at the top. We wouldn?t want any poor souls out there to not know about this!
  17. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yay! A new story! Post more soon.
  18. PaysonTerrik Jedi Knight

star 2
    Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Let?s hope Mirax will have some time to catch up on her writing! ;-)
  19. Dark_Soldier Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    Yay! It's break, no school! :D

I guess that means I have more time to stuff myself with turkey and write. ;)

Anyway, I have the next post ready, I just have to pass it through my editors.

Heehee, this next post was written mostly while I was listening to #1 Crush by Garbage. If that gives you any hint on what the post will be like . . . o_O ;)
  21. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  22. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    Why is this down here? UP!
  23. Corell Jedi Master

star 4
  24. Dark_Soldier Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Senni_Arava Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status: