main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT: "Pack your things. We're leaving."

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mace Windy, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    This just in:

The Prequel Trilogy Forum is all set to open on April 2nd. As part of the transition process from our Attack of the Clones forum to the PT forum, we will be turning off new threads in the forum on April 9th. We encourage you all to use the new PT forum for all of your Attack of the Clones related topics once it opens. Once again, new threads will be turned off starting on April 9th.

Worried about loosing some of your favorite threads? Don't be. I will be more than willing to move some of our threads to the new PT forum. I know that I will be moving some of the threads that I like and I invite you all to PM me with requests for threads that you'd like to see moved.

Our Attack of the Clones forum has thrived very nicely for the past three years. I hope that you are all proud of yourselves. Do not look at this move as an ending, however. It is really a beginning. I am sure that the new PT forum will be a lot of fun, and it will be nice to talk to some of the TPM people who don't normally hang out here. Hopefully they don't bite.

If you have any further questions, please PM me. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Hopefully they don't bite.

I wouldn't be so sure. [face_mischief]

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    *holds funeral for AOTC forum, complete with 3 headstones*

4. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey Windy, do you happen to know when they're going to incorporate ROTS into the PT forum? I remember there being a poll about when they should move it in, with options being right around the release, during the summer, after the DVD release, etc.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Non-spoiler discussion of ROTS will be allowed as it relates to the PT when the forum opens. We are not planning to incorporate 3NS into the PT forum. It will blend into 3SA after the film is out for a while. Then 3SA will merge into PT probably after the DVD comes out.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    April 2nd will be a day long remembered. :D

7. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ah... I'll miss the AOTC forums.

The 2SA forums became my JC home during the AOTC spoiler season, had much fun during these days.

Then, after May 22 2004, the big AOTC forum was born. First weeks of total chaos and the birth of a special thread called "The Fantastic Ian McDiarmid". No one would have thought that this little thread would last that long and would become the most active thread of the AOTC forum.

Apart from FIGS, some of the highlights definitely were the buzz around the leaked soundtrack and the anticipation for the DVD release. Those were great moments, almost three years ago!

Oh well, goodbye AOTC forum, you've been a great buddy! ;)

ps. I trust FIGS will be moved... we may be easily startled but will soon be back and in greater numbers... [face_devil]

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    So will we be allowed to discuss RotS after the movie's been out for a month? Or will there be no discussion of RotS untill 3SA is merged into PT?

9. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I feel like I lost a relative or something :(

But at the same time, its a time to rejoice. [face_devil]

10. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Damn this sucks! This forum was my definite fav, despite the fact that AotC was my least fav. movie :(

Again this sucks...

I hope the prequel one comes out to be as fun as this one.

11. Darth_Maulkor

Darth_Maulkor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2004
    I've only been here for a while but I'm feeling a sense of nostalgia.

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    No worries, FIGS will have a place of honor in the PT forum. After all, the PT would be nothing without Ian.

So will we be allowed to discuss RotS after the movie's been out for a month? Or will there be no discussion of RotS untill 3SA is merged into PT?

The PT forum will follow JC spoiler policy. This means that once ROTS is no longer a spoiler on the JC, it can be freely discussed. The balance of how that will work with the ROTS forum (3SA) will be discussed and communicated. My guess is that threads solely about ROTS will be moved to the ROTS forum. Threads that talk about the PT and reference ROTS will be allowed in PT.

13. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  14. MAGAX_DESTROYER

MAGAX_DESTROYER Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 4, 2005
    Do not look at this move as an ending, however. It is really a beginning.

=D=nice said=D=

But I am still [face_worried]

15. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Some threads I think should be moved,

FIGS
    Trivia thread
    is my Jar Jar coloring book canon

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
  17. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Its been moved PadmeLeiaJaina. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Thank you kindly Windy

[face_batting]

19. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Woohoo, all the basher/gusher wars concentrated in one place! Now, I shall concentrate this energy into a giant superweapon and my plans for fanboy domination will be complete! ;)

Joking, joking...the forum looks nice guys. :) It'll be easier to carry over topics and reference things without having to go to the trouble of pointing to different forums.

20. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
  21. Angel-Blue01

Angel-Blue01 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2005
    We can't forget Darth_Holliday's EUpisode II thread.

22. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Could we have the AOTC box office thread moved? Might be a nice companion thread to the ROTS thread that will pop up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.