main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Forum Banner Suggestions / Ark FF Name Ideas

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, it only seems fit. Almost every official FanForce Chapter across the world has their very own custom banner for their board. Maybe we should too! Maybe we could throw together a nickname for our FanForce and start Photoshopping some banners, eh? I think it'd be a lot of fun. Plus, once we get enough ideas and banners running rampant, we could then settle on a name or something.

Just for giggles, my old FanForce in Nashville had two names. One name was The Nashville FanForce - i.e., www.nashvilleforce.com. The other "official" name was Nashville After Darth, or better known as... *drum roll*... NAD! Yes, NAD. Perfectly vulgar. Gotta love it. ;)

Anyway, the banner works like below:

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/JC/Images/Spring_2002/snapshot.jpg]
    This is made up of all the elements needed for a custom banner.

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/JC/images/Spring_2002/banner.jpg]
    The Banner (Foreground)

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/JC/images/Spring_2002/curve.jpg]
    The Curve

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/JC/images/Spring_2002/left_strip.jpg]
    The Sidebar

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/JC/images/Spring_2002/background.jpg]
    The Background

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/JC/images/Mod_Squad_2002a/adholder_left.jpg]
    Ad Holder - Left

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/JC/images/Mod_Squad_2002a/adholder_rt.jpg]
    Ad Holder - Right

Let the creations... BEGIN! :D

2. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Well I don't know how to do that kind of stuff but there should definatly be a Razorback with a lightsaber in it.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    A razorback with a saber? hehehe Dunno about that now... that's taking it a lil too far. But oh well I'm juz one voice amongst us all ;)

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I don't think there is anything wrong with a Razorback, per se. BUT, not everyone is a fan of the hogs. Plus, to be fair we'd have to represent all the other colleges in the state.... Arghhh!!! Keep thinking guys.

5. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    How about Slick Willy in Sith robes with a cigar saber?

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    What is AR known for besides the Hogs? (It ain't that I'm not a Hog fan...don't get me wrong. I'm juz looking out for the entire state. Not juz a section of it)

What has been a symbol of this state (prior to the Razorback) I was juz trying to figure out what to use as state (not necessarily college - college is only a speck of the state since there are more than one colleges)

Dunno if we could utilize the state tree/flower/bird or something or we could juz do all out Star Wars and forget about 'state' symbols/pics.

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Well other than diamond mines, Wally World, Tyson, Maverick, JB Hunt just to name a few I cant think of anything. I was really looking forward to the Hog not actully A Razorback but a red hog tunick and cape holding a saber with maybe a few peices of armor and a blaster this way it repersintce most of the Star Wars good and bad. Oh almost forgot but it has been mentioned already Slick Willy.

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Hmmmm... Slick Willy in Sith Robes. Now, that would be an interesting take. I may have to do some research on Arkansas' history, then I'll pop back in with some ideas.

9. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Yes Darth Willie that would be the bomb! With his cuban cigar lightsaber.

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey Ramon came up with an idea for the the icon maybe ;) Hillbilly with a lightsaber *snrk* messed up hair and teeth and wearing coveralls ;) dunno how that'll float but I got a chuckle over it!

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    OK juz to ensure folks know of my sanity. I only mentioned the hillbilly cuz it was funny at the time hehehe

Sad thing was that as soon as Ramon said that I had an instant image of my uncle (yeah he's as hillbilly as hillbilly can be! 8-} hehehe) and it juz caused me to laugh.

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I've got a little sumpin' cookin' in the oven on this. When I get to where I deem it viewable, I'll post here for you all to see.

13. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok we need a name nothing is to dumn at this point. I'll start it of with some I remember being mentioned in theold board before we went official:
    The Saberbacks
    The Razorblades
    Arkansas Galactic Renegades
    Arkansas Fan Force
    The Natural Force
    The Right Fist of Sooiee
    heres a few of braindead names for us a couple are preety good. Give us more ideas.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh I liked: Arkansas Galactic Renegades Yeah! That juz rocks hehehe though the Natural Force sounded sweet hehehehe hmmm toss up between them two for me ;)

Hey Henry you still thinking the hillbilly fighting the Darth Hog bit? An Obi-Wan hillbilly hehehe I like the diamond in the background! That was a great idea!

15. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Hmmm... Arkansas Galactic Renegades. Interesting. AGR... I could see that growing on me.

Tapping off that.. we could use Rebels or Rebellion in place of Renegades too, i.e. - The Arkansas Galactic Rebellion (TAGR) or The Arkansas Galactic Rebels (TAGR). Maybe even The Arkansas Rebellion (TAR). I'll try to think of others too.

16. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    For CII SirStevesGuide had made name badges that you could print out and wear so you could reconized but other forum members. I had come up with the name Galactic Renegade and my wife and freind thought I was crazy. And when I had mentioned it for the name of the group a month or so ago they really thought I was stupid. Even if its not chosen or changed up some Im glad two so far think it was a little ok. HAHHA

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Is SirSteve still doing that for C3? I can't remember where the guide was located.

EDIT: Okay, I think I've found his site. Now I just need to find where it's placed there.

18. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I havnt heard anything for CIII. But we might design somthing for us we used to do sports picture around town for the kids. And I had thought if everyone was interested later after getting several more people doing like trading card type things. We could use them to hand out like bussiness cards to people we meet. But could probably do somthing like ID tags for CIII they wouldnt cost everyone to much I will try to get one made up for next meeting as a sample.

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Speaking of the next meeting, we probably need to settle on a time and place. Start a new thread for it maybe?

20. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I'll leave that one up to ShadowScout04 for that one shes got an idea if anyones interested.

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I thought her idea was nifty. :)

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Actually Rebels is used a lil to often I've noticed, is renegades? Renegades sounds cool hehehe if not renegades what could we use in place of it? I love the 'Arkansas Galactic' part for sure :D If anything the 'renegades' part could go along with the hillbilly Jedi fighting Darth Hog ;)

23. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, the only reason I mentioned Rebels was because it was Star Wars oriented. I've never heard the word Renegades in Star Wars. Of course, there's always a first time for everything. ;)

I am trying to think of something "Imperial" to use. We don't want to be the "good guys" do we? MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well personally I'd prefer Sith ;) but then again we got some 'Imperial troopers' so the 'Sith' wouldn't apply to them [face_laugh]

True.. renegade isn't SW related unless you mention Renegade Jedi [face_mischief]

[face_thinking] Arkansas Galactic Dark Siders Hmmm dunno about that one either...

25. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    How about the Arkansas Fan Force Sith Heads..... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.