main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Forum Banner!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BultarSwan, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    All right! It's time to start thinking about a banner for our forum! :D I don't have the size requirements as of yet, but hope to soon. Until then, start those paintbrushes/mouse pointers/whatevers!!

The one thing our banner MUST have is our name, Grand Admiral Rapids. It would also be a good idea to put Fan Force in there somewhere.

2. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Within this link are the answers to any and all technical questions you may have. Have fun! :D

3. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Okay, I didn't really understand all of the programming stuff- but I did get how big to make the banner part:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/PretenderNX01/Fan%20Art/GrandARapids.jpg]
    Click the photo and it will look right :p

I just grabbed a panoramic shot of Grand Rapids, a shot of the Calder and used a couple Anakin pics I had already downloaded. I didn't really know where to begin or what characters to use so I just did this for fun and practice. It didn't take very long.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Pretender, that looks really good and you are certianly on the right track. Don't worry about the programming aspect, I will deal with that when setting it up.

5. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    It's a good start, but might I submit for your consideration that perhaps we should have a Grand Admiral in our banner rather than Anakin? I mean, he's hip and cool in the SW universe right now, but we are Grand Admiral Rapids. :)

6. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    I just threw together what I had just to get the conversation going.

I think the only Grand Admiral I know of is Thrawn. I'm not really aware of every character in the universe. And like I said it was just a couple ideas as a rough and not meant to be a finished piece. ;)

I'm also not thinking I'm the only one who can do this. So anyone else have ideas for a banner? What characters should there be? Only Impiral ones, or every series?

What about a logo? Should we have a special logo like R2Detroit has? Or should it just be a command badge? Something that incorerates the Calder?

What about the side bar? Just a colored bar like in Collecting or a montage of characters?

7. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Characters- I'd say every kind. We have quite a few types of costumes out there.

A logo...whatever whoever thinks up that the majority agrees on.

Something that incorerates the Calder?

I like that idea.

What about the side bar? Just a colored bar like in Collecting or a montage of characters?

That's up to whoever is creating the banner unless we all start coming up with ideas.

Good start, pretender. :D

8. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Anyone got a good shot of GR I can borrow? My searches have come up fruitless, with graphics that are far too small. Sadness. I have some ideas, but a little help would be hot. :)

9. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    I used this photo from this page off a site called croppy.net.

I found it doing an image search thru yahoo for "grand rapids". Obviously I shrunk it down ad trimmed it. :p

And this is the Calder shot I used. I found searching "calder plaza".

10. GeneralCrespin

GeneralCrespin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    I know if you're coming on NB 131 toward G.R., about a mile before the Byron Center exit, the skyline looks pretty cool from there, I think it's one of the only places you can really see it, not sure though.

I like the sculpture, but the button-thing looks wrong. Regarding what Grand Admiral... Zaarin is always one I've been partial too, him and Thrawn. The SW Essential Chronology lists all the Grand Admirals, IIRC, but there's only drawings/descriptions of a few.

11. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    What if at the next meeting we take a photo of everyone in attendance and use that for the background of the banner....just an idea

12. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    What if at the next meeting we take a photo of everyone in attendance and use that for the background of the banner....just an idea

*Mutters* :p

13. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I think the Chancellor is hinting that people should come to the meeting. Oh I do like the idea of using the Grand Rapids skyline and the Caldor in the banner.

14. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    I'll come if I got the time and the ride.

*pokes swan*

15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    *Pokes Mistryl* :p

To the meeting thread go you must. ;) I can't help with the ride, sorry. :(

16. Jedi_Mo-Gui

Jedi_Mo-Gui Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    Hello All..

I saw this posting and thought I would throw something together.

I actually have a few variations of this design that I have made.

Please let me know what you think, and if you might have any more possiable suggestions.

Each of the elements that I used are seperate and can be moved or used for something else.

I also was thinking that we could use the Calder Orb to replace the Ad_left.gif & Ad_right.gif, though they would both be the same, maybe I can make it another color to make it stand out...

http://moguidesign.zapto.org

May the Force be with you all,

Jedi Mo-Gui

17. Darth_Mikiro

Darth_Mikiro Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    hey hey! ya made it on!! *Darth_Mikiro does a little Sith dance*

18. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Cool banner Jedi Mo-Gui!!!! =D=
    And welcome to the club. Hope to see you at the next meeting also.

19. Jedi_Mo-Gui

Jedi_Mo-Gui Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    Thanks Leia

I hope to make it to the meeting and see whats going on..

20. ps2_jedi

ps2_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    Hi All, I havnt been on here in a while, but here I am!
    Im making a banneer and a logo.
    I should have it up in a while.

21. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    It's good to see some new faces and some old ones! :D We have a great start. I would like to get at least a few more before we have a vote on the banner, but we'll see. I'd like to give us at least a little more time.

22. VADER674

VADER674 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005

Very cool banner Jedi Mo-Gui! Needs maybe some characters in it though, a little steril...but great start!=D=

23. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    I've got no clue how to put it together but here's the link for my stuff.

background

front

corner

sidebar

If anyone would tell me how to put it into a board in the correct design I'll do that and just one thing to say, Swan made me do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.