main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Forum Denizens! Announcing Saga Forum Banner Poll/Contest Thing!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Hello all,

I had meant to do this a while ago, but apparently I am very forgetful. Anyway, it came to our attention that there was some demand for spicing up the visual appeal of the forums. While it appears that the forum software will not allow us to change the main image at the top for each forum, we can display a forum-specific banner below that, as the Prequel and Fan Art forums (among others) currently do.

So! You are invited to create banners for this purpose and post them in this thread. (Use image tags.) What we'll do is have this thread open for submissions from now til, say, the end of February (the 29th). Then, we'll take the submissions and open a poll thread that will run the length of March, where everyone can vote on their favorite. Whichever one wins will go up.

(Perhaps we can work out a change every so often, but we haven't really given that any thought yet.)

The Prequel forum's banner is a 1200 x 250 pixel *.jpg image, so I'd say stick to that format unless and until we find out otherwise.

As far as some guidelines for the imagery - just remember that the Saga forum is focused on the films. Also, given this forum's in-depth nature, it frequently delves into the history of the saga's development (by which I mean to imply that there tends to be some behind-the-scenes here, and that GL is a big influence here even if he's not the current auteur). The Saga forum is not focused around EU, Legends, TV material, new-canon, etc, even if there plausibly could be definitions of 'saga' that include them. The films are the core of what this place was designed to be all about.

Alrighty then - let me know if you have questions, and have at it!

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Any specific art style?

3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    The various banners on various forums currently employ cartoons, photomontage, and things in-between.So I say, go with whatever you like using (and represents 'the saga.') I know it's vague, but I don't wanna close off possibilities that I might not have thought of, if there is someone enthusiastic about them.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Here is my Submission:

[​IMG]

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Jeditraitor - wasn't that the cover of one of the SWRPG books? It is pretty cool, though...

7. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Correction: jeditraitor, I can't see your post anymore and neither can anakinfan. Did you take it down?
    Considering the time has run out and we have now one visible submission, it looks like we'll likely have that one put up ("congratulation!!"), but keep this thread open for more submissions to draw from over time. With such a low number of submissions, it may be possible to simply rotate through them (we'll see).

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Yay. I feel special. On the other hand, thejeditraitor's submission is visible for me.

9. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Too late to make one? Id like to try :)

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Go ahead so we'll have some options to rotate through. We'll get SuperSecretMuffin's banner up ASAP.

There is also a banner contest in Classic Trilogy if you're interested.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, there's one of these threads here too! I'm late to find these things :p
    If it's not too late to submit, I'd like to give it a go :)

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, I did make one anyway!

[​IMG]

Davak24, Sarge, Darthmaul208 and 3 others like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks TigerCraneFist . :) We're looking at rotating the banners occasionally for variety so I encourage people to submit what they have.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This is awesome!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks! :)

Darkslayer likes this.