main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forum Fan Film Series Idea

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ellbobin, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    OK, I know that it has been discussed before, the idea of everyone working on one film, and its never worked. But now I have an idea that might work.

We all make one episode of a series. The series is called Jedi Holocaust (or something along those lines) it involves the Jedi trying to escace the empire. Each one is about 10 mins in length so reasonably short. Some Jedi get captured, killed by the empire, join Vader or duel with Vader himself.

Its an idea, I wanted to do one episode along these lines anyway so I thought a series might be fun.

Comments please.

2. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Hands up who has a vader suit! Nobody? Oh ok then.

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Would be better to use your idea in a non starwars setting.
    Just a original film series when the group makes the next turn of events up.
    Meh, will never happen though.

4. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Battle Royale Anthology anyone?

5. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Wasn't this already attempted with that Holocron thingy?

6. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Kinda, but this one has more flexibility. The other one had a set story, this one just has a vague outline.

7. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hmm. This would require a bit of planning so it doesn't start out as "Jedi vs. the Empire" and turn into like.. Hercules in space or something.

I mean, whoever is in chage, I assume this would be you Ellbobin, would have to give each group a story they need to tell. They make the script, action, and so on, but during that they need to explain, say, how the Jedi get off the planet or something. Just a basic idea.

Eh, it could work if people wanted it to.

-Vaportrail

8. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    The great thing is the story is : jedi gets off planet, and everyone can put a personal touch on it, there could be a space chase, saber duels, bounty hunters anything realy (with in reason)

9. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    What about five-minute snippets a la "Clone Wars"?

Use the plot device the animated movie "Heavy Metal" used: a single item in contention(in the case of "Metal", of course, it was the "Loc-Nar" orb). Surround this oddity in mystery. Does it contain something more valuable? Is the item itself valuable? Each filmmaker can put his/her own spin on it, but there should be a reason why the Jedi Order would take an interest in it.

Smugglers can get involved for the money or personal reasons. Perhaps the item has some kind of symbolic meaning that would interest a Senator or two.

Why restrict it to one Jedi? How about either one Jedi or a Master/Padawan team for each chapter? Each director can create an original Jedi character or two, perhaps inspired by some of the original characters created by the Rebel Legion costuming group(where there are a LOT of them...and they might be open to bringing their fully-costumed characters to life).

You could even do variations of a non-Jedi nature if it were a single item that was the thread for the series. Good-aligned bounty hunters. Republic Pilots and/or Clone soldiers fighting over it. Perhaps it brings a Sith and a Jedi together, thus provoking the settling of a blood oath.

Perhaps, too, this one plot device can challenge fanfilmmakers to work around all the things that RocketGirl's cliches taught us not to do. :)

Heck, you could even use the darn thing to elicit some comic relief if you wanted.

Making a Jedi the conjoining focus can result in creative problems and possible friction. One actor doing the role better than another. Problems with one director's interpretation of the character as opposed to another's. I figure the central focus should be kept inanimate and again, shrouded in mystery insofar as any complexity might pertain to this object.

Oh...and it should be something OTHER than a Holocron.

Or a Loc-Nar. :)

Just my $.02 in Republic Credits, peeps. :D

- Johnny

10. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Yeah, seeing as each episode is differnt, a differnt jedi or group of jedi trying to escape and either making it or not.

11. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    As a note: If I remember right, that's basically the exact same idea that they had for the Holocron thing.

EDIT: Uh, Ell...that seems a bit of a flimsy premise to make an entire series of things on.

12. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    As a note: Funk-E is correct.

But, hey, if you can get it goin' . . . . more power to ya!

13. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    well, each person can make it as basic or complicated as they like.

14. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Well, my advice to you is to plan this out a little more in depth. Analyze why the previous attempts at this sort of thing have failed, and see if you can't remedy that before you start in.

15. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.