main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forum Feud Rules, Bracket and Announcements -THE FINAL ROUND

Discussion in 'Archive: Forum Feud (20th Anniversary Edition)' started by mavjade , Jun 27, 2018.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Welcome to the JCF 20th Anniversary edition of Forum Feud!

[​IMG]
    Image curtesy of DarthIntegral
    Here, teams from all over the Jedi Council Forums will face off against each other in a battle for bragging rights for their favorite forum and win colors for themselves.

This game was run previously in 2008 and hosted by DarthIntegral, we’ve used a lot of his rules and wording, so we thank him for his hard work. You can find the previous edition of Forum Feud HERE. Though some of it is truncated, there’s still a lot of fun to be had reading and reliving the old Feud.

Your hosts this time around (because we aren’t crazy enough to do it alone!) are Bardan_Jusik, Darth Chiznuk, Healer Leona, mavjade, and TheSilentInfluence.

This thread will serve as a place to see who is playing, the game bracket as it progresses, and for all announcements related to the game.
    Games play will start on Monday, July 16th, though your team may not start that day.

How Gameplay Will Work

Every forum is allowed to submit up to two teams (with exception of the JCC and New Movies who can submit up to 4) of 5 people each, with one alternate per team. How those teams are chosen is up to the mods of that forum. See your forum to signup. If there is no signup, let us know and we'll make it happen.

The teams will then choose a captain, team name, colors, and a team slogan.

Teams will randomly be placed into a bracket, though no team will initially play against it’s own forum.

Two teams will square off in a game. One of the hosts will PM a question to the team captain and ask a survey question. The player who responds with the highest ranking answer will win the face off. If both respond with the same level answer, the player who responds quickest from the time read to answer will win.

The player who wins this face off question will then have their team continue to play the game. The team will post their responses in thread (no help from the audience, please!) and the host will let you know if that answer is on the board.

The team will continue to give answers in order given by the hosts at the start of the game until they get all the answers or until they have three incorrect answers (strikes). (EDIT: Answers should be individual, you should not be consulting your team for your answers.) If they clear the board, they win the round. If they get three strikes before they clear the board, the opposing team will get one chance to answer. (EDIT: This is the only time a team consensus can be made, if you are going for the steal.) If the opposing team gets an answer (just one!) that is on the board, they win the round. If not, the original team wins the round. The winner of the round gets the cumulative total points assigned to each answer that was shown on the board based on the number of respondents from the survey.

The game continues in this fashion with the next person on the team list taking place of the Captain for the initial PM question. Their game will have point values doubled, and all games after that will have point values tripled.

The first team to 300 points wins the game and advances in the tournament. They also get to play the bonus round.

The Bonus Round

In the bonus round, the winning team sends two players to play. They are PMed 5 questions from the host. They give their best answers and get the point values attached to the number of survey responses. The prize for the entire team is dictated by the value of their answers which consists of every team member wins their team colors, VIPship and a title.

If they score a combined total of fewer than 50 points the prize is for 24 hours.
    Score of 51-99 points the prize is for 48 hours
    Score of 100-149 the prize is for 72 hours
    Score of 150 and 199 points the prize is for 96 hours
    200 points of more the prize is for 1 week.

In the case of both players sending the same answer, the player who sent the answer second will be asked to send another answer.

General Rules

Responses are expected in 24 hours for both the PM and in thread portions of the game. Users will be tagged (@ Username) when they are up, but you should still pay attention to the game as tags sometimes don’t work. Team captains should pay attention and remind their team when the deadline is approaching. Any team who does not have an answer in 24 hours will receive a strike.

If you know you will not be able to answer within 24 hours in an upcoming part of the tournament, your captain may replace you with the alternate, or a mod of your forum may step in. This trade must be made prior to the question being sent out.

The TOS applies to everything in this game, if you send an answer that breaks the TOS, it’s an automatic strike.

FAQ

What Happens to those who lose?
    Unfortunately this is a one loss tournament, so you will be out of the game. The mods of your forum will be forced to wear the colors of the winning team and put the winning teams slogan in their signature for the amount of time the winners get their colors.

What happens to those who win the entire tournament?
    The team that wins the tournament will have ultimate bragging rights for themselves and their forum! Also every member of the team will be given VIPship, a title and colors for two weeks.

I’m not in this game, can I participate in the game threads?
    Absolutely! Just don’t give out any answers and while a bit of back and forth is fine, try to keep it to a minimum. Also, please keep the taunting friendly.

I didn't sign up in time, can I play?
    Sorry, once the teams are set, that's it. But a team may need an alternate, ask in your forums signup thread. Otherwise, just join in cheering on your favorite forum.

What happens when the bracket gets to 5 teams (Round 3)?
    The two losing teams from Round 2 with the highest scores will play each other for a chance to win a place into Round 3 (the play-in game). This game will take place while two of the Round 3 games are going on. The winner of the play-in game will play the highest scoring team from Round 2.

The same thing will happen to get into the semi final round (Round 4).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Team and Player List

Celebration / Lucas Film - 1 Team

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    waiting for April

Obi Anne - Captain
    star_wars_is_good
    zcure1
    Gobi -1
    MotivateR5D4

Community - 4 Teams

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    "we know the hour because of festivals"

Vin - Captain
    Boba_Fett_2001
    tom
    hudzu
    dp4m
    Alternate: Boba Nekhbet

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    Not that John Williams

solojones - Captain
    SuperWatto
    Rylo Ken
    Diggy
    Darth Punk

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    If you end up killing me in a voodoo ritual and raping my corpse, please at least keep my pickled head in a jar as a memento.

Harpua - Captain
    AutumnLight91
    I Are The Internets
    gezvader28
    epic

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    Get an IMDb Page!

TiniTinyTony - Captain
    MrZAP
    Jordan1Kenobi
    Juliet316
    DarthTunick
    Alternate: jabba-wocky

Expanded Universe Community- 1 Team

[​IMG]
    yub yub Commander!!

Rebecca_Daniels - Captain
    Adalia-Durron
    Ananta Chetan
    Khalia Octa
    Warrior_Goddess
    Alternate: Mitth_Fisto

FanFiction - 1 Team

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    "When canon just isn't enough... Fanfic!"

DaenaBenjen42 - Captain
    brodiew
    Raissa Baiard
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    RX_Sith

Literature- 2 Teams

Heirs to the Jedi - Eliminated
    Vncredleader -Captain (??)

SWPants
    Outsourced
    mnjedi
    Charlemagne19
    Alternate: TatooineSandworm

[​IMG] - Eliminated

DarkEagle - Captain
    Darth_Duck
    Ma_petite
    Abalore
    The Positive Fan
    Alternate: starfish

New Films - 4 Teams

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    "This oil bath is going to feel so good"

EHT- Captain
    Birkendock
    Princess Kenobi
    Dolphin
    anakinfansince1983

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    "After I lost my leg... I just couldn't ride anymore"

Patriarch: YodaMinch (Captain)

Sister Wife: A Chorus of Disapproval
    Sister Wife: PymParticles
    Foster Child we keep for the check: 11-4D
    Family Cat with irritable bowels: Bor Mullet

[​IMG] - Eliminated

"Got Milk?"

Artoo-Dion - Captain
    TheYodaPagoda
    Ender_and_Bean
    cerealbox
    One Quarter Portion

[​IMG] - Eliminated

Luke'sSeveredHand - Captain
    zackm
    JoJoPenelli
    The Legions of Lettow
    Bigal6ft6
    Alternate: Buddha Fett

Prequel Trilogy - 3 Teams

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    "Anything that can go wrong will."

darkspine10 - Captain
    BadCane
    Seagot
    B99
    Darth Weavile
    Alternate: Count Yubnub

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    "We'll try winning, that's a good trick."

Jedi Knight Fett - Captain

B3
    Pensivia
    Darth Nerdling
    Huttese 101
    Alternate: Prime Jedi

[​IMG]
    "They don’t call us “those meddling kids” for nothing!"

Nehru_Amidala - Captain
    Moll
    CIS Droid
    heels
    Valency Jane
    Alternate: cubman987

Role Playing Forum - 1 Team

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    "Always Prepared For Adventure"

Corellian_Outrider- Captain

Reynar_Tedros
    Kalio_Dynkos
    HanSolo29
    WookieeRage
    Alternate: Mitth_Fisto

Star Wars Community - 1 Team

[​IMG] - Eliminated

Lady Belligerent - Captain
    Guideman
    Dagobahsystem
    Jedi Gunny
    JediMaster1511

Star Wars TV - 1 Team

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    Experience outranks everything

Jedi Master Scorpio -Captain
    Ahsoka's Tano
    Snafu55
    teamhansolo
    DarthTalgus

Welcome New Users/Classic Trilogy - 1 Team

[​IMG] - Eliminated
    We drink, and we know things.

Ava G. - Captain
    Voss Fulris
    ThisIsMe1138
    WriterMan
    Bazinga'd

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Pensivia likes this.
  3. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Tournament Bracket

Round 1

Game 1: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (RPF vs. PT) 301 to 0 - Ready Player One Wins
    Game 2: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (WNU/CT vs. New Films) 474 to 294 Tyrion's Tyrant's win
    Game 3: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (SWTV vs. New Films) 217 to 417 - The Power Converters win
    Game 4: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (Community vs. PT) 559 to 142 - V1N wins
    Game 5: Heirs to the JCF vs. [​IMG] (Lit vs. EUC) 178 to 306 The Dancing Ewoks win
    Game 6: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (Community vs. Celebration/Lucas FIlm) 142 to 306 Mace Windy Cloud City Riders win
    Game 7: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (PT vs. New Films) 588 to 280 Mystery Inc Squad wins
    Game 8: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (FanFic vs. Lit) SnazzyJediScribblers win!
    Game 9: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (Community vs. New Films) 531 to 256 Almost Famous Wins!
    Game 10: [​IMG] vs. [​IMG] (SWC vs. Community) 140 to 346 Tobias' Bandits win

Round 2

Game 1: The Dancing Ewoks (EUC) vs. Tobias' Bandits (Community) 496 to 0 The Dancing Ewoks win!
    Game 2: Almost Famous (Community) vs. The Power Converters (New Films) 275 to 281 The Power Converters win!
    Game 3: Ready Player One (RPF) vs. Tyron's Tyrants (WNU/CT) 399 to 89 Ready Player One wins!
    Game 4: Mystery Inc Squad (PT) vs. SnazzyJediScribblers(FanFic) 426 to 84 Mystery Inc Squad wins!
    Game 5: V1N (Community) vs. Mace Windy Cloud City Riders(Celebration/Lucas Film) 513 to 285 V1N wins!

Round 3

Play-in Game: Almost Famous (Community) vs. Mace Windy Cloud City Riders(Celebration/Lucas Film) 339 to 62 Almost Famous wins

Game 1: The Dancing Ewoks (EUC) vs. Mystery Inc Squad (PT) 426 to 115 The Dancing Ewoks win!
    Game 2: The Power Converters (New Movies) vs. Ready Player One (RPF) 323 to 83 The Power Converters win!
    Game 3: V1N (Community) vs. Almost Famous 453 to 116 V1N win!

Round Four: Semi-finals
    Play-in Game: Almost Famous vs. Mystery Inc Squad - Mystery Inc Squad win!

Game 1: The Power Converters vs. The Dancing Ewoks - The Dancing Ewoks win!
    Game 2: V1N vs. Mystery Inc Squad - Mystery Inc Squad win!

Final Round
    The Dancing Ewoks vs. Mystery Inc Squad

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    EHT and Healer_Leona like this.
  4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Announcements

September 12 -
    A Category 5 Hurricane is about to his the east coast of the US. This will change the 24 hours to respond rules just a bit. See the post for more info.

August 28th
    - Round 3 begins. A few small changes.

July 25th - Any team who is caught cheating will be disqualified and the members will face a potential ban.

Looking up the answers online (trying to find where we got the questions), and discussing answers when you are the team who is playing are considered cheating.

The only time you are allowed to discuss answers is if your team is not playing the board (after the PM part when a round starts and your team lost that part) and you are going to try and steal.

July 20th - There was a question in regards to what happens when we get to 5 teams on the bracket. the tl;dr answer: There will be play-in games to bring the teams up to an even number. Please click the link in the date for the full explanation.

July 16th - We're still waiting to finalize one more team that's going to be a combination team. This won't effect game play starting, but I won't be posting the full team list until that is finalized.
    This has been completed.

There will be 20 teams, so 10 first round games. We'll be staggering the start with only a few games starting each day, and some of those first round games won't start until others have already finished.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Other Stuff

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wow. gutted.

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm in

Diggy likes this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'll join if you'll have me and if others don't want to.

Otherwise, I'll make my own JCC team #2 and see if any of these JCCers want to play
    @heels1785, @Juliet316, @BigAl6ft6, @Sith_Sensei__Prime

BigAl6ft6 and Healer_Leona like this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

At least Tony is so much worse than me.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    tom likes this.
  11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is your opening for the dirtiest dis track in history.

EHT, MrZAP, CT-867-5309 and 5 others like this.
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    epic likes this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Worse how?

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    In every way! You're even the worse Tony. And my name isn't Tony.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    tom likes this.
  17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I welcome anyone who wants to join my team, @tom, @Healer_Leona, even my buddies over in the Lit forum if they already haven't got a team.

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Started a thread in the JCC

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

I'm in!

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, I’ll play.

Diggy likes this.
  23. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Yeah we won the bloody thing

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    @SuperWatto replace Diggy with me. Diggy vindt België een beter land dan Nederland. [face_plain] I'm sure of it.

Darth Punk likes this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I’m a fan of all Benelux countries, and of all Of Scandinavia. But only a truly great country can belong to both.

Get in the alternate queue, convict.