main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX forum header design contest

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by stone, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Thanks to Kevin and Jay for working on the banners! :D

Elements I really like are:
  2. Kevin's Dallas Cityscape w/Empire-style DFW logo and the Imperial shuttle
  3. Count Juli-ooku and Relaxin' Jar Jar [face_laugh]
  4. Jay's encircled DFWFF hologram :)

5. So, are these the final versions, or can some tweaking be done ?[face_plain]

Reason I ask is, stone #1 has imo the best design, but is pretty dark, dry, and depressing...kind of a "Suicide Hotline" feel to it. Not sure that's the vibe we want to project ;)

Any way to lighten up/insert more color elements or add some gradation to the background color ?[face_plain]

Again, thanks guys for taking the time to work on banner proposals! :cool:

6. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Don't listen to Brian. It needs to be darker. We need more shots of Palpy in his Sidious outfit... Maul in the hanger door... or perhaps Qui-Gon lying on the ground with a burn mark in his torso... perhaps in a small pool of blood. That would give it some color. A nice deep crimson forground with Black and Deep Grey background.

mmmmmm.... [face_devil]

7. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    Nice....

Or Luke's bloody stub with DFW FANFORCE written in crimson red from the dripping nub.

8. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    hey brian, look for the little knoby on your monitor called "BRIGHTNESS" and give that a littel twist into the positive direction.

9. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    What about creating a Holiday-style banner? We could use it till the New Year, then load up the banner that wins the current election.

Or, there's a default Christmas-y banner that'll replace the current JC yellow fever in a couple weeks...and some festive Holiday icons again :D

10. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    <Dr. Nick> Hi Everybody! </Dr.Nick> ;)

Thought Id chime in on this, hope ya dont mind! I really like two of the options you have up there.

I like how Jango has really 'personalized' the banner with the cityscape and actual members of DFWFF. And who can resist Hot Tub Jar Jar? :D (Yeah, so Im a little biased, hush. :p )

The other one I like is Stone's #3. Even unfinished, I really like the look of it. Very clean and to the point.

Great work, both of you! Of course this prolly doesnt mean much coming from somone whos greatest editing achievement was resizing a pic. :p

11. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    So when are you getting your new banner?

I can't wait to see it :D

12. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Looks like the banner will be up after the move to the new host provider is completed.

Then we'll be stylin' :cool:

13. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    this is me, tapping my foot, waiting for the new, non "cirrhosis of the liver" design...

14. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    stone, looks like your #1 design is the crowd pleaser :D

If you could split it up into the:
    Foreground.jpg - 764 x 110,
    Background.jpg - 764 x 110,
    Side.jpg - 32 x 465,
    Curve.jpg - 69 x 69,
    Also, choose the ad_left.jpg, ad_right.jpg, and forums.jpg - 437 x 88 (as detailed on page one of this thread), then send me the url's for each piece, we'll submit it for addition to the list of custom banners and I'll change our forum style to match it!

15. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    well, there may be a problem with the banner contest...

see, stone recently lost not only his ISP for internet and service, but he also lost both his primary hard drive in his laptop AND his backup HD on his server (where he backs his laptop up to). based on this info and a conversation we were having the other day, it's VERY LIKELY that ALL his data was lost, including everything he had for the forum header design contest.

so until/unless he finds a solution, we may be up "cirrhosis" creek without a... *cough* liver. *ahem*

16. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    The one above can be cut up and uploaded

17. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Not sure what your talking about, Mike. The entire DFW site and all its directories, including all the header designs, are intact. They just need to be uploaded to TFN.

:cool:

18. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    yes, the DFWFF homepage is still up cause it was on a different machine. and now it's not hosted at/by stone at all. he had to bring his box here to my DSL just to upload it to an online-hosting service.

again, i'm just going off of what he told me just a couple of days ago... that he thinks he lost all the banner stuff when his 2 HDs failed.

why else do you think it hasn't been done and/or he hasn't responded lately? he's got very limited access to the net (from school mostly i think).

19. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
  20. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    yes we still have the JPGs
    but we dont have the photoshop LAYERED PSDs

i'll never be able to seperate the images from the text if we need to, or finish the unfinished ones. those are lost forever.

[yes, i'm limited connectivity. i'm using the skool's at the moment.]

21. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    I thought design #1 was voted the one to use. Why does it have to be altered? We need something other than the usual. I just don't want to have to experience the "Valentine" theme thats about to hit us.

22. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    LOL, you ain't just whistlin' Dixie! All manner of pink, fuchsia, etc. are about to assault our senses! :eek:

So, who can do the necessary chop & touch-up work on the banner then ?[face_plain]

23. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Don't look at me. I'm not stepping in that boat after my last photoshop "disaster". :D

24. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    2 words...

stikfas
    down syndrome

25. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    OH CRAP!!!!

Can we please add a different forum header? I don't know what this baby-blue on white scheme is supposed to be, but its nauseating. :(

26. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Okay, until such time as the stone banner is broken up as required, I'll be hunting around for a better default than the one the JC is using...just bear with me.

27. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Hey Bri

Games has a sheme that would look good with Stone banner. I swiped to for Waco and changed it a bit.

28. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Ok I have to ask...

Why the million posts banner?

29. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    What million posts banner ?[face_plain]

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.