main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Forum Move

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Feb 3, 2012.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay, as you can see (hopefully) from the pop up at the top of the page it looks like the forum move will finally be coming up soon. This is great news so new members can finally join the boards. It?s been frustrating these last few months as I?ve met other SW fans out there that I educated about us but knew they couldn?t join and post.

I think here at the good old LGA we?ll weather this change over just fine. We (mostly) have our upcoming plans in order. There?s supposed to be temporary boards up in the meantime but who knows what form they?re going to take or what limitations they?ll have. According to the pop up we'll have 2 weeks notice.

So to review the next month or so of plans?

-We have TPM Fri Feb 10 at 8PM at Stoneybrook

-Although we haven?t made firm plans on what exactly we?re doing some of us are going to SW in 60 min at the Alley Feb 24

-We have the Troy Denning book signings in mid-March

By then hopefully the boards will be back up and we can start ConGlomeration planning (April 13th)

If this move takes longer than expected email me at jedimika(at)hotmail(dot)com and we?ll start an email chain or something.

Make sure the email on your member profile is accurate and watch the communications threads for updates.

Anything anyone can think of I may be overlooking?

2. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Book club the 6th

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks Mika, this is exciting, but scary at the same time. It's that ooooooooh moment you feel when the roller coaster is just taking off. :D

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, I'm also hoping anyone whose account might be messed up (or they forgot their password) like Estraya will be able to re-up.

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Look at the top of the page---March 21st!

Hopefully this will be finished quickly (lol!)and not run into our ComGlom room get together party planning. Just in case if you want to be kept in the loop PM me your email. There will be temporary boards but I don't know how they'll be set up or how much functionality there'll be. you can also email me at jedimika(at)hotmail(dot)com

6. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

Also, and this may just be me being a mother hen, but the luink at the top says we have to make sure our private email address is updated or we run the risk of being locked out.

7. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Mine is good to go and has been since they began talking about it. Everyone, please make sure your private e-mail is updated.

But what about those who haven't been able to access the boards like Nocturnus and Estreya? If they're e-mail has changed, they might not be able to log on.
    If not, I suppose they'll be able to create a new account at that time.

In the end, all well be well that ends well. =D=

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    from the FAQ

"What can I expect when the new board opens?

Your password will not be transferred, so in order to log in for the first time, you will need to initiate the password recovery and have your new password emailed to you via the email associated with your account. More in-depth details on how this process will work will be provided in the near future once we've had a chance to test out the process for ourselves."