main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forum Rules And Admin Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Dagsy, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Greetings and welcome to the Star Wars Saga forum. This thread serves as both a place to view the rules for the forum (adapted from The Senate) as well as a place to discuss various improvements to the forum.

Enjoy! :)

The Saga Forum.

Welcome to The Saga Forum!

You may be asking yourself what this forum is all about. Well, that's what this thread is for, to answer your questions regarding this forum, and to lay down some specific guidelines and rules.

First off, how does this forum differ from Miscellaneous?

This is to be a Saga discussion forum, not an anything goes forum. This forum is designed specifically to for in-depth discussions that encompass the entire Star Wars saga, which were often drowned out in the Miscellaneous forum. We felt it best to offer a place where serious Saga discussions could prosper.

What kind of discussions are allowed?

Ah, the million dollar question. Basically, This forum is designed for inter-Trilogy discussion. For topics that cross the boundary between Original Trilogy, and Prequel Trilogy. Discussions that are confined to one of the Prequels should be located in the relevant forum, either the Classic Trilogy forum, or TPM or AotC Forums.

What about Episode 3 spoilers?

In order to make the Saga forum available to as many members as possible, there is a strict NO SPOILER rule. No threads or posts that include spoilers will be allowed. Including spoilers will result in a very harsh punishment. Basic, accepted principles of Ep3 are allowed, such as knowing the Anakin becomes Darth Vader, that he is seduced to the Dark Side. However, no specifics that may arise in spoilers. Ep3 discussion can only take place as a part of the larger cross-Trilogy discussion. Five out of Six episodes is enough to foster legitimate Saga discussion.

What about the Expanded Universe?

As with the other Movie Forums, the use of EU is restricted. It can be presented as a possibility. One option out of many. It is not to be presented as an absolute, or fact that cannot be argued against. When presenting an EU argument, it is considered good manners to point out that you are putting forth an EU commentary.

Additionally, there will be no debates about whether the EU is canon. These "Canon Wars" will not be tolerated in the slightest.

Are any of the rules different?

The rules aren't different to the other movie forums. As this is a new forum, and its success depends on a mature environment, it is critical that the rules be followed and observed at all times. The forum will be run strictly until it finds its feet, and then will be run in a more relaxed manner.
    As with the other Movie Forums, the use of EU is restricted. It can be presented as a possibility. One option out of many. It is not to be presented as an absolute, or fact that cannot be argued against. When presenting an EU argument, it is considered good manners to point out that you are putting forth an EU commentary.

It is imperative that the rules be followed for this forum to achieve its purpose, thus and infractions will be dealt with swiftly and sternly. If you're not sure if what you're about to post will be OK, do NOT post it. Don't risk it. Flaming, trolling, antagonizing, being abusive, threatening, or being problematic will not be tolerated in the slightest.
    One final note: This board is here for your enjoyment, but if you are going to participate, it is critical that you observe the rules and spirit of the forum. All administrative decisions regarding whether or not a post is inappropriate in nature or in tone are left to the moderators' discretion. If any moderator deems a post offensive, antagonis

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Just an FYI, Spike_Spiegel is taking over from me in the Saga forum.

He's been here before, and knows what this place is about.

So...lets all welcome him in.

3. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Thanks Dagsy. I would like to thank you in public for all of your help personally and specially for your hard work here in Saga. You're the one that really has built this place to what it is now.

I bow to you, sir.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Welcome back Spike, good to see you again.

Dagsy, I would like to thank you for your great service to this forum and to this site. You did a great job here and you deserve thanks.

-Seldon

5. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Just a heads up, I've decided to implement the Three Strikes Policy used in the Classic Trilogy Forum. I have added the info to the first post of this thread. If an user breaks this policy, he/she will recieve a PM from me.

That is all. ;)

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Spike, I agree that formally putting the three strike politcy in is a good idea.

I have not noticed much canon debate in this forum, but it is a good idea in the case that a canon argument does come up in here.

Good thinking,

-Seldon

7. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Sorry to see you go, Darren. But, you have to do what you have to do. Also, welcome back to Pete. I'm really glad you put up the 3 Strike Policy...just thinking of the Stormtrooper/clonetrooper thread from last summer makes me glad we have it...and that was more than half a year ago.

8. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah. There is little canon debate in this forum, but if there is a flareup, we now have protocols to handle it.

9. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    I am getting tired of replies with little more than a sarcastic remark instead of an intelligent argument. This is not what this forum was designed for. This forum is a place where intelligent, serious, in=depth discussion. If you have nothing else to reply than a sarcastic comment well, don't reply.

As always, I want to thank all the forum regulars for making this the best forum for Star Wars discussion in the JC. Or at least, thats my take on it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.