main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Forza Motorsports

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Jan 26, 2011.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    So, I got Forza 3 Ultimate Collection recently and I'm loving it. What I'm really pleased about is that the Ultimate Collection came with all the DLC so I didn't have to buy any of it. I'm not sure I should be let near the paint/decal thing though as I now have a pink/black Alfa Romeo.

As soon as I get my Gold Live account I'm going to go online to have a few races. Would anyone on here be up for that?

Also, Forza 4 isn't too far away, or at least I've seen a lot of notices for it. Should be intriguing though I'm not sure what to make of the Kinect controlling for it.

2. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I am actually just about to buy the Forza 3 ultimate edition. I would definitely be up for racing. I assume your gamertag is in the gamertag thread.

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Awesome!

Yeah, my gamertag is there, and it's the same as my username on here. ;)

Edit: maybe we could get a TFN decal and start a team?

4. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Haha, yeah that would be funny.

Will need to get used to driving Forza cars though. Played it at a mates house and its like trying to drive a tank compared to F1 cars I am used to driving in F12010.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've been thinking about this TFN team thing. How about having a TFN team car to go with the decals? I'm partial to the VX220, which is rather nice, or we can go with the box art car, the Audi R8. Mind you, I'm not good at making decals, but I have one for the bonnet which is simple but nice.

6. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I could just play around with the car customizations alone. I still have not bought the third game yet.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Either it's the right time to get it as you can now get the ultimate edition which will have all the DLC in it, or it's the wrong time because Forza4 will be out at the end of the year. Either way, I will be doing a TFN race team in both Forza3 and Forza4.

I haven't needed to do anything with my cars yet, I just keep winning so I have loads of credits. I have no idea what to do with them all.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm finding the online play to be very depressing. I can't get any higher than last. :_|

I can shove up a TFN design now though, so any recommendations on a team car?

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Just a quick heads up on some current sales stuff. The following Forza 3 packs are 200 points each:
    Community Choice Pack (1957 Ferrari 250 California, 1982 DeLorean DMC-12, 1973 BMW Motorsport 2002 Turbo, 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II, 1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500, 1971 De Tomaso Pantera, 1971 AMC Javelin-AMX, 1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution, 1978 Saab 99 Turbo, 1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS-454)
    Sidewinder Proving Grounds Pack (18 tracks)
    Hot Holidays Pack (2010 Ferrari 458 Italia, 2010 Nissan GT-R SpecV, 2010 Ferrari 599XX, 2009 Audi #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15 TDI, 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV, 2009 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing Lola, 2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2009 Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss, 2010 Jaguar XFR, 2010 Audi S4)

I got the Community Choice Pack as it's the only one that didn't come with the Ultimate Collection. It's gonna be so cool racing the DeLorean. :cool:

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry for the triple post, but I thought this was worth mentioning. There's an article in OXM this month about the Forza series and some info on Forza 4. Should be an epic game when it's released.

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I played 4 at a friend's house for hours yesterday (even got close to 400 gamerscore) and am having some serious withdrawals now. I'm tempted to go out and get a copy for myself, but with Arkham City coming out in a couple days, I'll have to wait for a price drop later on.

Still, probably the best racing game I've ever played (Super Mario Kart notwithstanding of course).

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's definitely worth getting, though I'm undecided about the Season Pass thing.

Still, any thoughts on having a TFN team with 'official' team decals and an 'official' team car? I quite like the car on the front of the Collector's Edition but I don't know what it is.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I'd be up for it, but I'm not sure who else would be on board besides me and you. :p Plus since I don't have Live at my house I'm not sure how often I'd be able to log on.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I could be persuaded to do that. Of course I don't have Forza 4 yet, but it would be pretty sweet.

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    The cool thing about clubs in Forza 4 is that, aside from having a four letter tag appear before your gamertag to signify your alignment (TFN...X? :p), every member can put cars that they own in the club's garage for other members to borrow. So say if Moose has a sweet Bugatti Veyron that I want to borrow for a race, he can put that car in the club garage and any member of that club can use it, even if they don't own it for themselves. So we could design a bunch of TFN cars and put them in the garage as we go. I think that'd be cool.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    And the good thing about that is that if you borrow my Bugatti I won't have to worry about whether you left a full tank or not, or how much damage you do. :p

I was thinking "TheForce.Net Gamers" for the name and "TFNX" or just "TFN" as the tag. I'll do a 2012 BMW M5 for the first 'team car' at some point, I just need some ideas as to what to put on it and colour schemes. I could definitely do 'GTHOTB' as number plates, which would be cool.

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
  18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm in. Just bought the game for myself a few minutes ago.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I've ordered my copy, thankfully I've completed any outstanding campaigns and MP level progression that I wanted to do now so I'm free as far as new games go. Should be arriving Tuesday.

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Cool. :cool: Any thoughts on team colours/designs/etc?

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    In light of Darth Maul's return (:oops:), I say either jet-kriffing-black with a Maul face insignia, or red and black tribal patterns.

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Just thought I'd post this as a possible number plate design:

Because the image tag doesn't want to work

Like it? Love it? Think it needs changing?

As for Darth Maul, he's not going to be easy in any way shape or form.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Remind me what those initials stand for. Looks good though, took me a moment to realise that BMW wasn't real.

When I get the game tomorrow I'll work on a decent Maul paintjob.

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's from the image at the top of the reply page:

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/JC/images/games2008_1/reply.jpg]

It stands for 'Get The Hell Off The Boat'. :cool:

Now I know how big the letters need to be I'll make a group for it so it can just be added to any car. Also, that's the 2012 BMW M5.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Game has arrived, installing now.

Moose, you free any time today and tomorrow? I have nothing on til Thursday.