main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Forza Motorsports

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't know what I'm doing! But I'm having a blast and whatever I am doing seems to be working alright so far :D

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Is Wednesday at 2pm (UK time) any good?

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I hope this isn't too late for anyone, though I know it's a bit late for me:

Gamespot's guide to the reward car prices.

Some of the price differences aren't that great, but some of them are huge! So check the list next time you get a free car and think about it. If you're likely to buy the most expensive car at some point then get it for free and buy the cheaper one later.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thought this was worth double posting for!

A Bose branded Nissan 370Z.

[image=https://c193490.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/xbox/forza-bose/background.jpg]

The Nissan 370Z is in the game but it does not look as good as that one!

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Lot's of exciting news today!!

Firstly, next month's pack will be Porsche themed. Unlike all packs so far this will have a huge thirty cars, seven of which have never been seen in any Forza game before. It will also come with twenty new challenges and ten new achievements. It'll cost 1600 MS Points or $19.99 so it's a bit more expensive than the regular packs but it's worth it!
    Full details are here.

Secondly, the March Pirelli Pack is out tomorrow (the 6th)! There's not really a lot to say about this as it's the same sort of thing we've seen before. Another ten cars for us to race.
    Full details are here

Lastly, there's a new Forza game coming at the end of the year! Called 'Forza Horizon' it's being developed by Playground Games in collaboration with Turn 10. As it's just announced there isn't really much I can say. There is an official trailer though, which is kinda shiny.
    Full details are here, including the trailer.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    So, Forza Horizon is out later this month and I'm super excited for it! Not only that, but the demo is out tomorrow and playing it will get you an exclusive car for the full game! Yeah, I know, it's not much but I'm a sucker for things like that, and the promo cars for Forza 4 were pretty nifty.

8. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I played the demo last night. This game definitely feels more arcade-ish than the main series.

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It does, and I kinda like that. I also like that I can just cruise around aimlessly. Even in the small area of the demo it's just fun to drive for the sake of driving.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Welp, my copy turned up a day early so I'm just giving that a go! I seriously love this game. It's got the pure Forza racing with open roads that I can just drive around without really doing anything if I don't want to. Plus night driving too, which is a lot of fun. I need to find a great place to park up at night to see if the headlights stay on while taking a picture. That'd be good, and better if it was optional. Anyone else got it?

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm not even halfway through the career on 4. [face_whistling]

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I heard a rumour that Forza 5 will be a launch title for the new xbox. Obviously it's just a rumour so I'm not going to get excited until it's officially announced, but could this make it worth getting a new xbox on launch? I'm tempted to say yes as I love me some Forza, but I'm not sure I'll be able to afford the console. I might just buy the game for the preorder bonuses and then get the console after Christmas. [face_thinking]

In more immediate news, there's a free expansion for Forza Horizon out today called 'The 1000 Club'. It'll add a load of challenges with some for every car in the game and 250G worth of achievements. It'll come with two new cars to enjoy. It's out today, though I've just checked and it isn't live yet.

Oh, and I'm looking for a decent car for one of the races. It needs to be FWD and A class (I think). I've tried upgrading one of the few eligible cars but I can't just match the speed of the others. If anyone knows of a good car that I can convert to FWD that'd be much appreciated.

13. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    cool that they have a free expansion with more stuff to do in it. was kinda wanting more from horizon. (i have the previous two and the original on xbox as well, just no xbox live for me sadly).

i have to say that some of the stuff in horizon was a very nice departure from the traditional forza setup, and i hope that they have a followup game for it sometime. but five... should be interesting for sure.

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, it got me to pick it up again so I've been finishing all the races I haven't done. I like the two free cars that came with it too.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with it. I like Horizon because it has the same excellence I expect from a Forza game but it's got some other things that I've been wanting too, like night racing and off road racing. I hope they do a main series game every other year with a Horizon game in between. That'd be good.

Trimaj likes this.
  15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Does anyone else do the scavenger hunts? They're kinda fun to do and you get a unicorn if you get it right.

Also, Pizza Hut have a promo on. If you use the Pizza Hut app to order through your xbox you get a code for a car. It's only open to the US, so if anyone has a spare code I'd very much appreciate it. ;)

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry for the triple post but this is awesome:

It's a trailer for Forza 5 and what they did was print out every frame from the first trailer and film them from a car driving past at high speed. It's the same principal as a zoetrope where each frame is lined up in shot as the camera is recording which gives the illusion that it's a static video in the shot. It's amazing.

Trimaj likes this.
  17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Does anyone other than me play Forza? I've got Horizon 2 on preorder but I'd like to know if anyone has got it already and what they think. The demo is a blast to play so I can't wait for the full game.

18. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Downloaded the Horizon demo but haven't tried it yet. I played Forza 5 (IIRC?) a couple weekends ago when it was available as a free trial for Xbox Live Gold members. The visuals were beautiful, but I suck at racing games.

EDIT:

Just started the demo. The unskippable intro is annoying [face_plain]

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    As far as I can remember the only time you see the intro is when you first play the game. It kind of got me in the mood for Horizon so it's not too bad. Oddly enough, putting up the skill of drivatars makes the game easier. In Forza 4 the drivatars were a bit slower and weren't as good but they were still competent. In Forza 5, the drivatars are just terrible and prone to crashing into everyone and everything. The higher the skill level the better they drive so they don't crash into anyone as often.

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    There's going to be a stand alone expansion to Horizon 2 called 'Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious' which will feature the cars from the films and the open world from Horizon 2. I'm excited for this as I love Horizon 2 and I love the films. I've always wanted to drive some of the cars in the films and now I can! What makes this more awesome is that it's free from March 27 until April 10. After that it'll be $10 but if you buy it while it's free you don't get charged or restricted. All the details are on the official site:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_fast_and_furious_announce

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    The expandalone is out now! The good thing is that it's free until April 10. The bad thing is that it's 15GB. What happened to the good old days when complete games came on single CDs and it was unusual if it came on two or more?