main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Found an error in AOTC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Horax, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    When Jango is fighting Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan is moving in on the ramp towards Slave I, watch Obi's movements. It's basically just bad editing, but it's there.

He's swinging his blade to block Jango's laster blasts, but after he blocks a few, watch Obi-Wan. He swings again, obviously trying to block something, but the shot never arrives. He's blocking mid air! He would never swing his sword just to be swinging...it's kind of funny.

2. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    He swings his lightsaber just in case. It's raining and Obi-Wan can't predict Jango's every move, since he's a human(Jango, that is).
    Makes perfect sense to me.

Obi-Wan is a human Jedi
    /LM

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Found an error in AOTC

Found an error in your sentence.

He's swinging his blade to block Jango's laster blasts, but after he blocks a few, watch Obi-Wan.

[face_plain]

4. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    o_O

5. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Obi Wan always swings is saber around for no reason, he dd the same thing atleast twice in TPM when hes dueling Maul. Once when Maul uses the force to open that blast door, now that was a funny site, Obi Wan just walking towards Maul swinging his saber. Then the second time he swings it is when he does the back flipp over Maul right after he cut his saber inn half, he throws in a swing when he really could have ended he duel there because he missed an oppertunity to strike.

He also does it once or twice in ROTS. If there is one thing Obi Wan is definately a master of, its definately swinging his blade around for only God knows why. :D

Anyways, Ill have to check this one out, thanks for telling me. Its always funny watching Obi Wan make do silly things. Im glad George is consistant with his character. Now all he needs to do is CG in a swing in ANH. :)

6. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    rofl... er

7. the-shrude-dude

the-shrude-dude Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    .... and your sentence was found in error

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Actually, I think I know what he's talking about.

It's a fairly bad cut, because Obi-Wan is 30 feet away, then suddenly he's 5 feet away.

That sequence always bugged me because I imagined Obi-Wan doing some uber-cool deflection we'll never get to see. 8-}

9. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2004
    That's form 4, when OB1 swings his saber at Maul. Master Jinn does that too to Darth Maul after he gets kicked back for kicking Maul hard with the elbow in the face, which resulted in their fall in the first place.
    But in AOTC it's form 3. So that swing is just because "Obi-Wan is human".

Stop the spellcheck, please.

10. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes the spell checking needs to stop.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Whoops, never mind. 8-}

Horax is talking about the medium close-up of Obi-Wan looking up at Jango Fett while he's jetpacking away. He does his little "habit" of a saber spin.

The "error" I was talking about wasn't so much an error as bad editing - Obi-Wan is just outside the Kamino door, blocking Fett's laser blasts, then *suddenly* Obi-Wan is 5 feet away.

It always bugged me.

12. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    It might be form 4 when Obi Wan swings at Maul after he cut his saber in half, but ti definately wasnt form 4 when he was just casually walking over to Maul when he opened the hanger door. That was more like a "Look at me, Im swingin my lightsaber"8-}

13. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    First of all what is form 4 and form 3, sory if that is a stupid question im kinda a noob when it comes to starwars but ya when it comes to obi-wan swinging his lightsabre nothing well i've seen that several times in the pt. I just think it is something he doest to build his momentam, like when base ball players hit tab their bats several times before the ball actualy comes and they swing for it. I dont know its just what i think

14. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    It's actually just due to choppy edits of cuts, courtesy of n00bish editor Ben Burtt. Yeah wise decision Mr. George Lucas, to let him touch the musical score and editing room. :rolleyes:

And plus, the ENTIRE movie is cut together this way. The specific example you've noted is just a minor nitpick of the many times more painfully apparent choppily edited scenes, and in great numbers.

15. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    No problem, form 4 is the energetic, flips and jumps fighting style that Qui Gon, Obi Wan(TPM) and Yoda(AOTC&ROTS) use, Form 3 is the defensive style that Obi Wan uses in both AOTC and ROTS. According to EU, Obi Wan changed his style after Qui Gons death because he saw the faults in it. There are 7 forms all together, I dont know all of them, but I do have a Stare Wars insider that explains all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.