main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Found: Online transcript of rare UK-only SW book

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Terranix, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    I really hope I'm not reposting old information, here...

I've dug up an online transcript for one of Paul Cockburn's UK only "The Lost Jedi" adventure game books whilst mucking around idly on Google.

It appears to be on a Japanese site, last updated in 1999. So how much longer the site'll be around, I can't tell you. I suppose these books would still be canon, being without Infinities labels or anything, so I hope this is of some use to you guys. It deals with a part of the Rebel operation to unearth the first Death Star's schematics.

Search around- I think there's other stuff in English for the rest of the volumes in Cockburn's series, but I couldn't get anything other than gibberish from their site entries.

As an aside, I notice Toprawa was later mentioned in one of the Wraith Sqaudron books. Pity no-one was able to appreciate the Easter Egg at the time, eh? In any case, it gives the series a better air of validity.

EV Edit: Removed the link due to it containing full text of copyrighted material.

2. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    A good chunk of the full text from the Farlander Papers is in there too, which really interested me, since I haven't seen them anywhere in about 5 years at least.

Bravo for finding this.

3. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    You may not know it, but the works are still copyrighted, and it is against forum rules to post links to works transcribed in their entirety because it promotes copyright infringement.

"As an aside, I notice Toprawa was later mentioned in one of the Wraith Sqaudron books. Pity no-one was able to appreciate the Easter Egg at the time, eh? In any case, it gives the series a better air of validity."

BTW, Toprawa is much older than Jedi Dawn. There is no mysterious easter egg to the british books made in X-wing books. Toprawa originates from the old Star Wars Radio Drama.

5. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Ah, oops. I hadn't been aware of that.

Are you sure it matters if something is totally out of print? I don't believe Boxtree so much as retains a Star Wars license.

Besides, I since there's a typo here & there, it can't said to have been copied out EXACTLY, can it?

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya, it matters, until Lucas dies (...and like 70 years or so after), they are still under his copyright. It is against this forums policies to break copyright.

Typos are irrelevant, the transcribers accidental mistakes don't just automatically make the fact that he copied the entire work word for word, "ok". Its still against forum policy.
    Case in point many magazine issues are out of print a few months after they are first printed(Insider, Gamer), as they have a limited print run. Yet it is still against this forum's policies to copy entire articles or the freebies that come with the magazine because the copyrights are still in place. For example, no one can post up entire short stories from the various star wars magazines because it would be breaking copyright laws, as well as this forum's policies on the matter.

7. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    *Shrug*

Well, my apologies. I guess that if a moderator feels the need to delete the thread, they will.

Sorry.

8. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Terra mate, I wouldnt worry about it.

I don't think LFL are gonna get that annoyed about it.

Leave it be.

And anyway looks interesting....

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya, I'm sure if the mods see this thread, they'll either edit out your link, or lock it. They have done it many times before, ;).

10. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Hey mods! I *dare* you to lock this thread!

;) (Just kidding.)

TC

11. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Go ahead and lock it, I alreayd got it bookmarked. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.