Found: Perfect DV helmet for the cat purse! I think?

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by Cruzer_Fett, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    We were playing with my son's 12" limited Vader Pez dispenser the other day and it struck me that it's the perfect size helmet for the cat purse(can't remember its name). Ebay should have plenty of the regular black Vader's listed. You might be able to work in the sound and lit eyes too if it were done right.

Another great project for Crazy old wizard.

And, I saw brown nylon weaved Kitty collars at our local pet store the other day. But I'll confess that my eyes were entranced by the leather dog collars riddled with spikes.

How about a leather Kitty collar. Would that work? I've got plenty of scrap leather in the garage and a few chrome 1/2" buckles that are the same exact size as the buckles used on the nylon collars I saw.

I wouldn't mind whipping up a kitty collar for the kitten(can't remember its name), but I don't know if there are restrictions with leather or not when it comes to cat collars.
  2. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, first the cat purse is Skippy, got that.;) :D

I will look on ebay, thanks. And if it works Skippy will thank you.

One would not think it that difficult to find a Vader Helmet for a cat purse.:confused:

Barry has already talked about doing a leather collar that would mimic Dooku's belt for Sid'ious.
    His name is Sid'ious. As in Darth Sidious.:rolleyes: [face_whistling] :)

...Breaker of hips, trasher of hotel rooms, splashers of Pepsi...

Just got to love the little Sith Lord.[face_love]
  3. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
  4. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
  5. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, you're still more than welcomed to the buckle! It's with some stuff I was planning on taking back anyways (got some cockimany idea to make cowboy cuffs during one visit). But I'll put it aside and it's my gift to Sid'ious if chrome will work with the rest of his attire.

:cool:
  6. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you. The buckles might work and I think chrome would be okay.

Sid'ious is also waiting for his sandcrawler. Since the tank is apart it is not as much fun as before.:D
  7. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sid's waiting? I'm hoping the thing's big enough for ME. Saddle up and Ride 'em Jedi... yee-HAW!!![face_cowboy]
  8. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
  9. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    You can deal with the Sith Lord on that one.[face_worried]
  10. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
  11. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is there a pukey smiley on this forum yet?
  12. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_sick] That's as close as it gets.
  13. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    So who wants to go see the movie with me?

Seriously though, I'm sure the producers knew they would put off a lot of people when they decided to make an alternative lifestyle, homosexual, gay, (whatever you want to call it) cowboy movie. I know of a few people who were either turned off by Alexander the Great and/or completely refused to see the movie because of the implied homosexual undertones of some scenes. I didn't have a problem going to see it with my wife and I enjoyed the movie as a whole. But more than likely you won't see me walking into the movie theater with a bunch of my male buddies to see Brokeback. And I don't think I'll even have a desire to rent it later on down the road.

Just a thought.
  14. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've heard it's actually a really good story, everything else aside, but I will admit I passed on it to see KONG one last time on the big screen.

[face_monkey][face_love]!!!
  15. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually, I've also heard and read good reviews and I'll probably end up renting down the road. But I do find it interesting how what I would think two totally opposing images such as the macho cowboy and the alternative lifestyle are brought together into one realm creating a combination I had never considered before.

[face_cowboy]
  16. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Gay cowboys? Never happen.:D :D

Our images and what we expect of people can make an impression. I read a letter today from someone who had gone to see the movie with a mind set but came away with a completly different view. The letter was in response to a letter-to-the-editor from a man that was complaining about what a horrible movie this was even though he had not seen it. I understand that the movie is not so much about gay lifestyle as it is a story of two people who find themselves in love but must be apart. Tragic love story which does not really appeal to me, but I don't really like tragic love stories unless there is some sort of bugged eyed monster or really big ape.:) [face_monkey]
  17. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Anything I write right now is soley my OPINION, nothing else. I do not claim to have all of the answers.

I think it's sad. Really sad. Not the fact that they made a movie about the gay lifestyle, or about cowboys. What I think is sad is that Joaquin Phoenix will get robbed of the oscar he deserves JUST BECAUSE Brokeback was about homosexuality. I don't care how somebody wants to live, that's their choice. I just think that Walk The Line is going to get robbed, that's all.
  18. Ischade Jedi Knight

star 1

working in a video store, i've had to deal with alot of those same people.....same attitude...come back yakked off because of both the homosexuality and the brutality towards his wife...*shrug*...i just told those people that the director/writer(s) decided to stick with history instead of throwing Alexander into a clinch with every woman he came across....i'm by no means an expert on him or the time but i do know a couple things...one...he was far more interested in bedding men...and two..he had a wife for the sole purpose of having an heir.....*shrug*...most royal marriages throughout history have been for the purpose of heirs....for pleasure the monarch involved looked elsewhere...

as far as Brokebck Mountain is concerned??....it didn't interest me Before i found out what it was about.....

ok..../end of rant/

meow.....

me*
  19. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2

Now on to a lighter note...

MotherP, I was wrong, the buckles I have are brass plated. I'll be going to the leather store probably early Sat. morn so let me know which color would work best, or if you won't need one at all.
  20. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.